• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Identifying Low Potassium Symptoms

Well, sort of, but not exactly. The major components of blood -- red cells, white cells, platelets and other stuff -- are meant to stay inside the circulatory system at all times, but the plasma they float around in is largely salty water, and those molecules can move in and out of the finer...
  2. M

Bains Dérivatifs--Cold Water Therapy

Asklipia: Have been keeping up with the BDs for about 12 days now (with a day or 2 left out because it is difficult to do them when I am at work running a 24-hour shift). You're right, the cool -- even cold -- water, for some reason, is not particularly shocking, but rather very pleasant. I...
  3. M

Bains Dérivatifs--Cold Water Therapy

Asklipia: the practice you've described (face dunks) is a powerful vagus nerve stimulator, sometimes referred to in connection with the Diving Mammal Reflex and used (carefully) to relax and even slow tachycardic heart rates. More dramatic than the Bains you described initially, which I recently...
  4. M

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Paul: It takes a LOT of potassium to be harmful --I think the RDA is something like 4000 mg, meaning it would take about 40 of your 99 mg-per-tablet potassium pills even to reach your recommended daily dose, much less exceed it. That said, potassium in VERY high concentrations can possibly...
  5. M

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Freddd: I'm considering, in desperation, a B12 protocol for my 90 yo mother, who has multiple symptoms on your list, including burning mouth, aural hallucinations, peripheral neuropathies and a developing myriad of psych symptoms that aren't just "old-age-crabby" -- she's deeply depressed and at...