• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. place

Struggling bad about getting Covid Vaccine

@Fighttolive, im in same boat. i have gotten a lot better over the past year eating paleo and working on my gut, i can actually do stuff after work now! So worried i will slide back. i think I already had covid, my whole family got sick the week before everything shut down, my kids teacher...
  2. place

Japanese forest bathing

I am fully rejuvenated when I am in the woods. There is nothing like it for me. When I was able to backpack, I would come back full of energy and a clear head for weeks!
  3. place

Correlation of allergies and CFS?

Started getting food sensitivities at age 17, at 21 moved into moldy apt, got allergy tested, had a ton show up including lots of molds. I slowly went down hill from there until I got diagnosed at age 30 ish. Treating my allergies help immensely with general energy and symptoms.
  4. place

Do you ever feel overwhelmed?

Sarah, I was just thinking this. Your diagnosis and situation very similar to mine. It’s to a point, that I get really angry if people careless add to my workload. I have started to look for ways to simply and delegate my energy to all my life's areas. I think as women we take on too much ...
  5. place

General back pain keeping me from better sleep

i don’t have back issues. My back is perfectly fine. However, if I sleep on my back it begins to hurt all over. It wakes me up and I have to shift my position. It’s like a dull ache, as if the lack over movement has made it rusty and painful. The more I move, the better it gets. Over the...
  6. place

Brain Misfiring

I worked with kids with autism and they get sensory overload. They often have to do counter soothing tasks to get them bAck to center. It was amazing to see the transformation back to center. Maybe limit your sensory to visual, with out auditory.
  7. place

Crashing caused by diet change

I can’t speak for keto people but I do well with low carbs for two days than crash. What other diet changes have worked or not worked ? Maybe food allergies?
  8. place

Feeling so much guilt as a mum :(

Just wanted to say, forgive yourself. I think hip is right, work on your chemistry and you will see things in a different light. Also there are many single parents out there because they are single or have a spouse who works all the time or travels for work. Or a spouse who refuses to help...
  9. place

Glutathione affecting hormones/menstrual cycle?

Did you do a pregnancy test? I say this as, I just had a natural miscarriage and I bleed for 12 weeks straight. My body could not take care of it normally. It took that long to get rid of the tissues and whatnot. Do you have heavy clots? Just a thought.
  10. place

What does the electrical impedance of blood signify? (Stanford Research, O3 / ATP / Na+ / K+ / Cl-)

I want to comment but this is new to me, did not know there was a current. I do wonder if earthing or “grounding” helps. Some people swear by it.
  11. place

How to reduce overstimulation ?

I know many may disagree but I rotate anti-virals and anti fungal ( mainly diflucan). It’s like my body can’t take care of basic maintenance, so I have to take stuff to knock it back. when I over work myself, I get cold sores, warts, thrush, etc. once I got on a rotation the anti’s, that all...
  12. place

#OMFScienceWednesdays-ME/CFS CFSRC & SGTC team member: Mohsen Nemat-Gorgani, PhD

I love my Lovenox! No brain fog, generally feel great. Less tired. Not a total cure all but I did not take it longer than 50 days.
  13. place

Poll: Do your symptoms improve when you fast for 1-2 days?

Fasting from breakfast to dinner can increase my spastic energy. Not my fav, energy because I can focus as well or sit. Still
  14. place

Basal Metabolic Gridlock: A pH Paradox

My point is, that even if you find the theory full of holes, or word soup. This is a place of sharing ideas because something in the post may eventually lead to a different solution. This should be a safe place to brainstorm, and poster said just that. And the common solutions we use today...
  15. place

My journey to heal from CFS - diary

Ok read through your posts. And finally got to your sinus issues. I have chronic infections and depending on where the infection is , I get different symptoms. In my max, so tired I can’t keep eyes open. Frontal, brain fog, pain. The very second I get the infection out, I’m back to...
  16. place

Basal Metabolic Gridlock: A pH Paradox

Thank you for your post. I hope you feel welcomed and not criticizing. I love this board because of the beautiful minds that come together to share findings and personal theories. I think back when I got diagnosed in 2005, there was nothing online as we have today. And it was this weird...
  17. place

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

I was getting online to look for this thread because my anxiety has been through the roof. Second guessing every decision I made. Today was the final straw when after I told a line ditcher to get to the back of the line, I had massive anxiety about it and then it replayed over and over in my...
  18. place

How to explain fatigue to Functional Medicine Doctor

This reminds me of my sinus issues. Also my food allergies. When sinus infection is in my maxillary I nearly fall asleep at the wheel. Then if I clean it out, my energy is back as soon as it’s out. Sometimes the infection is beamy eyes, and it just hurts. When it’s in my forehead, masive...
  19. place

What kind of job does everyone have?

Office work that is flexible in hours and works on a school calendar
  20. place

Does anyone get an uptick in energy with increased heartburn?

Thanks for answering Adam! If I still have energy by mid afternoon , I know I will have heart burn within two hours. At this point I could keep going until 8 pm. The next day I get PEM. I also have an issue where if I’m about to get sick with cold or flu, 2 days before and 3days after I...
  21. place

Does anyone get an uptick in energy with increased heartburn?

noticed a significant pattern with this. Does it have to do with inflammation? Any ideas why? Many thanks!
  22. place

IV Ozone - Have you tried it?

@Learner1 , I know this thread is old but wondering if you still find the hbot helpful and at what percentage of improvement? Also , what is your current treatment plan for hbot and would you do more if you could? Thanks!
  23. place

OMFScienceWednesdays-red blood cell deformability in ME/CFS

I take lovenox and love it, my brain fog clears and i feel better oveall on it.
  24. place

Virus found in patients with a bladder autoimmune disease called Interstitial Cystitis

I found that if i take a valtrex it gets rid of my IC pain. Been doing it for a couple years.
  25. place

Naltrexone-caused Insomnia

I was having insomnia from 2-4 every night and I reduced my Ldn dose from 4 to 1.5. Insomnia went away.
  26. place

Is it safe to have a baby?

I had my twins at 39. They bring so much joy to my life, I would do it again if I could. We just don’t buy into they hyper crazy parent mode. We plan our time and energy wisely. Is it more important to give the kid a bath every single night or teach them something ( I guess we lean toward...
  27. place

What is your favorite probiotic

Those pulse things make me laugh because 15 years ago I used a regular pulsing water pick. If only I could have patented it Thanks for the suggestions, I will try it.
  28. place

@Webdog What changes have you seen? My sinuses were doing great as long as I used baby shampoo, drop of bleach and salt saline. Changing to no gluten and dairy was also key. But lately the infection has moved up into my forehead, where my neilmed won’t reach. It’s been causing some major...
  29. place

Blueberry Vinegar for mental sharpness ..?

Blueberries have always helped with my inflammation and brain fog, which might be one in the same
  30. place

@happy how’s it going? Still doing well?