• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

D-ribose - can it make you feel bad?

For all those who find that d-ribose makes their hypoglycemic symptoms worse: I have fairly grim reactive hypoglycemia, and use bio-identical progesterone creme to completely prevent the symptoms, by using it a couple of minutes before carbs. I am taking d-ribose now too, to pretty good effect...
  2. G

Hyponatremia as a cause? Salt deficiency, dehydration, too much peeing

I've a doctor's appointment first thing Monday, I'll let you know how I get on...
  3. G

Dehydration News No, really?!!! Any chance you have a link for it? Pen x
  4. G

CBS - Mmm, I do feel that I'm just managing things rather than solving them. I'm off to the docs asap with my symptoms. I'm in the UK, so hopefully I'll be dealing with this understanding of it: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Diabetes-insipidus/Pages/Introduction.aspx
  5. G

Hi All Gosh, some interesting responses! Cort - interesting that you have similar fluid issues - I wonder how many CFS/ME sufferers do? Curious that you pee more when you're cold! I assume you mean from outdoor temperatures, rather than an unhealthy basal temperature drop? My blood pressure...
  6. G

Has anyone looked at hyponatremia/salt-deficiency as an (intermediate) cause of their fatigue and confusion? After extensive research I eventually found that I could manage my fatigue symptoms to a large extent through drinking a great deal of water. I realised that I was permanently...
  7. G

Wessely suspension draft letter is here!!!!!!!!!!

Needs more structure... Heya Flex It's some fine work you're doing here! Well done for having the determination to see this through! Critique: I'm sure the content is all valid, but I think it needs more structure. At the moment it's a rather dense read with no clear path through. Can...