• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Article: XMRV the Virus

Sunny Gal, Your numbers seem right. It certainly begs the question as to why other studies in the US and abroad have not found similar numbers in their CFS control cohort. You would think by including family members of CFS patients and those in close contact that number would increase...
  2. R

XMRV and progesterone

Possible that prednisone can increase viral replication. However, prednisone is immunosupressive so seperating out the induction of viral replication by prednisone as oppesed to immunesupressive effects would be difficult.
  3. R

XMRV and progesterone

Progesterone is NOT the receptor. Hello All, I feel I must correct something on this thread. The receptor for the XMRV virus is XPR1 which is most likely a g-protein coupled receptor. The progesterone link with XMRV has to deal with the replication step of the virus. The promoters of XMRV...