• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Supposed new possible treatment

Yeah, seems to me, too, like Rich's hard work. Hope he gets something out of it, if so.
  2. P

Supposed new possible treatment

I don't know, but it may be this, which I found this morn at prohealth: http://www.prohealth.com/fibromyalgia/library/showArticle.cfm?libid=16138&B1=EM051111F&utm_source=EM051111F&utm_medium=em&utm_campaign=FM&slvor=10636.1038489.0.1.0.26630&eid= ..wherein Dr Nathan writes: "I was fortunate...
  3. P

Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome following Lyme disease

This study was done on only 5 patients. Moreover, the study doesn't define "employed treatment", which was apparently only for the POTS, although it also mentions that 3 out of 5 had migraine, and 2 had anxiety/depression, plus the fatigue, and cognitive dysfunction. Headaches originating from...
  4. P

Comment by 'patjdeb' in 'Nightmare caused police to be called'

BPD can be a form of Complex PTSD, but not all Complex PTSDers have the particular pattern that has traditionally defined BPD. I have been told that I am Avoidant, for eg. But I despise the arrogance of psychology that dares label people with "personality disorders". "Disordered behavioral...
  5. P

Comment by 'patjdeb' in 'Nightmare caused police to be called'

Hope things go better, Taniaaust. I have complex PTSD and was lucky enough to have a decent doctor who ordered a sleep test done, for which Medicare paid. The test showed that I had very little deep sleep, far too much REM, and was having 30 sub-waking events per hour. So I am on trazodone...
  6. P

Article: Lot of Questions at Int. XMRV WorkShop Q&A...and one BIG Answer?

politics and saving face "Is this like a dog chasing its tail?" I remember how sluggish politics made any new proposal when I was teaching at a small highly politicized art college. Besides our laborious scientific tradition tucked inside unwieldy bureaucritized institutes, I am...
  7. P

Article: Dr. Peterson and ME/CFS Patients Meet with NIH Officials Prior to XMRV Works

Thank you so very very much! All of you, for your courage and, of all things, considering this disease, your clarity and persistence.
  8. P

Article: CAA Talks With the Experts on XMRV

Cort: spelling in Dr Komaroff section: "...the ‘most likely explanation’ of the disorder is a ‘chronic infection’ that ‘very plausibly’ either occurs in the brain or effects the brain". Should likely be "affects" not "effects". Thanks for the article! I'm finally letting myself get excited.
  9. P

Article: Four Viruses! Alter Paper Confirms Retroviral Findings in CFS

"Serenity now! Serenity now!" "What is that?" "The doctor gave me a relaxation cassette. When my blood pressure gets too high, the man on the tape tells me to say 'serenity now!'" "Are you supposed to yell it?" "The man on the tape wasn't specific." - Frank and George, in "The...
  10. P

There is a difference between having differences of opinion with someone and spilling personal rancor. You know that. I know that. So STOP IT. You are being destructive to everyone, including yourself.
  11. P

I have waded through all these pages, delighted to find careful and thoughtful responses to Cort's article and delighted to see Cort adjust his article accordingly. As to the rest, STOP IT! It makes me literally sick--shaky, headachy, nauseous. Why, in order to get the good info I want to...