• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Carrigon

If Anyone is Looking for Me

Please join http://planet.infowars.com/ We have alot of groups dedicated to health. And that's where I'll be.
  2. Carrigon

How do you describe "flu-like"

Aside from most doctors can be idiots, :D:rofl:, I always got the flu exactly how you described it. Spaced out, dizzy, feverish, achey all over. Plus drained dead of the flu fatigue. Weak. Why your doctors don't understand this is beyond me.
  3. Carrigon

How Long Pathogens Live on Surfaces

Ever wonder just how long viruses, bacteria, fungi can live on surfaces in your home or out in the world? Here's how long. Most gram-positive bacteria, such as Enterococcus spp. (including VRE), Staphylococcus aureus (including MRSA), or Streptococcus pyogenes, survive for months on dry...
  4. Carrigon

Mini RANT: Things People Say

Do we know if vaccinations were going on at the time? I wonder. My current doc is ignorant of most things in the world. She didn't even believe drugs have side effects when I first started seeing her. She still thinks aspartame is safe. And when I brought her some info on Hashimoto's, she...
  5. Carrigon

Painful Swollen Glands

I don't take antivirals. I am HHV6 and EBV positive. It can be anything really. And I still have it. I can touch it, though and not scream now. But the glands are still swollen.
  6. Carrigon

Sometimes, I just feel like I'm trying to educate idiots, one idiot at a time. And I'm so tired of it. All the same old arguments they throw at us. There are millions of us around the world with the same symptoms. When are people going to realize this is a pandemic?
  7. Carrigon

Has anyone tried Alferon LDO® (Low Dose Oral)?

Apparently, Alferon LDO® (Low Dose Oral) is the pill form of Ampligen that Hemispherx is working on. I'm extremely interested in it, but the FDA will no doubt never approve it. http://www.hemispherx.net/
  8. Carrigon

This one really bugs me. "Where's your medical degree?" "What medical school did you go to?" Let's see, I may not have a medical degree however, I have studied herbal medicine and holistic health for about thirty years. And I've studied the human immune system, virology and bacteriology...
  9. Carrigon

Painful Swollen Glands

Still hurts like hell. I don't know. This disease likes to attack different body parts, and then it moves on to another one. This is particularly bad, the whole thing is just swollen and hurts bad. All I can really do is wait it out.
  10. Carrigon

Comment by 'Carrigon' in 'Sad 20th Anniversary of ME :('

Mine is January 7th, and it's been twenty one years. I hate that week of January now. And it is incredibly sad and awful.
  11. Carrigon

Medical forum making fun of ME/CFS patients

I know Greg and Linda and they do know about this. I know how much Linda suffers and for anyone to dare make fun of that is just beyond disgusting. I don't know where the mentality comes from, it's like the modern day bullies. The ones who bully teens until they kill themselves, and they...
  12. Carrigon

Vasopressin - Bingo

When I take something to up my blood pressure, I feel a million times better for a short while. The problem is, it doesn't stay that way. And I can't always take something to do that. I find they either strip you of potassium or they strip your glands both adrenals and thyroid. But for the...
  13. Carrigon

ABC World News Mentions "Chronic Fatigue"

I HATE the words chronic fatigue and still to this day pretty much refuse to use them. When I was diagnosed it was chronic fatigue immune dysfunction syndrome. And even then, they never should have had the word fatigue in there. I have real chronic immune dysfunction. Fatigue is secondary to...
  14. Carrigon

Painful Swollen Glands

I wouldn't say hot, but very swollen, very painful. I wish it would just go away. I don't think I'm sleeping well, and I've been under alot of stress lately. I think it's all just making it worse.
  15. Carrigon

Painful Swollen Glands

Tonight's torture seems to be painful swollen glands in my neck. It's worse today than it was yesterday. And I mean painful, like touch it under my throat and I'll scream. I have no real clue what to do about it, but the more I do, the worse I get. So I'm just laying here miserable. My...
  16. Carrigon

Medical forum making fun of ME/CFS patients

They won't be laughing for long. Wait till they are force vaccinated for their jobs. Cause guess what, it's coming and already here. As they get sick and disabled from the vaccines, let's see who's still laughing. Give it a little time.
  17. Carrigon

Sunday Times of Malta: 'I feel I'm living in a cage that's closing in on me'

I honestly do not know exactly how much the lyme plays a part. What I do know, and I've been pretty silent on lately, is that vaccines and their ingredients are known to cause chronic immune dysfunction and POTS, not just autism. In my own case, it was definitely the vaccine they forced on me...
  18. Carrigon

filfla4 We no longer have a local support group where I live because everyone was too sick to attend. It's just so awful. I don't feel any of us are really conveying to the public or doctors just how disabling this disease really is. I know my own doctor doesn't have a clue how bad it is. I...
  19. Carrigon

The worst part is, after all these years, we're still going through the same fights and arguments. We still don't have a proper name change, we still don't have the validation, recognition or respect we deserve. And ignorant people are still posting comments saying we're all just nuts. I...
  20. Carrigon

'Purge on disabled a Nazi piece of work' says The Scottish Sun Newspaper

The big picture is the governments of the world have been creating a replica of 1930's Germany, and so many people can't even see it. They are fostering hatred against the disabled and gay people. If you look at today's news on how they just banned gay marriages in yet another state. They...
  21. Carrigon

Americans on Disability - milking the system

I really believe there are very, very few people who are frauding or taking advantage of the system. We get in way too little money for that. You can't have a life on this small income and still pay bills, rent, car, pet, not to mention needing clothing and food and all the things not even...
  22. Carrigon

Uncovered Medical Bills

My insurance paid it. I just got the news. I have a tiny fifteen dollar copay. I am so happy and so grateful. I was really worried about this. Won't be making the same mistake again. If I need to go anywhere it's the ER where I'm covered.
  23. Carrigon

Frustrated at Not Being Able to Volunteer or Do Anything

Some of us will NEVER accept what this disease has done to our lives. I'm not the type to roll over and die. I will never stop wishing for my health back. I will not stop being upset that I can't do things. Some of us are just different. I think it's great for those who can accept and find...
  24. Carrigon

Very sad news from Denmark:

It's Sophia Mirza all over again. If someone high up doesn't step in, they will kill her just like they did with Sophia. How many more people have to die before we finally get the recognition, legitimacy, and respect we deserve. The evil of the money grubbing psych lobby is so incredibly...
  25. Carrigon

Frustrated at Not Being Able to Volunteer or Do Anything

I went to this hotdog party they had here yesterday. I was so incredibly sick the night before and right up until the last minute, I didn't even think I'd be able to make it there. But somehow, I did it. And the most frustrating thing was that I couldn't volunteer to help setup the table or...
  26. Carrigon

Anyone else face "Notice of Continuing Disability Review"? Let's talk!

It is beyond sad to reply to this thread knowing he isn't here anymore. I have no doubt the stress of the review played a role. They force you to try to prove you are sick. And they know since you don't look sick, it's very hard to prove to someone how bad you feel. And they force you to list...
  27. Carrigon

Comment by 'Carrigon' in 'Have You Met My Friends?'

I couldn't live without the air conditioner. I'm on a top floor and it gets so hot in this building. Sounds like you have clueless docs. Most of them are. I had a clinic around here put down that I have high blood pressure, when I have a low blood pressure condition and no amount of telling...
  28. Carrigon

Have You Met My Friends?

Have you met my friends? Dizzy, Lightheaded, Fatigue, Screaming Pain? And the twins Light Sensitivity and Sound Sensitivity. They won't let me go out today, and it's a beautiful sunny day here with perfect weather. But they won't let me go out. If I stand up, Dizzy, Lightheaded, and...
  29. Carrigon

Handicapped Parking Signs and Awareness

I'm starting to realize I don't just have audio processing disorder (where people sometimes sound like they are speaking in a foreign language, slow sound processing), I have visual processing disorder as well. I only see some of what's in front of me. Like I see it, but my brain is not...
  30. Carrigon

New U.S. Administration "Community Living" - Press Release from U.S. Dept of HHS

If they want to increase my quality of life, they should increase my tiny disability check to today's economic standards instead of standards put into place a million years ago.