• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Asklipia

Problems Converting Beta Carotene to Vitamin A

I would take a look at Grant Genereux's blog : https://ggenereux.blog
  2. Asklipia

Vitamin A, Retinoids and Mitochondrial Dysfunction

It is all here : https://ggenereux.blog I must say that it correlates to many things that had happened to me. 5 days of no vitamin A products and I feel very well.
  3. Asklipia

Vitamin A, Retinoids and Mitochondrial Dysfunction

I found this extremely interesting https://www.hindawi.com/journals/omcl/2015/140267/ I am at present trying to lower Vitamin A intake and it seems to go good!
  4. Asklipia

Valentonin anyone?

https://fonds-josefa.org/en/regulation-veille-sommeil/ A trial has just been interrupted by Big Pharma : https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscroll/french-drug-watchdog-stops-illegal-parkinsons-alzheimers-trial/1622859 One of the two authors who gave their work to the fund is Professor Henri...
  5. Asklipia

A report about anti-glycation supps Carnosine Beta-Alanine (=methylation?)

Maybe it is the Taurine creating the problem? I opened the Glycoxil capsules and made them into four and they all seem to work in the same way.:nerd:
  6. Asklipia

Yes in the last two weeks I and DH take a small amount once or twice a week to support an effort to clear cataracts. So far so good no problems. We take it with 1000 mg Taurine.
  7. Asklipia

Active B12 Protocol Basics

2 cms not 2 inches, but that was quite enough! We have stopped taking vit K in 2015 I think. But the last three years of lipophilic B1 has helped to keep growing! Not as fast but certainly doing something, in bones but also in muscular strength. Be well! :)
  8. Asklipia

Alternative Non-Surgical Possibilities for Addressing CCI/AAI or Other Serious Neck Issues

On Reddit there is a discussion about BPC-157 creating eye problems even orally, because it seems to increase angiogenesis.
  9. Asklipia

High dose vitamin B1 (thiamine)

Impossible to determine an equivalence between thiamine Hcl and lipophilic thiamines, because the whole point of using lipophilic thiamines is that they bypass the problems of thiamine destruction and thiamine malabsorption. Which are different from person to person and also depend on life...
  10. Asklipia

Blepharitis, Dry Eye, Corneal Abrasions................

I think Calcium. Calcium as the metal driving sympathetic mode (Pingala = action). If we are unable to switch into parasympathetic mode (Ida = repair) this not only because Magnesium is deficient, but because of the inability to pass through vagal mode (Sushumna = regeneration) driven by...
  11. Asklipia

Boron is depleting B2. Could be that if you are borderline deficient. :hug:
  12. Asklipia

Thiamine tetrahydrofurfuryl disulfide promotes voluntary activity through dopaminergic activation in the medial prefrontal cortex :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  13. Asklipia

Medium Breakthrough: New finding could lead to a treatment against EBV

Any relevance? SREBP-dependent lipidomic reprogramming as a broad-spectrum antiviral target
  14. Asklipia

Increasing GABA naturally

Seriously.
  15. Asklipia

This I wrote a few years ago : - Brahmi, the herb used, as its name suggests, in India for chess-players and intellectuals who want to stay on top, and to prevent Alzheimers. I take 350 mg a day of the dried leaf.This is Bacopa monnieri. In the first few days it gives all kinds of detox symptoms...
  16. Asklipia

Bacopa monnieri helped, and Ionic magnesium Also taurine helped.
  17. Asklipia

"Masking" of Deranged pH by the Core Metabolic Rate

And to you too!. I mean I look at Indra's Net with love and it activates good things all over the Universe where you are reflected in innumerable and simultaneous and timeless scintillating jewels! :star::bow::star::angel: Of course this applies to everyone "else" reading this! Including "myself".
  18. Asklipia

@starlily88 I don't think I got cured by Tobradex. It helped enormously not to feel pain and relieved inflammation. I don't think I would need it anymore. The Wet Ones helped too for the same reason, making sure I had no infection. The root of the problem is cured by curing Thiamine Deficiency...
  19. Asklipia

I had the same problem as @starlily88 for years. In the left eye. Eventually I moved house next to an ophthalmologist who noticed and prescribed Tobradex a drop morning and evening for 15 days, then 15 days imperatively NO Tobradex. This for 6 months. (I had been prescribed Tobradex before but...
  20. Asklipia

@kangaSue Very interesting this Belgian study. It says: Dibenzoylthiamine was most efficient, affording complete protection of cells at 10-20 µM. It also caused the highest increase in intracellular thiamine, suggesting that the protection from oxidative damage is linked to increased levels of...
  21. Asklipia

Is it a new disease or its CFS ?

Very interesting and I replied to it on the High dose B1 thread. Be well!
  22. Asklipia

I noticed an interesting post today by @kangaSue about Disseminated Histoplamosis. I looked at the link she provided and it rings a bell for me about symptoms, aetiology of the start of my problems. There is an article by Leo Pine about the effect of thiamine on Histoplasma, which indicates...
  23. Asklipia

Has vitamin K-2 (mk-4 or mk7) helped you ?

Thank you, I had not seen the videos, very helpful. He was a normal family doctor, quite experienced. He came for another problem and I asked him why my husband had this red spot on the back, so he looked at it, and he said, probably due to a deficiency, that stopped the development of the spine...
  24. Asklipia

My success story. Tons of biotin.

So do I. Thank you @BiotinJunkie.
  25. Asklipia

Has vitamin K-2 (mk-4 or mk7) helped you ?

Hi Linda! I hope you are well? I don't know the medical term. The doctor said he could see it on his spine behind the heart. He said it is very common. In the case of my husband, he was very tall (1m 89) and he did not grow in height (I did). He was the same height as his father too. Now I can...
  26. Asklipia

Allithiamine is a brand name. Allithiamine is fursultiamine, TTFD. allithiamine (no capital A) is a natural product that is not for sale, found in garlic. You can get fursultiamine without the smell when it is locked into a sugar pill, like Lipothiamine (TTFD with coating + ALA) or Alinamin Ex...
  27. Asklipia

Still on high thiamine and very happy with it.
  28. Asklipia

Nervana - Vagus nerve stimulation

Stimulation of the vagus nerve might induce loss of thiamine, which would be be a problem if one is borderline deficient and induce a crash. At one point I used an eye massager on my forehead, which was very soothing, and I noticed at the same time the thiamine low. Maybe the vagus nerve is...
  29. Asklipia

Lentils or beans once a week as a main course.