• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. paul80

Sticky Blood

Is ginkgo ok to take if you have low blood pressure?
  2. paul80

Sticky Blood

What's T2 ? Google's not helping.
  3. paul80

Sticky Blood

Yeah good point, Must be something else causing the circulation problems. I'm hoping the BC007 is the answer. If i don't have sticky blood then i don't think that treatment is recommended though.
  4. paul80

Sticky Blood

I told my GP about the sticky blood thing and they took my blood for a coagulation test. Results say i don't have sticky blood. I have severe M.E and have terrible circulation, coldness etc. so not sure whether to believe it. Can i trust this test? I was thinking about trying the high dose...
  5. paul80

Pain side and back

The latter. I tried a different bed last night and there was less pain, hopefully it goes away then. I'll try the pillow thing. Thanks guys.
  6. paul80

Pain side and back

Since having covid about 3 weeks ago, all my symptoms have been worse, and i've started not being able to sleep on my sides as it's causing pain in my hip area. Anyone know what this symptom is called? i'm wondering if my doctor can do anything about it. Sleeping on my back for several nights...
  7. paul80

Has anyone tried this nootropic supplement?

i had about 10 days of side effects from the vax then it went away. Then in the weeks after that my m.e symptoms got much worse. I've had it for about 6 weeks.
  8. paul80

Yea i gave up on supplements a while ago but a family member is trying to get me to try things, i don't have the energy to research things any more so thanks everyone. I still take vit d and stuff for digestion. Betaine HCL definitely helps but i'm not sure about digestive enzymes, i could be...
  9. paul80

https://uk.mindlabpro.com/?a_aid=5e406baf16235&a_bid=a2ad38c1 I'm having a bad reaction to covid vaccine and have been told nootropic helps with some m.e symptoms. Is this true?
  10. paul80

Is Apheresis an effective treatment for Long Covid and ME?

Dr Khan talks about thinners at about 34.20 in this video. He seems to think it's worth trying. I wonder if there are any side effects though.
  11. paul80

Is Apheresis an effective treatment for Long Covid and ME?

I've not read the whole thread, i can't read hardly anything any more without headaches. but shouldn't we all be on blood thinners? I am constantly gradually getting worse, and i'm wondering if thinners would stop me getting any worse. Also it can be dangerous to have thin blood but if you have...
  12. paul80

Is Slippery elm good for stomach and gut?

If the half life is that short i should be able to fit it in then. Just need to remember to take it.
  13. paul80

Is Slippery elm good for stomach and gut?

Also, does it stop drugs from absorbing?
  14. paul80

Ease Throat For Falling Asleep

I found out and yes the first part is the herb, it's called the Menstruum Ratio, so the 1:1 seems like the best value. pity their website doesn't seem to work.
  15. paul80

@Zebra I found 2 of the tincture in the u.k. The brand you mentioned is out of stock in the u.s amazon. https://www.nutriherbs.co.uk/product/slippery-elm-11-non-alcoholic-tincture/ https://www.amazon.co.uk/Slippery-Elm-Bark-Tincture-50ml/dp/B07ZCC78JS one has alcohol in it so i'll skip that...
  16. paul80

@Zebra sorry i missed this. I've been thinking about trying slippery elm for my stomach lining, i get terrible pain sometimes. But only problem is i read "Because slippery elm coats the digestive tract, it may slow absorption of certain nutrients or medications. You shouldn’t take any other...
  17. paul80

I'll give it a try, thanks.
  18. paul80

Thanks for the advice. Is thymus safe to take? Do you know why it has a numbing effect?
  19. paul80

My throat always feels a bit irritated. I swallow a lot. I got used to it but when trying to fall asleep it's a problem. I find throat sweets help, i use soothers ( these) but i'd prefer not to eat sweets every night, i was wondering if there was a better way to coat the throat for a short time...
  20. paul80

Vagus Nerve Implant

Not noticed anything significant so far but hard to tell as i've going through a lot of changes. Stopped epilepsy pills which has had big impact. But i'm going to keep using it, think it'll take longer tell. Also i use it once a day and i know someone who uses it 3 times a day and finds it very...
  21. paul80

Vagus Nerve Implant

I'll try and remember my memory is so bad at the moment, feel almost senile on the anti epilepsy pills. I'm going to start on the default settings for a few weeks, maybe a month and see how it goes. Feel free to tag me if i don't post back here.
  22. paul80

Vagus Nerve Implant

I went off the idea of getting the implant. Seems too risky to have an operation. I decided to buy a tVNS called Parasym. Just started it a few days ago but need to find the correct settings and when to use etc. Going to be hard to determine what works when i already have such fluctuating symptoms.
  23. paul80

Pain in upper stomach, lower esophagus after eating

That's what my GP suggested but I don't feel any pain in the morning before i eat though, so that stumped him. @WantedAlive I could try anti histamine pills to check it but i looked up the symptoms and it doesn't look like it. Worth a try though. I'm the same with meal volume, i have to eat a...
  24. paul80

Pain in upper stomach, lower esophagus after eating

i get lots of pain, lots of trapped wind. Not flatulence, just burping. Only happens sometimes. Eating first thing in the morning is when it happens most. I had to stop eating cereal with milk in the morning as it was happening every morning. switched to a piece of toast and egg or banana and...
  25. paul80

Vagus Nerve Implant

I spoke to my neuro, she doesn't have a clue about the VNI but she has referred me to an Epilepsy expert, so i'll speak to him in about 3 weeks.
  26. paul80

Vagus Nerve Implant

Thanks, i'll have a look, or a listen, i started using an addon for firefox that reads the text out it's great if you have trouble reading.
  27. paul80

Bhupesh Prusty: "we are on a perfect path for identifying potential transferable factors in ME/CFS blood that can cause mito dysfunction..." GoFundMe

"Bhupesh Im testing my C1q auto antibodies next week. I am so excited ha ha! " Why is she so excited, is there anything you can do about having these antibodies?
  28. paul80

Vagus Nerve Implant

I could only find an article on health rising in 2016. No completed studies though from that article. But it says: " Reduced heart rate variability findings suggest that reduced parasympthetic nervous system functioning is present in both ME/CFS and FM. Reduced HRV has been associated with...