• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Severe Leaky Gut w/food-supplement sensitivities. Please help!

Do You have severe food & supplement allergies too? Or is yours mainly 'sugar'? My doctor is going to be checking me for Vitamin B antibodies. I seem to have a intense reaction to b vit. I forwarded your post on to my doc. I haven't heard anything back from her yet but I am eager to hear...
  2. C

It's so bizarre, isn't it? I have a friend who has food allergies & has to rotate her food all the time, but yet she can take all types of supplements, meds, etc... all day long, every day and it not bother her. I just don't understand that. Thanks for your post. Best of luck on your healing...
  3. C

I've been tested several times for candida/fungal & has all come back negative. I've done blood, stool, & urine tests for candida.
  4. C

I replied to your post but it posted below. Sorry. I'm new to this, still trying to figure it all out. Please read the response to your post below. Thank you again so much for your help!
  5. C

Wow! Thank you so much for the info, even though it is a bit ominous but at least it does give me a new direction and a better understanding what is going on. I forwarded your info to my doctor. Is there anyway to test for this besides the glucose test? When you said sugar makes it worse...
  6. C

The pressure i felt mostly on my left side. The best I can describe it as being a heaviness/pressure. With that, I felt like I was struggling to get oxygen. Just walking especially stairs, my heart would race and beat hard and I would gasp for air. Symptoms subside when I stopped taking it...
  7. C

At one time I had a severe case of systemic candida, but that was taken care of (it's probably been 10 yrs now). I have recently been tested for that several different times and it all comes back negative. Thank you so much for your input. It all helps!
  8. C

Hello. Just want to thank you ahead of time for taking the time to read this and offering any advice or suggestions you may have. I am open to anything. My doctor says I have, and tests confirmed, that I have severe leaky gut which is triggering intense food/supplement sensitivities. My...
  9. C

no lactobacilius instomach but can't take it...and other gut issues - any suggestions

Hello. I'm new to the forum but just reading over everyones post makes me comforted in knowing I'm not alone. I read your post thinking thats exactly what im going through. I too, have leaky gut & sensitivities to food and supplements. Every time I try to take a supplement for my leaky gut, it...