• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. UM MAN

What's high in polyphenols, especially apple polyphenols?

Do you react to all polyphenols? Blueberries?, Quercetin?, Grapeseed Extract?, Ginger?, etc. Have you considered a PST (phenol sulfotransferase) deficiency?
  2. UM MAN

Drinking coffee improves my sleep. Wait, what?

Have you tested your D3 levels? ( it takes a few weeks to get levels up, but it works for me) Does SAM-e help with your sleep? Have you tried choline or TMG? Are you talking about getting to sleep, how rested you feel after sleeping, or how long you sleep for? I love this Dr., I would go to...
  3. UM MAN

why not sublingual methylfolate

My point about hCG was those same experts claim that hCG cannot be absorbed sublingually also state that hCG cannot survive stomach acids and will not work if ingested. There is a huge (sorry, hyperbole, more that 2 people) person industry, that sublingual hCG for dietary purposes. I...
  4. UM MAN

why not sublingual methylfolate

Here is my 2 cents. (probably about what it is worth) Wiki puts B12 at a mass of 1355. Wiki puts hCG at a mass of 25719. EXPERTS say you cannot sublingual hCG. Well, I and millions of others disagree. If hCG can get thru, I don't see why B12 can't.
  5. UM MAN

Do I need to stop my supplements?

I hope that there are typo's on your post. 10,000IU of D3 daily?? What are your active and storage D3 blood levels? Selenium 12.5 mg + selenium 200 mcg/day really????
  6. UM MAN

No Response to T3 with MTHFR Mutations - Please Explain?

In the past, I have sublingual-ed 7x12.5mcg T3 (total 87.5mcg) each day, for over 6 months. I experienced problems getting to sleep and a very high heart rate when exercising (so high and for an extended period of time that I thought that I was having heart attacks). So, for me, I was well...
  7. UM MAN

No Response to T3 with MTHFR Mutations - Please Explain?

Taking that much T3 just about guarantees that your SHBG will be high and your FT and E2 will be very low. That is a well known consequence of T3 use. You are simulating Graves Disease with taking that much t3 medication. Is a real MD giving you 100mcg of T3 a day? What is the reason that...
  8. UM MAN

Histamine

There is hope out there. They are testing using slow release heparin to raise DAO levels. ie: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1537189104000230
  9. UM MAN

Sunflower Lecithin helps my sinus congestion...

Maybe you are not clearing histamines. Does vitamin C help? DAOSIN? Molybdenum? Manganese? Alpha Lipoic Acid helps with mucus. Where is you homocysteine? UnderMethylated?
  10. UM MAN

Sunflower Lecithin helps my sinus congestion...

Does a choline or tmg supplement do the same thing??????
  11. UM MAN

VDR Taq, Vitamin D deficient - confused

Taq AA is not a mutation, it is the normal Snp.
  12. UM MAN

Lecithin for sinus & eye irritation

Mast cells release histamine.....
  13. UM MAN

If benadryl doesn't help, does that mean my problem isn't a histamine problem? For me, Benadryl not helping means my DAO level is insufficient to deactivate normal everyday histamine releases in my body. I believe I have LOW DAO levels! On an IgE scale of 0 - 184 being normal, I score a...
  14. UM MAN

Help with nutreval Interpretation

my wife says I smell bad like an old alcoholic.. Hmmm. Well unless you are an old alcoholic, where is the alcohol coming from? Where all ethyl alcohol comes from, FUNGUS. Have you done a LEAKY GUT Test? Tried an anti-Candidiasis Diet (it is draconian)? Does any values look funny in a...
  15. UM MAN

Help with nutreval Interpretation

This sounds like fungus overgrowth.
  16. UM MAN

Have you considered exposure to MOLD???? Tax Exempt organizations, usually have AC that is only turned on for a few hours a day, and not maintained well. Look for dirty AC grates.
  17. UM MAN

Are you on T4??? How much? Did your allergic reactions start after being on t4????? Have you tried DAOSIN?
  18. UM MAN

Does cinnamon make you worse???? How much SAM-e did you take? I only need 200mg ED. Well, yes, if you are not clearing histamine, then any added mild IgE reaction would be multiplied. Have you tried Molybdenum and Manganese? TMG? HMNT uses SAM to clear histamines on a cellular level...
  19. UM MAN

Lecithin contains choline. Choline will upregulate the BHMT pathway, thus making Methionine available. Maybe you are low on SAM, and cannot use HNMT to clear histamine. Does chewable Vitamin C help???
  20. UM MAN

COMT, MAO, CBS, VDR, MTRR, where to start?

L-acetyl carnitine interferes with thyroid hormones.
  21. UM MAN

New B complex and itchy lower calves

I have that reaction to Povidone (polyvinylpyrrolidone, PVP).
  22. UM MAN

23andme results no MTHFR mutations (Help)

VDR Taq AA is not a mutation, it is normal. There are a lot of MAO-A homo-z people on here with depression and anxiety issues, but, so far there does not seem to be reified treatment.
  23. UM MAN

Sulfur and Methylation

Sorry that I took so long to reply to your question, but, I was waiting for Thyroid blood tests. In January my TSH was .22 (lower than I want it and lower than it has ever been) So, I reduced my T3 + T4 supplementation by 12%, and blood tested after 2 months. My TSH came back even lower at...
  24. UM MAN

About Vitamin C and magnesium...

I make my Liposomal Vitamin C, and two, 500mg doses a day works well for me. Before I discovered Liposomal, I sublingualed 250mg of CHEWABLE Vitamin C wafers, 4 times a day. I opine that the two techniques seemed to deliver equal amounts of C.
  25. UM MAN

Help figuring out methylation? - Need to take an antibiotic and can't tolerate any

Do you take Thyroid meds? I do not know if this really works, but, have you considered colloidal silver? VitaCost has a 500ppm, sublingual-able product.
  26. UM MAN

How does vitamin D absorption work?

The YOUTUBE video covers K2-M4 better than I can. USA industrialized food production, limits our access to K2-M4. Supplements worked.
  27. UM MAN

You do not get Vitamin K2-M4 from VEGETABLES.
  28. UM MAN

We reversed my wife's osteopenia by getting her D3 level to 60-80 (range 30-100) and 5000mcg of K2-M4 a day. It is that easy....