• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Complete anhedonia (loss of feelings) as a ME symptom. Anyone else who has it?

Well, I'm almost in the same situation as you and I thought I was depressive. My emotions are flat, as you I'm not happy, I'm not sad...in a way I don't care. I was a very emotional guy before, but all has gone...is it due to CFS? Who knows...?
  2. J

Feeling Cold...

Hi Francelle, well as far as I remember well, my memory isn't as good as before, for the muscle spasm I do use a very low dose of Klonopin (Revotril 6 drops every night). This medication I started a year ago. Since June this year the doctor did add Armour Thyroid (1/4 grain) and 10mg of...
  3. J

Warning Signs: When to STOP

Well, one of my first signs is getting this terrible cold on my back and muscle pain. When my head comes in, it is usual to late and I missed the signs...resulting in a relapse. However due to the medicines I take and strict diet I follow they will not take week to recover: 48 hours and I can...
  4. J

Change in smell & taste

Thank you all for the information...in a way nothing to worry about. Just one of those nasty things when you got CFS/ME:cheeky grin:. By the way, I'm not taking one of all the drugs mentioned above. The serotonin, could be a good explanation, as my generalist is linking other symptoms I have to...
  5. J

cfs/ thryoid/ armour question

Hi, I'm also on both. I started with a 1/4 grain and 10mg of hydrocortisone. I can tell you that my body was experiencing a shock the first 10 days, with terrible headaches and nausea. I expected a reaction,but not so bad. Even my generalist was surprised. However all went well after a while and...
  6. J

Change in smell & taste

Hi everyone, I've been diagnosed since 2008 with CFS/ME. But since a couple of months I've got more and more issues with smelling and tasting. The bad smell is especially with synthetic odors, like the ones in shaving foam, deodorants, perfumes, other things I don't smell ad all, like bleach...
  7. J

Feeling Cold...

HPA Axis Hi Francelle, I experienced the same until I started to work with my doctor on my HPA axis. The first thing was measuring my body temp. in bed in the morning before I got up (10 min.). I had to this for several weeks. I also had to take my temp. when I was feeling cold over day. My...