• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Bififlor forte and B12

a bit late but in case this might be helpful to someone... I am being treated by the same doc as you :) The b12 is not for deficiency, he uses it to scavenge (neutralise) NO (nitric oxide). the dosage & form he prescribes are required in order to achieve this effect... The b12 shots can be...
  2. D

B-Complex without Folic Acid

Hi Linda, here is a link to the biocare b-plex which I use and does not contain any form of folate nor b12.. http://www.vit-shop.co.uk/store/p/647/1/BioCare-B-Plex-(without-folic-acid-and-vitamin-B12)-60-capsules.html As Lotus pointed out a few posts ago, biocare has 2 versions of b...
  3. D

The De Meirleir Experience

Sushi: about 400m further down the street (away from himmunitas) and then you need to go right (a small street in the woods), this leads straight up to the resto :) Kind regards
  4. D

Dr. DeMeirleir speaking Jan 28/13

According to a recent q&a with K.De Meirleir the publication will be at the beginning of march in 'In Vivo'. Kind regards
  5. D

Experiences with Homeo KMAF?

Hi all, Forebearance was pretty right, the label says: daily dose 3x6 drops unless indicated otherwise (by your physician) And indeed, minimum 10 minutes separated from food. All the best
  6. D

Gut microbes: Frenemies and BFFs in inflammatory bowel disease

Hi Waverunner and all, I just watched the lecture and found it interesting indeed. I googled one of the researchers she mentions at the end (q&a section) and that led me to this (imo) interesting paper: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3298082/ Thanks for the link!
  7. D

B-Complex without Folic Acid

arx, I don't know your location, but for people in Europe, this might be a good option.. I use this one :) http://www.vit-shop.co.uk/store/p/647/1/BioCare-B-Plex-(without-folic-acid-and-vitamin-B12)-60-capsules.html
  8. D

In Memory of Rich Van Konynenburg.

Dear Diana, It's hard to find the right words in response to this news, I doubt they even exist... Nevertheless, I would like to offer you my condolences and deepest sympathy. I too, like many others on this forum are shocked by this news.. Rich was one of the most intelligent yet humble...
  9. D

methylation startup issues, maybe potassium, need advice

Hi Rich, Thanks for your (quick) reply! very much appreciated! First of all, some extra info i just thought of which might be useful, my last bloodtest (end januari 2012) showed: - normal b12: 414 ng/L (refs 191-663) - low 'folic acid' serum: 4.2 mcg/L (refs 4.6 - 18.7) regarding this low...
  10. D

oh yeah, for the sake of being complete i almost forgot: - prior to starting the methylation protocol, i used NAC (600mg / day) for about 3 months on dr's advice.. - i also experience some mental instabilities these last 3 days (feeling blue, a bit confused/worried asto what's going on and what...
  11. D

Hi there, This is my first post, but I have been reading this forum for several months now and didn't want to bother you guys with any questions, so after reading a lot in here, and discussing the protocol with my GP, I started the active methyl protocol last week (wednesday). This went ok...