• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Professor de Merleir treatment?

Just wondering if anyone knows how to get access to ampligen in Canada? Have anyone of you ever heard of someone being treated with Ampligen? Thank you kindly in advance, Lisa
  2. L

Igenex, lyme/TBD testing, different interpretations...

My husband also had a Igm 31+ and 41+ band from Igenex. He did the testing for the 31kda epitope and wAs found positive. I am wondering if anyone knows of published articles that suggest the accuracy/validity of Igenex testing. In Canada all doctors we have spoken to do not believe the test is...
  3. L

CFS/ME Doctors in Toronto, Ontario?

Thank you for your advice. I will look into your suggestions. If there are other Doctors that anyone knows of covered by ohip please advice. Thanks again.
  4. L

Thank you for your responses. I have already contacted the MEAO and they emailed me a list of potential doctors that may be taking patients. I have contacted "all" of them on the list and they either were not taking new patients or did not accept him for an appointment. I have not contacted the...
  5. L

Hello all, My husband has been suffering from CFS/ME symptoms for almost 2 years now and we have yet to find a doctor in the Toronto area to help in the management of his condition. I have asked our doctors office to put 4 referrals to Rheumatologists in Toronto and all of them have declined my...
  6. L

My visits with Dr. Byron Hyde

Thank you to those that have posted information about Dr. Hyde. I am very interested in bringing my husband to see Dr. Hyde. I was wondering if there were any others out there that have been to see him and what the overall diagnoses was? I am simply wondering how helpful you believe the...