• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Selfhacked's treatment for chronic fatigue

Wow Deltrus, so glad you have tried one of these. Very interesting and very mixed results it seems. It's no small thing that it reduces inflammation and speeds wound healing for you. Of course those other effects like nerves pulsing don't sound so good. I'm curious what power setting were you...
  2. P

Selfhacked's treatment for chronic fatigue

Hey drob31 I see this thread got nowhere. Did you ever try a PEMF ices device? I've been curious about PEMFs for a year or two now but have not used one. I certainly think it is an area worth investigating. There are a number of different models out there and this one is one of the most...
  3. P

Has vitamin K-2 (mk-4 or mk7) helped you ?

Hey, I cannot believe everyone seems to want to get the Glakay K2 product. I understand MK4 vs MK7 and I'm betting on MK4 at present, but Glakay - Nooooooooooooooo! Here's the ingredients that come with the Glakay K2: Source is a Glakay document...
  4. P

Has anyone tried EMDR for PTSD issues?

Hey xchocoholic Doctors not understanding me is darned unpleasant but personally I reserve the word trauma for more intense events than that. And hopefully there aren't many trauma therapies that remove your memory of past events because you always need to learn from past events to avoid future...
  5. P

Food Sensitivities: Limit or Avoid Completely?

Personally I don't rely on any tests or food groups or what chemicals are in what foods. I eat the foods and see if I react. None of the theories I've heard of explain my reactions. There's only a few foods I can eat. For almost all of the time I've known I have been food reactive, I completely...
  6. P

A Remarkable Recovery Story

A simple method to gage whether you are likely getting enough UVB from sunlight to make much vitamin D is to check whether your shadow is shorter than your height. Shorter means yes and longer means no. This seems to work both for time of day and for seasonal variations (and latitude...
  7. P

Ways to get sleep. Methods, drugs, everything.

Hi, I've gone from lifelong difficulty getting to sleep to very seldom having a problem. I did not use regular or alternative sleep methods. I never ever used drugs for sleep. I practiced a number of approaches that helped me to experience myself more as a whole body rather than experience...
  8. P

Fruit, hypoglycemia and CFS

I'm always suspect of the fear of fruit that is so widespread in the alternative health area or at least in certain subsets of it. So along that line how much fruit were you actually eating? I do not consider the ingestion of fruit and fruit juice as the same thing myself as I think that once...
  9. P

Alex, about your post.....uric acid. I wonder about kidney stones

Hey Sally - do you mean they tested the composition of the stones themselves? That's a very basic part of medical care for kidney stones. So you should know what the main ingredients of those stones are. I for instance have many many kidney stones also. Mine are composed primarily of uric...
  10. P

3 things you tried that made you WORSE!

"cranial osteopathy - left me with a really painful neck & empty bank account" Hello Min I'm curious was this the soft touch like where you can barely feel anything yet leaves most people feeling quite good type of "cranial" work or was this more forceful head and neck manipulation? I have...
  11. P

can bowen technique help those with cfs

Hi ukxmrv I want to be sure I understand your response to body work. Are you saying that even if you do something which consists mostly of light touches (Bowen has a rather neurological orientation and the work I had did not have any heavy anything no deep tissue work or even massage in it) that...
  12. P

NeuroField?

Definitely keep us posted Does your practitioner think it's purpose is long term or short term like for pain relief? I hope it works for you.
  13. P

How to Turn Down the Fight/Flight Response?

More praise for biocircuits "Another therapy that works well for me is something called biocircuits." Hey Wayne Long time since I heard anyone mention biocircuits. One clear benefit was they helped me to be able to nap and go to sleep more easily at night. May seem minor but biofeedback and...
  14. P

Deep tissue massage

Hi Lucinda I have a different take on this. Deep tissue massage might be releasing toxins etc but it also might be simply not what your muscles want. Maybe pressing, kneading etc in a forceful way is not the best way to get muscles to relax. Ones immediate pain response to some forceful...
  15. P

Just did 4 months of NRT, leaky gut, parasite, metals detox

Unless you did other testing you do not know if you had parasites In my not so humble opinion in this area, as long as you rely on muscle testing you do not know anything about your condition. So maybe you had parasites, maybe you didn't, and maybe you still do. Absolutely nothing is really...
  16. P

"Earthing" for Protection from EMFs

Hi Wayne I'm glad you posted this. I'm interested and hoping more people try this out so we can see what (if anything) happens. It's one of those things that seem quite reasonable and that could be quite helpful, or there might be nothing to it. I found a couple of hopeful user reports on the...
  17. P

Neurofeedback

Baby with the bathwater? This thread started off with some positive reports followed by some reports of harm but of late their seems to be an overriding negative and fearful tone. While the bad experiences reported here are as valuable to this thread as the positive I do feel it's important not...
  18. P

NeuroField?

Hi Creekfeet Never heard of it and there is not enough info on the neurofield.org site to explain his product well. Given that, you can see that it's a frequency generator generating up to 4 different channels i.e. 4 different electromagnetic frequencies at once I would guess. There's no way to...
  19. P

Neurofeedback

Hey Rebecca Great to hear from someone who uses Open Focus! I've never met anyone else who does outside of a Les Fehmi workshop. It was very useful for me years ago in learning to fall asleep more easily. Despite severe afternoon fatigue I couldn't take naps prior to Open Focus. I think it's...
  20. P

Neurofeedback

Hi Mr. Kite I'm taken aback. I wasn't expecting another such negative report. You and Acer certainly make a strong and informative one, two punch against neurofeedback. Even though my experiences were strongly positive I would suggest that anyone considering neurofeedback pay close attention to...
  21. P

Neurofeedback

Hey Acer Thanks for the details about what happened to you. I had a similar experience with the Othmer's approach in the mid nineties. I got an increase in energy but felt kind of wired and had an increase in headaches. Sue Othmer said this is not right and we should stop. The symptoms faded...
  22. P

Neurofeedback

Hi Asus Sorry to hear that. I have at times gotten worse from supposedly great treatments. In fact a diet by a locally praised psychic nutritionist followed by a colon cleansing program are what totally destroyed my health. I would be curious as to what approach and what therapist you saw that...
  23. P

Neurofeedback

Hi Nielk and Sing I see this is an old post but I've only just started using this site, so here's my comment. I also used neurofeedback/eeg and biofeedback with good results. For me it was the first time in my life that I learned to relax on purpose (without using strenuous exertion like...