• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. treefrog

adverse reaction to tiny amts of folapro

That's interesting about the energy work... I have audio files of the Gateway Experience by the Monroe Institute. I did one the other day & it was really helpful to get into that state of relaxation. I did the full series but it was a while ago. I just tried one again & it was helpful. I sort of...
  2. treefrog

Methylation correction protocol in a lotion! Kinda sexy...

Novel idea, though... The video under the product was informative. This doctor seems to be going in an interesting direction with this. I'm not sure how they handle the detox reaction. I'll have to investigate further...
  3. treefrog

Histamine results

Thanks for posting this fla - Clinical and biological description of the electromagnetic field intolerance syndrome (EMFIS) http://www.buergerwelle.de:8080/helma/twoday/bwnews/stories/2784/ My significant other got us an apartment over a store & I've been more ill since I moved here. It...
  4. treefrog

Methylation correction protocol in a lotion! Kinda sexy...

I just heard an interview about this today... Neuro-Immune Stabilizer Cream http://www.neurobiologix.com/Neuro-Immune-Stabilizer-B12-B6-Vitamin-D-Cream-p/46.htm Topical Creams for Neurological, Nervous & Immune System Support As a solution, our unique topical delivery system...
  5. treefrog

When methylation is corrected... Does it release stored toxins? How do we "mop-up"?

I don't mean to knock anyone but the tests are not always accurate. I usually try something, like a protocol, gradually - to see if it actually changes anything. I've taken so many supplements - expensive ones - & many didn't feel different. I tried Vitalzym, lumborkinase, & growth hormone...
  6. treefrog

How do people here feel about the MTHFR testing from Spectracell - re: MTHFR.net?

Thanks Sushi. Sounds like a good idea. I will seek further practitioners. The one I called was recommended by Vitamin Diagnostics since he's local. The 23andme concept is interesting but I'm somewhat concerned about what they do with the DNA. There's all kinds of stuff about 3rd parties & R&D...
  7. treefrog

How do people here feel about the MTHFR testing from Spectracell - re: MTHFR.net?

Only $150.... http://mthfr.net/mthfr-testing-mthfr-test-kit/2012/01/25/ I was looking into getting the Vitamin Diagnostics methylation panel & it will cost me about $1000 to go to a doctor, get the test, have it interpreted, etc. The doctor charges about $400 an hour... $150 seems very...
  8. treefrog

Suggestions for a good multi-mineral supplement?

Thanks, SOC. It has alot of other nutrients than just minerals. I'm not sure if it will interact with the simplified protocol. I appreciate your suggestion & I'll look into it further. It's a good price.
  9. treefrog

When methylation is corrected... Does it release stored toxins? How do we "mop-up"?

Yeah, I know what you mean, triffid... Everyone wants to blame something. Since we don't really know - it could be alot of different things. Then, we waste alot of time on stuff that is way off the mark. I did this with alot of protocols in the past. If someone is diagnosed with Lyme Disease -...
  10. treefrog

Is an increase in pain something positive?

Yes, I have been reading about the potassium situation. Thank you. I will look into it. I have been trying to eat some potassium rich foods but I don't know if it's enough. I had a bottle of one of those pHion drink powders but I looked on the bottle & it's out of date. It's kind of hard to find...
  11. treefrog

Intestinal Parasites and B12

Thanks for the link, detemined. I didn't have time to look at it much but I will later. --- Yes, this is very interesting... This is what the concept of "Russian Dolls" is about. Or it could be peeling an onion. If you kill the parasites, you may get a yeast overgrowth due to more...
  12. treefrog

The company/product - AOR Ortho-Minerals - seems quite good. I was trying to place an order on a popular vitamin website & they didn't have it. I'm still looking... I see it's Canadian - I may have to get it separately. Thanks!
  13. treefrog

nanonug- I hear you about wanting to get to the bottom of this quickly! No one likes to suffer through all of this. I just found that the body has it's own rhythm sometimes. It may not go fast when you want it to... re: What is KPU -...
  14. treefrog

Thanks! & that's just one kind of parasite... How about all the others? I don't think I had a tapeworm but I did see some other things... I'm not exactly sure what they were. It's hard to tell since they can be in different life stages & not look like a typical worm. Could be flukes...
  15. treefrog

Extract SNPs from 23andme data to yasko/nutrigenomics notation

I just thougt I'd post this since there is some mention of DNA testing here on this section of the forum - GENEWATCH DTC GENETIC TESTING: CONSUMER PRIVACY CONCERNS By Jeremy Gruber http://www.councilforresponsiblegenetics.org/genewatch/GeneWatchPage.aspx?pageId=285&archive=yes -----...
  16. treefrog

RE: SMP - Simplified Methylation Protocol :mask: Yeah, I just got the rib pain at about the same time I started the SMP (about 4-5 weeks ago). I looked it up & saw some people call it costocondroitis. I had CFS many years ago & got well - but then I got fibro after about 8 years of being...
  17. treefrog

I think I have had an increase in pain since I started the SMP. I've been in pain so long - it's hard to tell if it's the SMP, stress, or some other cause. I kind of got the feeling it may be mobilization of toxins but I don't know for sure. Is this something to work through & to be endured...
  18. treefrog

Thanks, chilove & everyone. It's just so mind boggling to have to figure all of this out. One of the hardest things is to find doctors who know what they are doing & to see if they are trustworthy. Some of the tests & protocols are difficult & I can't do them on my own. I don't have the money...
  19. treefrog

New to the simplified protocol... pretty severe reaction - Can anyone help?

I did some checking around & it will cost about $1000 to get the test done & have the doctor evaluate it. They charge $400 an hour + the state makes everyone get a physical for $175. Then, they charge $75 for the blood draw... sheesh. A bit much, isn't it? Does this test cover the kind of...
  20. treefrog

Thank you! Does the studying ever end?
  21. treefrog

New to the simplified protocol... pretty severe reaction - Can anyone help?

Another question... I feel like this is working! I'm really happy about that even though I got kind of ill. Is it really necessary to kow the specifics of what I may need to address by testing? Does it help to know all the specifics or can I just continue with the SMP?
  22. treefrog

I'm new with all of this - SMP... It seems that people need to do some work on getting the minreals in order. Is there a good, all around multi-mineral supplement that's OK to take with the SMP? Are there any specific things to avoid?
  23. treefrog

Chelex sounds good. Someone on another thread recommended Nature's Sunshine Heavy Metal Detox - Ingredients Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal-5-phosphate) Proprietary Blend Cilantro Leaves (Coriandrum sativum) Sodium Alginate (from Brown Seaweed) Apple Pectin N-Acetyl-L-cysteine l-Methionine Magnesium...
  24. treefrog

Dr. Chris Shade on New Methods of Mercury Testing and Detox IAOMT 2009 Las Vegas

Thanks! There's alot of controvercy with all of this. Some people say that the chelation doesn't get all the mercury out... I'm really looking for alternatives that I can do on my own, without doctor supervision.
  25. treefrog

Yes, they are really toxic! You need binders... charcoal, psylium, chlorella, etc. Dr Schulze's #2 Intestinal Cleanse is good. It's not just tapeworms, either. Some other species reproduce in the small intestine. I think it's also a place for mercury accumulation. I heard clove powder is good...
  26. treefrog

PS - Thanks again, Rich! How about baking soda to alkalize the body? It may be OK on occassion...? I heard Dr. Simoncini say it doesn't help with cancer, though. Acidic environments kill parasites - so, I didn't want to go crazy with the acid/alkaline thing. In Northern NJ, they have a great...
  27. treefrog

Hi Hanna - I used to be an artist's assistant. I worked for this guy who did at least 1 or 2 huge paintings all in cadnium red... I also worked in silkscreen printing around solvents & inks. What a mess. Who knew at the time? I'm looking into some of the less evasive ways to detox though...
  28. treefrog

Dr. Chris Shade on New Methods of Mercury Testing and Detox IAOMT 2009 Las Vegas

Yeah, this product looks like the same thing Klinghardt is selling. Can you post the chelators that are proven? I'm not well versed in this area - I'm just learning... This company makes a silica product, too - http://www.orgonosilica.com/ It's about 1/3 the price but I'm not sure how it...
  29. treefrog

Pretty important stuff! About 40 minutes nto the talk he presents his company's "solutions" to the mercury issue. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTIbnGMIHmE&feature=related He does sell a product but it seems like it's worth looking into. I'm not sure how different it is from other silica...