• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Study strongly calls into question the validity of broad based definitions of ME

Thanks for this daisymay. I'm struggling to keep up with all the latest news, but this seems an excellent, well written, criticism of the usual oxford/cdc claptrap. Yet another nail in the Wessely school coffin. It desearves a wider distribution.
  2. H

European corroberation of US study.

Originally posted by Oliver. Discovered: a new virus could cause CFS/ME. MAGAZINE - SCIENCES AND HEALTH This European study claims to replicate the results of the American study and was due to be presented to the US conference today...
  3. H

The Scottish Good Practice Statement on ME-CFS is online now.

Nasim, I read your blog. Your comments re Wessely and Carson are spot on, although they are all taking the usual party line. These decisions are being made outwith parliament, by very senior high-ups - near the top of the pyramid. Once, at the parliament we were having a fire drill, and...
  4. H

Whether or not the guidelines are worse or better than NICE, is really missing the point IMO. THREE MAIN POINTS. 1) The guidelines are based largely on full blatent lies, ie. 'based on best available evidence' - NOT. No metion of XMRV or a retrovirus - shhhh, they got away with it...
  5. H

Here is the reply to the concerned parent, from the health minister. 31 August 2010 Dear Mrs xxxx SCOTTISH GOOD PRACTICE STATEMENT ON ME-CFS The Scottish Government Thank you for the letter of 20 July 2010 which you and xxxxx xxxxxx sent, on behalf of yourselves and, at that stage...
  6. H

Sod M.E. Patients - we're going ahead anyway. On 20th July 2010 a concerned parent, wrote to Ms Nicola Sturgeon, Cabinet Secretary for Health in Scotland, to highlight serious concerns of the Cross Party Group, regarding the final draft of the `GOOD PRACTICE STATEMENT FOR GP'S'. The...