• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Does anyone want www.cfidsresearch.com ?

At moderators: I don't know if this is the correct place to post this? Does anyone want to take over / take the domain name cfidsresearch.com? (for free) For the past few years I've been trying to haphazardly maintain this as an overview of all research findings I came across, but I don't have...
  2. H

Adaptogens for Adrenal Fatigue

Everywhere online it says that you shouldn't take ginseng for prolonged periods, apparently 2 weeks on 2 weeks of for a few weeks is the 'max', and using it for longer than 3 months at a time is advised against. Seems like something you should add in an article like this. You can buy the...
  3. H

Podcasts?

Are there any CFS research/news related podcasts out there? I've already subscribed to this one CFS Articles which posts mp3s of recent research articles. (Handy if you can listen better/longer than you can read, or if you listen while you travel), but I couldn't find any others in iTunes.
  4. H

Autoimmune Fatigue Syndrome AIFS leads to CFS and a promising diagnosing tool

Hashimoto about 2 years post CFIDS. (thyroid tested a bunch of times before, then all normal, thyroid meds make no difference when it comes to the CFIDS symptoms)
  5. H

ME/CFS Cytokine/Chemokine profile

Quick image of the above data :
  6. H

CFIDS without Fibromyalgia/pain ?

I've been reading a lot online lately (mainly about XMRV), but in almost all articles about CFIDS, pain seems to be a pretty big factor. I'm your typical post-viral case (10 years, housebound, if I bike/walk for over 15 minutes I crash for days after) and as far as I know pain is just one of...
  7. H

History of smoking a possible co-factor of ME/CFS?

Never smoked, and being in cigarette smoke makes me feel a lot sicker.
  8. H

FDA/NIH study - links to information and articles

I'm a newbie here on the forums (post viral cfids, 10 years and counting, so no newbie in that regard) so I don't know if this has already been asked. Also sorry to break in and go slightly off topic. Has anyone already grouped/ organized all research articles/info into a Group in Zotero...