• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Can Methylation Supplements make you more Hypoglycemic??

Thanks Freddd. So if increased B12 burns fat and I don't have much fat then it could burn sugar for ATP?? Just wondering... From the list you mentioned it doesn't seem Potassium related since there are no muscle issues... maybe Folate deficiency. I have cracking and dry skin a bit but...
  2. C

Can Methylation Supplements make you more Hypoglycemic??

Hi Fredd and Everyone. I've just started on a multi-Vitamin that contains Methyl B12 and Quatrefolic and also P5P. It also contains vitamins and some important minerals. It def. gives me energy although it makes me agitated a bit when I take it but I can handle it. What worries me is that...
  3. C

New to Mold - What To Do??

Thanks Forebearance and Lisa (: The retreat sounds like a lot of work but I guess it can be a mini experiment to see if avoidance works for a larger number of people. Putting aside belongings will be tough. I guess we have to buy some new clothes and stuff to take to the camp. Keep me...
  4. C

Hi Forebearance! Yes I was on ProHealth.... still trying to get better after all these years.... ): I think my new doc wants to run the Shoemaker tests at least a few more of them and I def. want to see if mold is my main issue or just part of the problem. How are you doing now? Are you...
  5. C

Thanks everyone for the replies! I guess I have to consider giving up my stuff from my old place, but I love my stuff!! The thing is I'm not even sure mold is my problem for sure! I had lyme before and it could be that Lyme is still bugging me or as Dr. B. and others have said a high C4a can...
  6. C

Thanks Janis! I'm in the process of figuering out if my new place has mold!! I know my old apartment did but hope the new place doesn't. The problem is even if the new place has it, I just can't afford to move right now so what is one to do?? 3-4 years on CSM!! Darn that's a long time but...
  7. C

Anyone??? I would appreciate any feedback... thks
  8. C

HI Guys So I'm sorta new to the Mold thing. Tested really high on the C4a test, in the 24,000 range and about 2 months ago my new doc did the HLA-DR Test and I only had positives in the Mold/Toxin area. Not in Lyme and not multi-susceptible. She said that's a good thing and started me on...
  9. C

Saponins instead of Welchol/CSM?

HI There. I don't know about Saponins.. what are they? I did Yucca before and it was def. helpfull but nothing has been as good as CSM. It's def. hard to take but worth it, at least if you have a lot of neurotoxins. I also liked Beta Sisterol, which is a natural CSM sorta.