• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Pea

Low potassium and folate deficiency/insufficincy symptoms decision tree - Beta

Freddd, here is info on the Cell Food - it has oxygen, enzymes, amino acids, minerals. He only had 2 drops a day, but it really seemed to really get things going. http://www.cellfoodusa.com/cellfood_ingredients.htm
  2. Pea

Vitamins/supplements/herbs for sleep. What works for you?

L-Theanine and magensium. L-theanine works better taken on an empty stomach though, so I take it before dinner and I'll even take it at work if I get stressed/nervousy. It doesn't cause dramatic drowsiness, just relaxation. For more effect I take this Revitalizing Sleep...
  3. Pea

Freddd, for the past several months had been supplementing 600-700 mg./day. We added something called Cell Food and that seemed to really start things up, and last weekend upped to 2,000-3,000 mg./day of potassium supplementation when he started feeling tired & weak etc. Sunday (the day I...
  4. Pea

Freddd, my friend was experiencing weakness & fatigue, muscle weakness/tightness/cramps. also some numbness which was a new symptom. You called it - it seemed to happen suddenly. I got him up to 4,000 mg. supplement of potassium & 1,000 magnesium this weekend, and he gradually started feeling...
  5. Pea

Problems with hormones/methyl folate/ heavy metals/general methylation

Rich, is EDTA calcium disodium OK? (the Holistic Health Bactisolve).
  6. Pea

Results from my methylation treatment - week by week

My friend's muscle soreness/stiff neck is helped by magnesium. Magnesium is needed for potassium. Also he occasionally does this Perque Potent Guard Ascorbate flush which alleviates brain fog. I thought it was the Vitamin C clearing ammonia, but now am wondering if it is the magnesium &...
  7. Pea

Electrolyte balance?

Thanks everybody! Yes, this is what I mean. It does sound from the many threads I've read on potassium that his has gotten low. I just didn't want to adjust it TOO much, and I wanted somebody to reassure me I'm doing the right thing! It doesn't look like I'm going to get anything tested...
  8. Pea

Electrolyte balance?

Hi, my friend who has been on methylation supplements since January with many many positive improvements, had worsening of some symptoms about a month ago - swallowing problems and slurring of speech. In the past swallowing has been cleared up with enough magnesium. I increased his magnesium...
  9. Pea

Folate: which one + what dose + what ratio with B12 + which B12 ?

Thanks, Freddd. The slurry speech isn't new - this is the main symptom that won't improve, even though many many other things have improved. Remember I asked awhile back why after a few times he had a beer, his speech sounded totally normal for a few words. One person thought maybe it was the...
  10. Pea

Folate: which one + what dose + what ratio with B12 + which B12 ?

But why do some recommend not going over 800 mcg.? Like Yasko and in Rich's protocol? Rich or anybody? My friend is on 15 mg. AdB12 and 5 mg. of MB12. Added 1 mg. Hydroxy B12 this week. 800 mcg. methylfolate in a.m., plus another 166 mcg. a.m. and 166 mcg. p.m. in Thorne multi. This has pretty...
  11. Pea

HYPERSENSITIVITY IDENTIFIED

Fredd, my friend who doesn't react to large doses of much of anything, had a strong reaction to the carnitines. He actually gets really tired. One time he was taking this Holistic Health spray & the mechanism broke so he 'dribbled' it in, but there was not much left in the bottle so I think he...
  12. Pea

I have Thiamine Deficiency

Maybe this is why they have Biotin in a rather low dose in many supplements?
  13. Pea

New biomarker test for ME/CFS: NADPH measurement at Riordan Clinic

Has anyone tried the NAD yet?
  14. Pea

Are Folate supplements necessary to take with B12 if Red Cell Folate levels are high?

What about the Inosotol question - is it important?
  15. Pea

B Complex

I had this thread bookmarked. How about this Quatrefolic? Also why do some multi's and b-complexes contain Inosotol, and others don't?
  16. Pea

5-HTP only works temporarily

Hixxy, I recently read that taking some green tea around the time you take the 5-HTP (or Mucuna) helps get it into the brain instead of going to the gut right away. I have been taking 5-HTP successfully for almost 2 years, and coincidentally also take a green/white/black tea pill in the...
  17. Pea

Problems with Acetyl L-Carnitine?

My friend, who is not sensitive to much of anything, apparently is sensitive to the carnitines also. He has been taking it in this Yasko spray, and the spray mechanism broke, so he dribbled it in his coffee yesterday and I think he had way too much, and he was very lethargic, muscle aches...
  18. Pea

Spring is Coming - Anyone want to share Weight loss protcols?

Triff, here is what I posted in another thread: And I don't care what people say - everybody's body is different and I don't believe it's always just the calories. Need to find what works for her. After my thyroid died and I gained 15 lbs. in 3 weeks! I tried Weight Watchers twice, stuck to it...
  19. Pea

Need help with genetic test results

I would read the Heartfixer info. He explains it in easy-to-understand terms including what supplements you probably need, and which to avoid that may cause issue with your other defects: Scroll up from this page to see everything: http://www.heartfixer.com/AMRI-Nutrigenomics.htm#COMT...
  20. Pea

Histamine results

Just recently learned that histamine is a neurotransmitter and there are 4 different histamine receptors. So if you have high histamine all 4 are high? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histamine So is high histamine bad? What is its effect on serotonin & dopamine? In simplistic terms what...
  21. Pea

Methylation: hypothyroid to hyperthyroid?

I know what you're saying!! I already made an appointment though. Just wanted to make sure it isn't something else, my heart, stroke, etc. But I hear of people that can't seem to get the optimal amount of thyroid med that they need so that does worry me. I know, you call for the results and...
  22. Pea

B6 / P5P

The below post by Rich in another thread explains shying away from the B6. I do think my friend has ammonia issues because he used to get so confused, moreso in the evenings. That had gone away, but last night it was back; he was on 3 multivitamins a day at one point before the new protocol...
  23. Pea

Thanks, Rich! I thought once thyroid died, that was it; good to know that's not the case. Have to be careful 'working with' physician though - he looked oddly at me when I even mentioned vitamins the last visit but I will get the levels re-checked.
  24. Pea

Can better methylation cause somebody to go from hypothyroid to hypERthyroid? I am wondering if that has happened to me. In helping my friend - I started taking extra B12/folate, added a couple antioxidants, reduced my calcium, took some GABA. I've been getting very nervousy, anxious, my...
  25. Pea

Rs6323 - MAO-A - What this gene does if its bust

Snow, is your serotonin or dopamine low, or high, or is that your question? I know about low serotonin.
  26. Pea

B2 I love you!

I am interested in this relationship also, or does this only apply to Brenda's particular situation?
  27. Pea

Issues with too much DHA supplemention?

In another thread, somebody alluded that there was a reason for not supplementing too much with DHA - anybody know why? Most generic fish oil supps have a lot more than the only-DHA pills. ?
  28. Pea

More ammonia in Urine since started methylation

Ah, this answers my B6 question. Can you get rid of ammonia another way other than getting methylation to work better? Can methylation work better without enough B6? Snow, seems like a good sign!
  29. Pea

B6 / P5P

But I WANT high dopamine - for my friend. His is low. He did much better on Fredddish protocol with 3 multis a day, so I'm trying to figure out which things that were reduced are to blame for this downslide. Then I'm reading about dopamine & serotonin, and it says they need B6, so you are...
  30. Pea

B6 / P5P

So what is the deal with limiting somebody's B6 intake? Is it the FORM of B6, or is it that in those people with certain methylation defects they will develop too much ammonia? I read how it is needed to get dopamine and serotonin.