• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Boost

Has anyone ever seen Dr. Bateman?

I thought you meant Patrick Bateman
  2. Boost

Looking for a good doctor in Brisbane

"His argument was that he could guarantee the quality and supply" That's a very weak argument. I'm not a fan of practitioners that pimp out their own supplement line. On top of other expenses the last thing we need is inflated prices for supplements. A truly sympathetic doctor would provide...
  3. Boost

Ok, so I was there and you weren't and I am the one reading too much into it? OK late night gamer = EMF... I learned something today... I know if was going to gather EMF exposure information from someone I would ask questions like how many hours they spend using certain electronics, proximity to...
  4. Boost

Doing things that make you look like you don't have CFS

So at our christmas gathering last night my brother in law bought me a boxing gloves/pads set. So all the guys were taking a turn hitting the pads and when it was my turn i went all out throwing some power shots, decent combo's, showing some good speed. Afterwards, i was thinking... these people...
  5. Boost

"Boost when your doctor asked you if you play video game late at night, you should have asked him why, because he may be trying to establish why your symptoms are such, and he may also be aware of the EMR and EMF factor." doubtful, it would make no sense not to elaborate on that point if...
  6. Boost

I know the regular consultation price with deed is $85. I just dont see the value in it, especially if his bulk bill testing is narrowed down. A lot of the tests I asked for are pretty standard. I haven't had free t3 and t4 done in 3 years, so it's not like I am abusing the system. Free...
  7. Boost

I just dont understand where deed got his reputation. He said nothing that impressed me and it may seem like I have really high expectations but i dont. I didnt expect to walk out of there cured but nothing he said or did was any different from any other doc that would be covered completely by...
  8. Boost

Looking for an open minded doctor that leans primarily toward natural therapies. One with thorough understanding of endocrinology. One that has had at least a handful of CFS patients. A great personality would be a bonus. Please do not recommend Deed, he's overrated and not good at all.
  9. Boost

B2 I love you!

I'm curious if brenda still loves B2?
  10. Boost

B2 I love you!

- Russian mafia snuffed her out because they wanted to monopolize the riboflavin black market.
  11. Boost

Red Cell Folate

all this talk of folate supplementation and nobody can comment on these levels?
  12. Boost

Red Cell Folate

I'm pretty sure it's 100% methyleneterahydrofolate. They have a separate test for red cell folic acid. Done by QML.
  13. Boost

Red Cell Folate

My results from a couple of years back shows 728 nmol/L (545-3370) I've found normal ranges vary greatly on different websites: 776 - 1784 nmol/L Red cell folate (reference range 360-1400 nmol/L) 158 - 1099 nmol/L Using my lab it would be within range, low on the first one above and...
  14. Boost

Air purifiers for removing VOC's - looking for suggestions

I have the Daikin MC707. I was told these became popular in Japan after the tsunami. I can't say it has made any difference to me health wise. Now, I pretty much just turn it on once in a while in turbo mode when I remember. It comes with 7 years worth of filters which is more than any other I...
  15. Boost

B12 lozenge sweetners and candida

Most methylfolate supplements come in capsule form, swallow it!
  16. Boost

B12 lozenge sweetners and candida

too small an amount to affect candida
  17. Boost

Metabolic Diet & Supplements - an Exploration

90%+ of the people here would have a mixture from both of these groups so it really doesnt provide anything useful. Myself SNS: anxiety, heart racing, adrenal fatigue, gastro issues, issues digesting fatty meat. PNS: apathy, lethary, spaciness, low libido, creative, love food. Look, chances...
  18. Boost

Comment by 'Boost' in 'My first detox bath'

I've been wanting to try those salt baths for a couple of years now, never got around to it.
  19. Boost

Metabolic Diet & Supplements - an Exploration

Quite frankly, this sounds made up.
  20. Boost

Benzos

It disgusts me that people are touting this as an aide for CFS when my CFS was caused by these very drugs. I lost 9 years of my life to them(1 year use, 8 years of withdrawal and after effects). I use to be very active on the benzo withdrawal forums and I can tell you dependency can form in a...
  21. Boost

Comment by 'Boost' in 'Recovery Project'

dont forget to clean that nasty fungus out of your ear....hydrogen peroxide 3%
  22. Boost

B2 I love you!

stretch marks are scars, I have a hard time believing they are gone...
  23. Boost

jarrow- did it change???

Looks like CEO Jarrow Rogovin likes to wear his agenda on his sleeve: http://cosmos.ucc.ie/cs1064/jabowen/IPSC/articles/article0033039.html
  24. Boost

jarrow- did it change???

Thank you for bringing up that point Victoria, I wasn't aware of it. I will no longer buy jarrows brand of anything.
  25. Boost

Xeno/estrogens link to CFS/Fibromyalgia - Success!!

After my first day taking DIM and Calcium D Gulcarate my fatigue has increased. Could this be detox?
  26. Boost

Xeno/estrogens link to CFS/Fibromyalgia - Success!!

Gestalt, would grape seed extract work as well as DIM?
  27. Boost

Post your pyrrole results

I just want to compare my levels with others. Mine was 26.4. And have you responded to b6 and zinc?