• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Symphony

Night sweats

not yet, soon hopefully doctors again next week, :)
  2. Symphony

Night sweats

thanks so much for sharing :) it is so helpful to know that night sweats don't always = menopause, I was starting to panic about it! I am going to try the bamboo sheets see if that helps, and I am keeping a diary to see if I can find a pattern, none yet. Having a bath before bed seems to help a...
  3. Symphony

Night sweats

anyone tried bamboo bedsheets? I was reading an article and its apparently brilliant, however they also sold the sheets so that might be a bit biassed of them to say.
  4. Symphony

Night sweats

no, no meds at all, accept over counter pain killers
  5. Symphony

Night sweats

I really hope its not pre-menopausal! I am 24 and haven't had a baby yet. You do hear of it happening really early in some people though :thumbdown:. I am hoping for a 'drink peppermint tea before bed' or 'use this funky bedlinen' type response ... short of that, I guess its back to the doctors...
  6. Symphony

Night sweats

:zippit: ick, I know But argh help me! I cant stand it any more, I have terrible nightmares and wake up soaking all the time, every night, my internal thermostat is broken, I am freezing all day and then go to sleep and turn into lava and I am literally soaked as if someone had thrown buckets...
  7. Symphony

B12 deficiency, what does this mean?

ah I see, thank-you very much, the doctor did say that I might be given an injection of B12 after the next set of tests, but he can't give it to me yet as he needs to find out why its so low in the first place, This genetic mutation, does it have a specific name? I wish I knew why this was...
  8. Symphony

I had a quick look through, but to be honest I don't really understand what anyone was talking about and it was hard for me to understand weather the things in those threads were related to this or not. For instance what is methylation, and what do you mean tried methyl B12 and folate?
  9. Symphony

no shortness of breath, but lots of pins and needles and numbness and tingling and vision disturbance etc, which I am guessing is somewhat related to that because that's what they were looking for the cause of when I had the fist tests done.
  10. Symphony

so, bloods came back, and I have enlarged red blood cells, and not enough B12 doctor said that its very unusual for someone of my age (24) ..... I have been sent for more blood tests again... Gp didn't have much time to explain it all to me, can anyone shed any light on this? is this normal...
  11. Symphony

Is LYME DISEASE...UNDER YOUR SKIN?

That's an interesting thought, I remember getting a tick on my leg when I was 8 or 9, freaked me out completely, my mum tried to get it out but the mouth parts got stuck and they had to sort of dig it out if you get me, it was horrible!