• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. cph13

Taking Silica for the Neck and Head

I use Alta silica for the orthosilicic acid when my nails get ugly. Little did I know about bamboo extracts benefits...I found this after reading your post https://beautyandcutie.com/pages/silica-hair-skin-and-nails. I will be adding bamboo supps to my regime. Do you know of a reliable...
  2. cph13

Cort Johnson, the Founder of Phoenix Rising, Returns to Lead the Forum!

WOW! Welcome back Cort. I've never abandoned ship @PR, just not active. THAT WILL CHANGE, I'm sure. PR has always been my 1st place to check in something that I hear about n need confirmation. I've learned so much from you Cort n, of course, our beloved Rich V K (rip) and so many others...
  3. cph13

What brand b12 is recommended?

After much trail and error since 2013, I am finally seeing benefits with weekly IV 's which include b12 (up to 5000) b complex, NAC or GSH, w magnesium and iron when needed. IMHO, I've wasted 10 years of my life with sublingual b12. I strongly suggest checking iron and ferritin then seek a Dr...
  4. cph13

Abilify tolerance

@jaybee00 APOLOGIES were made above. Et. al. Means you too! Again, thanks for the bump.
  5. cph13

Abilify tolerance

@pamojja I Thank You for all this "C" scoop. Life is a learning curve. Too bad my curve is inverted ATT. I will persue this Vit C and sedative with the surgeon but these drs. well....I've never used DSMO. I will keep going with the C to bowel tolerance. Next Tues. I see the dr. who...
  6. cph13

Abilify tolerance

OMG I just noticed, I am in the Abilify TOLERANCE grp. MY BAD! I so apologize @Hip, et al.
  7. cph13

Abilify tolerance

@Hip, I hope you are feeling better today. I am sorry if I bothered you during a bad time. Thank you ever so much! Being MTHFR ++ 1298C basics for me is b12, b9, CLO (I follow Dr. Gregs b12 protocol but I stopped using his oils due to shipping and cv and his pay method. ) Nightly I do...
  8. cph13

Abilify tolerance

"very high regular oral ascorbic acid intake could increase serum levels substantially " thank you. I went that route years ago. I had a horrid time with C 4 years ago. This is from my diary: "stabbing shooting electrical pain right angle and left shin this is the second or third time it has...
  9. cph13

Abilify tolerance

My dr. "WHO GIVES ME IV C" just test serum levels on an off IVC day. They were below range. She just commented and said, "the C is not getting into your cells". Esp. now I am an avid "c" injector. Doris Loh, the "C" guru just stated that IV C is not the right form of C to increase levels...
  10. cph13

Abilify tolerance

Sorry for the diabtribe. I know better but its complicated. Since 2013/4 no pharma has touched my lips regularly. 2018 LDN walked into my painful life. I just restarted @.05mg. for pain/inflammation. I am @3 weeks on 2 mg of abilify. . Yesterday, I added modofinal (i use this...
  11. cph13

Abilify tolerance

MY COMMENTS WERE FOR @Hip. I am NOT seeking medical advise. Just brainstorming with someone ive been following for years. Why are you being rude? I suggest you keep your nose on your face. But hey, thanks for bumping this. To update @Hip, today i added modafinil .. the boost i needed, i...
  12. cph13

Abilify tolerance

You seem to have the best handle on how things work. You are lucky Wellbutrin pooped out on you. Between max dose of Wellbutrin and .05-1mg of clonazapin I blew out my gaba receptors. I've not touched anything since. Insomniac, i need your knowledge as i am at a loss Hip. I've been on...
  13. cph13

Interested but wary about mucuna pruriens.

@Hip It never ceases to amaze me how often when i go to my docs to research something it is your "always extensive info" that comes to the head of the class. I hope this "THANK YOU" finds you in improved health since this OP! An admirer XOC Happy healing to all!
  14. cph13

B2 I love you!

Wow. Its been a long time. I'm back snooping. Love the understanding b12 group. How ya been? Pm me, when/if you have time.
  15. cph13

How to acquire Kuvan (sapropterin, tetrahydrobiopterin, BH4) for raising neurotransmitters & treating nitrosative stress

@Learner1 I haven't read this entire thread. So forgive me, i dont have the brain power to spare with a pending telemed appt @9:30am. Impreparing for. but.... this "caught my eye" QUOTE: Arginine uses up BH4 to make NO. Citrulline recycles back to arginine. So, without enough BH4, could be...
  16. cph13

Synapsin

Thank you!
  17. cph13

Synapsin

Have you had success with synapsin, I'm wondering. Also many local compounding places with ship. Do you care to share the name of the c. Pharmacy. ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING TO ADD ABOUT SYNAPSIN/RG3? Thanks.
  18. cph13

Low levels of Akkermansia

I haven't read the above links but berberine...in this write up states"Berberine has been shown to reverse a lacking gut barrier, along with the absorption of gut-derived toxins that comes with it, by promoting the 👉👉👉growth of Akkermansia muciniphila—leading to an improved intestinal barrier,*...
  19. cph13

N-Acetyl Cysteine?

Thank you! Glad I'm not a mouse, :rofl: I do take EAA also. NAC is certainly helping with my emphysema and mood, I think. I will be nebulizing glutathione soon. I've heard really great thing about it really fixing the lungs. The alternative...oxygen...I'll try glutathione nebulized 1st...
  20. cph13

N-Acetyl Cysteine?

I have not read this thread ☝️BUT... dr. Alex Vasquez has lots n lots n lots on vimeo. A brilliant man. I cant copy link. I'm on the road If I figure it out...I'll b back otherwise YouTube andvimeo his name wit "nac". He also has afb page. I'm taking 600-1800mg. For copd...he recommends...
  21. cph13

Very noticeable improvements in brain fog using Dr Greg Russell-Jones's transdermal B12 oils (which provide a similar dose to B12 injections)

Hi Hip,Thank you for your response. Did you ever do Freddd's or Yasko's SMP? Wondering if you had you'd compare which worked better. Be well, Hip.
  22. cph13

Very noticeable improvements in brain fog using Dr Greg Russell-Jones's transdermal B12 oils (which provide a similar dose to B12 injections)

Hi Hip! Great write-up, as usual. How long were you taking the co factors before you added the b12oils? There are 2 FB groups Understanding b12 deficiency and Understanding b2/12 OAT Markers that are under the direction/closely monitored by Dr. Greg. Lots of good information being...
  23. cph13

Anyone tried Galantamine for Vagus Stimulation?

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I've posted but I'm still following y'al., quietly observing, which is what I do best. I too have a "pain reduction success" @serusaert with LDN. but my sleep is horrid. It has been ever since I did a wash out of my nutrients over 1 1/2 years ago, I can't...
  24. cph13

Need Help: Severe Reaction to Sam-e (Went to the ER) - SAMe

@LampLights there's a simple way to see if it's adrenals which is a good thought @Notjustfatigue. Coconut water with salt either in the coconut water or under the tongue. C. water is high in potassium needed for adrenals along with salt. Add some vitamin C and you have what is known as "the...
  25. cph13

LED red intranasal light therapy

So excited. I ordered the 633 vielight. @Chris et al The neuro alpha gamma will be ready in less than 6 months. @raghav how did you make out? Happy healing
  26. cph13

Yipes, I GET IT! AMEN. Thank you ever so much. Have a sun-shinny SUNDAY. Although rainy here....you just light me up buttercup
  27. cph13

Thanks fo the correction/explanation don't get this stuff to well. Shorter more frequent pulse could mean "more agitation to the brain?" Or producing mitochondria faster? Steve, I know your having a rough time. It is so kind of you to explain. Happy healing, XO C
  28. cph13

Good luck! Remember, I referenced this site and the HUGE thread I was following. I spoke to Katherine 3 times in a week. I'm sure she will remember, I kept reiterating the uses of the diff. models, so, I'm sure it was frustrating for her. I doubt she will remember my name but JIC, it's Carol...
  29. cph13

@Chris you are so welcome. @raghav thank you for the update. Sad to hear it stopped working. I am in a quandry. Looks like i should go for the gamma! It has 4X the power si it's scary..Rag, while you have the window for a trade in, give them a call, inlight of the dual control in...
  30. cph13

I am so, so sorry for your health issues. Yikes, a 2nd heart surgery on top of what you are already dealing with. I can't imagine. My prayers and thoughts are with you. I can't Thank You enough for responding especially with your issues. CS @vielight said the dual unit is in production...