• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Uric acid

Hi tunguska I know this is an older thread and post, but I was searching for some posts on sarcosine. I must be like you, I feel better on NMDA agonists. Magnesium makes me feel more like a slug and worsens my depression. I've been combining DAA and sarcosine, and getting a decent response...
  2. R

High-Dose Selenium Significantly Improves My Fatigue and Brain Fog

Interesting post. Do you know which chelate form of selenium Dr. Todd uses? Reading your post has me interested again in revisiting higher doses, since I had a good reaction when I tried 1000 mcg's. I just was too chicken to continue at the higher doses due to toxicity concerns, but your post...
  3. R

Copper deficiency....?

I always thought that you got some copper in coffee, even Morley from the previous video I posted says there is some copper in coffee. According to Nutritiondata, there is no copper in coffee. Nutritiondata is suppose to be pretty accurate correct...
  4. R

Copper deficiency....?

Part 2.....
  5. R

Copper deficiency....?

I know this is an older thread, but recently I came across this 2 part youtube presentation with Morley Robbins talking about Copper Dysregulation. His views might be old news to some of you, but I learned some things I didn't know. I don't know if other so-called experts agree with his views...
  6. R

Please help !! Desperate!!

Ohhhhhhhhhh to be young again!!! LOL
  7. R

Please help !! Desperate!!

@Thedanster Sensitivity to light could also be from low B2. I normally don't have this, but recently found out that I must have been going too high taking some B5, and got light sensitivity. Took a small amount of sublingual FMN and it cleared that up rather quickly.
  8. R

Help gum/tooth abcess need a natural remedy

I'm dealing with a loose back molar, and slight pain that comes and goes. I just started trying this natural remedy a couple days ago. I can't afford to lose it because I had the adjacent tooth extracted, and I do not want to go down the root canal route which my dentist will recommend. Also...
  9. R

Oral Probiotics to Clear Your Head!

This product looks like it's right up my alley too. Vitacost has it for the same price as iherb, for any of you who prefer to order thru them...... http://www.vitacost.com/sedona-labs-iflora-oral-care-60-probiotic-mints
  10. R

Glutathione: Is more better?

hi Oci I guess I should stay away from taking it later in the day and see how that goes. I didn't take it yesterday just to make sure I got some sleep last night which I did. Thanks for your response!
  11. R

Glutathione: Is more better?

For any of you that have tried liposomal glutathione, has anyone gotten insomnia from it? I was not expecting this at all, because prior to trying liposomal, I have used the reduced powder form transdermally, and have not had this reaction. No other adverse reactions to either. I get a sense...
  12. R

Has vitamin K-2 (mk-4 or mk7) helped you ?

I know my brain is mush on omega 3 :devil:
  13. R

Significant Improvement Story -- Focus on Thiamine Deficiency

Ok. It's no wonder you stopped it by getting those negative reactions. Did it take awhile for you to get some or all of those symptoms, or were they noticeable early on when you were taking it? "So far", I'm not experiencing any of those negative effects.
  14. R

hi Godwanaland Are you sure that B1 raises cortisol? I tried doing a quick pubmed search to find a relevant study <that even I could understand LOL> and the ones I found didn't have a shortened abstract version. Just doing a quick google search it seems like there is more said about it...
  15. R

No I started right off at 1500 mg's. When I tried high dose thiamine awhile back I ramped up quickly to 1500 mg's. Figured I'd just give 1500 a go to start, and no negatives by doing this. Very interesting that you had the same situation as me with your right nostril. IIRC, wasn't there info...
  16. R

hi Asklipia No, it's not that I can see that it's physically pinched more. I just notice from regular breathing that the airway is opened up a bit more. Not totally like I said....like when I do a Buteyko exercise where it opens it up as much as my left nostril, albeit for only a very short...
  17. R

Has anyone ever tried combining high dose thiamine along with a high'ish dose of Biotin? I ask because I may be having a better effect combining both of these together, than either one on it's own, which I had tried both before in the past. I'm coming at this from the angle of increased CO2...
  18. R

Need advice on taking DHEA

@adreno I've also noticed increased muscle strength from lifting weights. Could be placebo, but maybe not either. Ray Peat says you don't really need higher doses of DHEA. Whether he is right or not, I really don't know. I'll stick with the lower dose. Chances are, if I kept raising it...
  19. R

@Santino Are you saying this to me? If so, the low dose I'm taking now doesn't make me feel bad. If it did, I'd ditch taking it altogether. Maybe I can handle it now because it's mixed with Preg, idk. Any other time I've tried it in the past I couldn't even handle small doses of it. Made...
  20. R

I think DHEA is tricky. I've had a hate relationship with this hormone for quite sometime since I've tried it numerous times. I seem to be doing ok with it now as a liquid transdermal with it mixed in with some Preg. But I only do low dose with it, 5mg's per day. Contrary to how it might...
  21. R

Do small doses of caffeine help energy levels?

I tried giving up coffee a short time ago. Bad move. Even with coffee, I struggle with motivation/increased procrastination, and without the caffeine, take these symptoms X 10! I had zero motivation and didn't feel like doing a damn thing, plus my depression got worse. I've never been a total...
  22. R

Tried Stimulants, Seen notable improvement

Years ago when I tried Ritalin it dramatically helped my depression. Thought I was onto to something good. Problem was, I had to keep upping my dose to get the same effect, a rat hole I did not want to go down.
  23. R

Significant improvement on MitoQ

I need to add something else about the MitoQ. Something I just realized this morning. I find this somewhat odd, but I'm not complaining. Yesterday was my first day back in the gym lifting weights after about a 5 week layoff. I know my body well enough that when I have a layoff, I need to...
  24. R

Significant improvement on MitoQ

I started taking MitoQ for the first time 5 days ago, just 5mg's per day in the morning. Too early to tell and could be placebo, but I'm reacting favorably to it. The last 2 nights I've gotten solid sleep. I can't even remember the last time I got some solid sleep 2 nights in a row. I'll...
  25. R

Nitric Oxide, Peroxynitrite, and the Impairment of Mitochondrial Replication in CFS

hi JPV Anything positive or negative to report on Whitlock's AO+ Mist?
  26. R

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

Do you think the vivid dreams could also be a result of additional vitamin B-6 being produced from gut bacteria?
  27. R

Well, who knows, you could even be right about the vivid dream recall is a result of poor sleep, idk. I have noticed that I fall asleep faster. Typically I'd be tossing and turning for awhile before I eventually nod out. Also, and it's still too early to tell, but I have woken up feeling a...
  28. R

Thought I'd give an update on my Miyarisan experience since it's been awhile since I've posted about it on here. My stupid mindset of "more is better", got me in trouble with this one. I decided to keep going up in dose at a more rapid rate. Started taking 12 tabs and day, after being on 9...
  29. R

Taurine & Beta-Alanine

For anyone who has problems with taurine disrupting sleep, @Aerowallah may have a good explanation for this... "Cause and effect are a bitch. I didn't have the onslaught of detox symptoms or food sensitivities yet when my retest showed elevated glutamate. So I think the taurine led to insomnia...