• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Angela Kennedy

Dr. Andrew Wakefield is suing Brian Deer and BMJ's Fiona Godlee for defamation..

I don't see any requests for clarity on that site ahead of me at the moment. Unless you can identify that, I think we have to acknowledge it was most likely my email to the Guardian that brought attention to the problem. Not that it matters so much, except your response to me was odd and hostile...
  2. Angela Kennedy

Dr. Andrew Wakefield is suing Brian Deer and BMJ's Fiona Godlee for defamation..

Of course, we haven't even began to cover the problems with the sentence " "has now been utterly disproved" in the opinion of "respectable medical opinion" (slaps palm to forehead). A judge and a QC -who obviously are NOT scientists, but in truth have no intellectual excuse to say such things-...
  3. Angela Kennedy

Firestormm, You do realise that amendment is almost certainly in light of my email to them (as above) yesterday, don't you? You know,when I highlighted the problem? The one you think I am being picky on?
  4. Angela Kennedy

my 'picky' email to the Guardian corrections/clarification editor ----- Original Message ----- From: ANGELA KENNEDY To: reader@guardian.co.uk Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 3:55 PM Subject: Correction/clarification to article on John Walker Smith today Dear Madam or Sir, I refer...
  5. Angela Kennedy

Are you kidding me Firestormm? You are calling me 'picky' because I've identified gobbledegook, and you are trying to defend a sentence that makes no sense whatsoever? In order to allow you to substitute your own word based on your own preconceptions? You are calling me 'picky' because I've...
  6. Angela Kennedy

Thanks Natasa for asking. I think the Guardian have either misquoted what was said (likely by accident but possibly due to journalist or sub-editor's preconceptions), or the judge and QC have got confused themselves in court. The judge may have said the wrong thing and the QC affirmed without...
  7. Angela Kennedy

Ok Firestorrm, here we go - What is MMR? It is a vaccine. According to the Guardian, the judge allegedly asked a QC whether the link between one vaccine and another vaccine has been utterly disproved, and the QC allegedly said that was exactly the position. Are we there yet? The Guardian...
  8. Angela Kennedy

That's not my point Natasa. My point is about accuracy, in this case in the reporting of conversations. Do you see what problem I've identified above?
  9. Angela Kennedy

Erm Are we to believe the Judge was saying the link between the MMR vaccine and the vaccine (what?) has now been utterly disproved? HUH? Any more accurate quotations around on what was actually said?
  10. Angela Kennedy

Judy Mikovits has been arrested

Please be careful here Cort. Your words are close to libelling Dr Mikovits. You are basically speculating that Dr Mikovits, a scientist, has committed a crime, an opinion of yours that you have NO way of substantiating.
  11. Angela Kennedy

Again. Mere speculation against this scientist. Dr Mikovits is thankfully innocent until proven guilty, and it is clear her arrest is merely that, an arrest, without any crime having been established as being committed. That this scientist is being held somewhere, possibly in an orange...
  12. Angela Kennedy

Speculation against an innocent woman - let us remember that this experienced scientist is actually innocent at this stage. She has not been charged with anything as yet, may well not be (I'll bet money she never is charged with anything). The other forum was me/cfs forums, by the way.
  13. Angela Kennedy

Is there some crazy conspiratory going on to make ME/CFSers look bad?

Moderator: Continuation of argument removed - off-topic.
  14. Angela Kennedy

Is there some crazy conspiratory going on to make ME/CFSers look bad?

Perhaps then, Leena, you perhaps might understand if I tell you that I was a key member of One Click in the past. But 'snowathlete' will be aware of that - my name is all over the history of One Click (as opposed to their recent campaigning). 'Interesting' that the same person attacking me...
  15. Angela Kennedy

Please Write and support the Deep Sequence Research Project of Dr. Ian Lipkin

Ecoclimber, Snowathlete, You have NO figures to support your assertions about what this community 'wants'. None at all - you are appealing to a false popularity. Stop it - it's a fallacious rhetorical device and it's has the effect of intimidating people into silence.
  16. Angela Kennedy

Please Write and support the Deep Sequence Research Project of Dr. Ian Lipkin

FWIW, I've reported Ecoclimber's comment. It's inflammatory, attacking named individuals and anyone who DARES think they have arguments of any merit, or who DARE to belong to another forum (the shock! the horror!)and it's misrepresentative of people's concerns. This sort of bullying is...
  17. Angela Kennedy

Demand a permanent halt to the multi lab Lipkin study

Ok, It's clear that the most fundamental difference between me and you is that you have an early retreat to committment. You believe what you believe, and evidence and logic will not sway you. By a metaphorical contemptuous wave of your hand, you believe you can dismiss the thorny problem of...
  18. Angela Kennedy

Problems with believing the 'like' facility is an adequate reflection of 'census' of opinion is: 1. The numbers are consistently too small to reflect anything much, except some singular 'tag-teaming' going on perhaps on this particular thread at most. 2. People 'liking' a post does not...
  19. Angela Kennedy

I certainly did. But that does not remove your responsibility to refrain from blatantly inappropriate posts in the first place!
  20. Angela Kennedy

I think this is an understandable and reasonable position to hold. However, when neutral 'science' is not actually prevailing but politics, bad science (by which I mean flawed and possibly not done in good faith, and there are enough reasons to think this is the case with the Lipkin study), and...
  21. Angela Kennedy

Ah - the old blaming patients for acting 'crazy'. I wondered when that was going to raise it's ugly head! You got to love the 'friendly fire' rained down on sufferers by ostensible community members. That's such an old canard. It's such an insult - but look! There is it again. Nice one Barb...
  22. Angela Kennedy

No. I wasn't. I was addressing a point you made that was flawed. That's all.
  23. Angela Kennedy

Sadly your 'case' fails on a number of points: 1. This forum is not representative of the community per se. Different forums often have different ratios on patient (and supporter) attitudes. You cannot substantiate your assertion based on this forum. 2. In any case, you have no figures to back...
  24. Angela Kennedy

Wonko - you are seriously mistaken about the nature and complexity of power and its manifestations. Your assertions here are just not borne out by real world events. In addition, you DID make (mistaken) assertions about children and pets! This was in order to critique this letter campaign...
  25. Angela Kennedy

Ok. Moderator: Redundant references to moderated content removed. Secondly, whatever your opinion of PACE (one I, and you may not know this, have publicly critiqued and complained about since its inception, and indeed am engaged in a complaint process as I write- so I am well aware of its...
  26. Angela Kennedy

Well then - you tell all politicians/unions/lobbyists/lawyers to desist from demands henceforth then? Of course not - many people make demands to highlight issues, show strength etc. in the real world. Even if the 'demand' is ignored, the assertion is enough to bring attention to an issue...
  27. Angela Kennedy

That's true. It's impossible to have a rational debate with an appeal to authority and unknown claims, sadly.
  28. Angela Kennedy

Thank you Jace. A very rational, sensible explanation.
  29. Angela Kennedy

Er - the PACE trial? Ester Crawley's Lightning Process for children trial?