• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Lionheart

No Treatment For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

I am actively searching for a new psyche doctor to treat anxiety as my current one is too afraid to prescribe needed medication, however, I am now receiving treatment for sleep apnea. I do get some Lyrica for fibromyalgia pain, but it does not eliminate all of my pain. So in that respect I...
  2. Lionheart

I can't travel due to anxiety and financial restrictions but thank you anyways. Just in case something changes though my zip is 40356
  3. Lionheart

I am in central Kentucky if anyone knows of good doctors here. I will read and re-read the replies and want to say that I'm grateful for each of you!! :thumbsup:
  4. Lionheart

I do not receive any treatment, medications, or therapy for CFS and wonder if the standard treatment protocol is to do nothing ? I would think that there would be some type of treatment (other than alternative therapies) from my family physician, but so far nothing is being done to help me...
  5. Lionheart

Back Pain Coupled With Overall Weakness Upon Standing/Walking

An update: As it turns out I have a combination of things going on; muscle spasms (back and shoulders), bursitis and arthritis in my hip, and a herniated disc in my lower back. Not to mention CFS/ME, FMS, and COPD. All of which contribute to difficulty with standing and walking. I am on muscle...
  6. Lionheart

thought this was interesting and wasn't sure where to share it..... http://guardianlv.com/2013/06/fibromyalgia-mystery-finally-solved/
  7. Lionheart

I will Bob, thank you!!! It will be challenging to say the least, but I feel I am up for it. Thank you for being supportive of my efforts!!! Peace, Lionheart
  8. Lionheart

COPD is Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease which includes Chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
  9. Lionheart

Stopped smoking today. Managed to find peer support and coupled up with a quit buddy. I am a little anxious, but think I will do ok as I am determined to stop. I find that healing myself is a multifaceted project and that I must work from every angle to return myself to good health. So I think...
  10. Lionheart

Suspicious lump turned out to be a cyst and is non cancerous!!! I am stoked! I tested negative for prostate problems and urinary retention as well. Increased dose of Lyrica (200 mgs) is helping with the fibromyalgia pain and I feel better than I have in a long time. (minus the fatigue) My next...
  11. Lionheart

Thank you Bob, that means a lot to me.:thumbsup: It is frustrating trying to separate out the issues and symptoms when one struggles with multiple chronic illnesses (FMS, CFS/ME, COPD, PTSD, MDD). However, I did get a good report on my heart as no abnormalities were found.:) I will post as I...
  12. Lionheart

Hi and thank you all for the responses. It is both the pain and weakness that is forcing me to sit. My doctor suspects that I may have heart problems (weakness, breathlessness, etc) and I am scheduled for a echo-cardiogram this afternoon. There is also the possibility of testicular cancer and...
  13. Lionheart

I am experiencing low back pain and overall weakness upon standing/walking that is interfering with my ability to shop for groceries, bath and dress self, prepare meals etc. ..as I am in danger of collapsing on the floor and am forced to sit down after only a minute or two. I am 52 years old...
  14. Lionheart

Medical Marijuana and ME/CFS?

Am grateful to all for the replies. I struggle with PTSD, MDD, ME/CFS, COPD and Fibromyalgia...(not to mention GERD and IBS etc.). I believe that marijuana slows down my thinking and eases stress which is helpful for PTSD symptoms. It seems to ease pain which helps Fibromyalgia/myofascial...
  15. Lionheart

Thanks Sushi, :) I didn't see your invitation to chat as I had to log out for a bit, but I appreciate your reply!!! I will do a search and try to get more information about this, don't know why I didn't think to do that first.:confused: Peace, Lion
  16. Lionheart

I have a disabling condition for which medical marijuana has been approved in the state of New Mexico. Actually I know of sixteen different conditions for which this is recommended; painful peripheral neuropathy, intractable nausea/vomiting, severe anorexia/cachexia, hepatitis C infection...
  17. Lionheart

Sudden Weakness and Nausea

Yes, I am relieved to find that the ulcer isn't cancerous and at least now they can start treating me with medication, lifestyle changes, and whatever surgery may be necessary. :cheeky grin: I am not good at being ill, I am a big baby and want my mommy :Sign giggle: but seriously, thank you for...
  18. Lionheart

Today's tests revealed a precancerous ulcer in my esophagus (Barrett's esophagitis), inflammation of the stomach lining (gastritis), and the need to have surgery (neeson fundiplication) to repair the (LES) lower esophageal sphincter, which is wide open due to a birth defect. This is the definite...
  19. Lionheart

I have been prescribed a medication for ulcers and one for nausea and they are not helping my nausea at all. I am scheduled for an E.G.D. on Monday and hopefully the test will reveal the reason for my nausea. The periods of sudden weakness seem to be connected to my gastrointestinal symptoms...
  20. Lionheart

I am having mostly nausea now, but I will take the info to the doctors with me on Wednesday. Wish me luck. :cheshire:
  21. Lionheart

I will ask my doctor about POTS the next visit I have. Thank you for the info!!! :thumbs up:
  22. Lionheart

Thank you Nanonug for the info and link. I will definitely check it out! Although I am doing better, I am still suspicious that the current medication is not going to work on a long-term basis, but we'll see, I guess. The fecal incontinence was total, but I have been having reg BM's since...
  23. Lionheart

Thank you Alex. I am doing better since being placed on a medicine called dicyclomine and on an anti-anxiety medication. The fecal incontinence and diarrhea have stopped. The nausea has been reduced but is not completely gone. I've not had any periods of sudden weakness in a while, but I am...
  24. Lionheart

:Sign Thanks: I was tested for Heliocbacter pylori many years ago, but may request a retest. I don't have gastritis but did suffer from Barret's esophagitis due to GERD and I have fecal incontinence, which they are saying is IBS/Anxiety. But I have found that the doctors like to say everything...
  25. Lionheart

I threw up the laxative preparation they gave me to take before the colonoscopy. So I had to take MiraLax and it too made me vomit.:Retro frown: Anyways as it turns out, I had colon polyps. They were removed last week and the labs came back normal, so no signs of cancer. :thumbs up: So no more...
  26. Lionheart

As of yesterday, the diagnosis is severe IBS, with dehydration. I am being given a new medication to help with the diarrhea and am scheduled for a colonoscopy next week, I am told to drink more water and sports drinks. I also suffered a bout of bronchitis following my last post and I've...
  27. Lionheart

Thank you for sharing your experiences with me!!! I will check into POTS and see my doctor about it soon. I appreciate your support and encouragement!!!
  28. Lionheart

Thank you for the welcome and the information! I really don't know how to describe the feelings I have except to say that it seems like sudden weakness followed immediately by waves of nausea and an urge to lie down. Laying down always makes me feel better; (sometimes it is for a 20 minute rest...
  29. Lionheart

Thank you for taking the time to reply Nielk
  30. Lionheart

For the past couple of weeks, I have been having bouts of sudden weakness and nausea. :In bed: I don't know if these are CFS symptoms or not, but I have felt very ill and a bit scared. I plan to talk to my doctor soon but it will still be a couple of weeks before I can get in to see him, so...