• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

New protocol combines methylation, mito, glutathione support, etc.

Don't know if it's this protocol in combination with Fred's, but it might have been. I've been taking PQQ, ubiquinol, carnitine b12, vit K2, C, A, D, B complex, B12, E, niacinamide, chromium, zink, selenium, magnesium and a whole bunch of other stuff. It took months of ups and downs, but I'm a...
  2. C

Physician in the Netherlands

Hi Valentijn, I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. Somehow their incompetence doesn't surprise me anymore. I'm glad I didn't start therapy there. Good luck.
  3. C

Wired!

Hi Arx, I watched the following presentation: http://mthfr.net/methylation-and-mthfr-defects-presentation/2012/04/25/ Around 40 minutes into the presentation. The COMT mutation is discussed. This could be relevant for what you expirience.
  4. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Tara, The stuff that you ordered looks fine. It's the right stuff I think. If you tolerate these doses well, you can always order larger ones. What does SKU stand for?
  5. C

Multivitamin with methylfolate?

http://www.healthegoods.com/optimal-multivitamin-240-vegetarian-capsules-seeking-health.html# Hi Guys, I found this one after watching Dr. Lynch's presentation on MTHFR. It's very expensive, but I think if I take this I could stop taking chromium, magnesium, selenium and take less vitamin C...
  6. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Tara, The Solgar nuggets that are under discussion right now (due to possible issues Jarrow) are sublingual. They're just called nuggets. Please see the link below. How much you want to order depends on what you need. Some people get a big reaction from 1 g. I don't even feel it. In fact I...
  7. C

Thank for the clarification Jeffrez, I thought it was part of the Hodgson protocol referred to by Rich at the top of this thread and that I overlooked something. It will be interesting to see how it works for you. Good luck.
  8. C

Wanting to get started on simplified protocol while awaiting genetic testing results

Hi Jason, Loosing all that you typed really sucks. Maybe you could scan and attach to limit the workload? With regards to the hydroxy B12, I think it's an individual thing. It seems that taking the active types is the safest option. However, I was already taking the hydroxy type and...
  9. C

Wanting to get started on simplified protocol while awaiting genetic testing results

Hi Place, The funny thing is that I am quite prone to IBS (mostly stress ralated, no allergies as far as I'm aware), but I was surprised how well I was doing after I started supplementing. I think I was less stressed, thus less IBS. However the symptoms that were caused by potassium were...
  10. C

Hi Rich, Many thanks for the clarification. I will have try to take calcium and magnesium separately and in different ratios in the future. Could you please clarify two more things? I just understood that niacin depletes methyl groups from the presentation below. But niacin is needed for...
  11. C

Hi Jeffrez, Could you please clarify whether the NT factor is on the protocol which Rich has pasted the link to? I don't see it on the list. Maybe I'm just too tired. I did a search function, still can't find it. Or was it not on this protocol at all and it's one of your suggestions? Thanks!
  12. C

Hi Dreambirdie, Don't you think that KEEP OUT REACH OF CHILDREN is quite a sensible statement for a bottle of supplements? In fact I think most supplements carry these statements, at least the ones in Europe. My son goes wild every time he sees me taking supplements. He thinks they all taste...
  13. C

BH4 and Folate Questions - Rich? Anyone?

I take the niacin comment back. Apparently, this should only be done when overmethylating and we don't want to deplete those methyl groups. Just watching a presentation by the same guy on MTHFR. http://mthfr.net/methylation-and-mthfr-defects-presentation/2012/04/25/
  14. C

Dibencoplex for the active B12? Fred have you tried it yet?

I have been taking dibencoplex for 5 days now. 'Too curious to wait for Fred. It could be my misperception, but so far I have a feeling that the 10 mg hydroxy B12 was doing a better job for me. I am probably able to convert the hydroxy though as it works for me in high doses, which is not the...
  15. C

BH4 and Folate Questions - Rich? Anyone?

Hi guys, What do you guys think about this? Breakfast: 5 (edited) 4 g methylfolate (5x800 mcg), 10 mg adenosylcobalamin, 1 mg methylcobalamin Lunch: 5 mg methylcobalamin, 3 mg adenosylcobalamin Dinner: 800 mcg methylfolate, 5 mg methylcobalamin Do you think it would help the BH4 process to...
  16. C

Hi Place, I think Potassium gas given me really bad diarrhea and bloating. I had no idea that it was potassium (only 99mg a day!) and have been walking around with it for two weeks. I thought it was the B2 initially. All the other stuff I'm fine with in large doses, but I think potassium...
  17. C

jarrow- did it change???

I have never used the Jarrow methyl B12 when it was in glass bottles, so I can not compare. I have ordered 1 bottle and then another 2 recently and they all seem fine. Cotton inside and pale pink tablets. It could be that some of you are dealing with a bad batch. I just ordered Solgar in order...
  18. C

True focus?

Thanks Adreno. What's yor background? You're very helpful with explaining how things work. I actually came across this product when I was looking for phenylalanine which seems to work well with P-5-P. This one has both tyrosine and phenylalanine. It might not work well for some people as some of...
  19. C

True focus?

I came across the True Focus product on iHerb and it has some really good reviews (by people with CFS as well). Has anyone tried this? I'm already trying a lot of new things at this point and don't want to try it all at the same time, but this sounded so good that I wanted to share the info...
  20. C

Poll: Freddd's B-12 Treatment Plan

Hi Rydra, I am actually taking the B right since that was what Fred recommended. What's your alternative? Thanks
  21. C

Wired!

I should add to the above that I seem to have a peak about 7 to 8 hours after taking the methyl B12. So if I take it around 20:00 I wake up at 04:00 unable to sleep. In my case I really need to time it. I seem to get realy edgy (back to pre-methtyl B12) if the methyl B12 levels are too low.
  22. C

Wired!

Hi Arx, I found that the methyl B12 has a calming effect for me. I also found out that I need to take it (5 mg) late in the evening to feel energetic and calm in the morning. In the morning I take 5 mg as well. I also take I take the adenosyl in the afternoon because that seems to work best...
  23. C

Active B12 Protocol Basics

Hi Jeffrez, Hi much water do you use for the dibencoplex. Is about a glass ok? Cheers, Cureminded
  24. C

Lapp-Cheney B12 treatment, methylation treatment, & Freddd's treatment

Hi Rich, Are you saying that if a person doesn't have an inherited polymorphism in the CblC complementation group, he/she could benefit from all B12, whether adenosyl, methyl or hydroxy? It seems that they all do work for me. I take all three forms. I seem to feel a difference in how they work...
  25. C

Hi Rich, This is very interesting. Thank you for posting this. I was wondering if you could explain one thing form this protocol. It says: ´* magnesium citrate or magnesium malate 200mg TD (To support vitamin D and to reduce muscular cramps and pain) *vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol, not...
  26. C

Physician in the Netherlands

Hi Valentijn, That really sucks. I'm sorry to hear this. I was surprised that you need her for such referrals. Sounds like you just need a helpful GP. How's yours? If you don't have a good one, I would try to ask around until you find one. That makes all the difference. The referral that...
  27. C

Women: change in your periods when starting MethylB12?

Yes! I am spotting as well and I think it's too early in the cycle. I'm not sure becase I have an IUD and barely bleed normally. Still this looks different. On top of that I had nose bleeds and more bruising than normal. I don't like these signals to be honest but not sure what to make of it...
  28. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Mindglow, The information for Fred's protocol is spread over several threads and is a bit diffucult to find. However, I think it would be helpful for you to read the 2 short threads with some basic info. Please see the links below. Good luck...
  29. C

CAUTION: Vitamin B12 Sublinguals — The Citric Acid Additive Can Erode Tooth Enamel

Sensitivity disappeared. Don't know how to explain this...
  30. C

Low potassium and folate deficiency/insufficincy symptoms decision tree - Beta

Hi Fred, thanks for the reply. Good to know that it's not the potassium. Please forgive my ignorance. I don't understand why this is happening now that I started adding methylfolate. I don't normally have nose bleeds.