• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

High heart rate (11 weeks post covid)

I used to have high heart rate all the time with my CFS. But I (quite accidentally) found that taking calcium usually brings it down fairly quickly (15-30 min). I know everyone is different but it works for me.
  2. A

ME patient gets better on paxlovid [Reddit] [2023]

Paxlovid also seemed to help my ME/CFS. It relieved my Covid symptoms in a few hours after the first dose. I gained energy and reduced my ME fatigue with every dose. And it lasted for several weeks after I finished the paxlovid.. so interesting!! But the taste was atrocious!!
  3. A

POTS

Does anyone here have POTS? My heart rate jumps up just walking around the house, showering, etc. Palpitations come along with that. Cardiologist checked it out (halter monitor), said I have SVT. I’m allergic to beta blockers. I could take calcium channel blockers, but I’m a little leery of...
  4. A

Poll for Vitamin D supplement tolerance and calcitriol levels

How do you get the 1,25 D test? I can't find a doctor that will order it for me
  5. A

Calcium for tachycardia

I'm not worried about excess calcium. My supplement is really the only calcium I get and its only 500mg, way under the RDA
  6. A

Calcium for tachycardia

I know high pulse rate can be a problem for many people on this forum. The worse I feel, the higher the pulse (cause or effect, who knows?). My 'bed' days can have resting pulse 100, any movement out of bed will easily send it to 130 or higher. Quite by accident, I found that taking 500mg of...
  7. A

Treating my POTS naturally and with Pharmaceuticals

My BP likes to do this also. I figured out if I take calcium, my BP will always come down. There are so many conflicting reports about calcium, I just never took it. And get very little in my diet. Guess my body just needs it. I will be taking it from now on, works great!
  8. A

Quercetin's Effect on Mitochondial Production & Fatigue

Anyone taking quercetin or calcium?
  9. A

Quercetin's Effect on Mitochondial Production & Fatigue

Ok, just have to run this one by you smart people. I was taking some adrenal support and added LDN. Resulted in all-over body itch and constant high pulse...as in, 150 after a shower and resting rate never lower than high 90s. Had to do something about the itch, researched and came up with...
  10. A

Who feels BETTER for eating.

I also need to eat frequently, every 2-3 hours. Absolutely have to have protein with every meal. Well, not just any protein, I have to have meat!! Nuts, dairy, protein bars won't do it. I have noticed that since I started eating all this meat, my adrenals settled down and most of the foods I...
  11. A

I sleep less than 10 hours/week

So sorry you are going through this!! To me, there is nothing worse than lack of sleep. I tried everything, natural and pharmaceutical and nothing seemed to work. I finally hit on a combo that works wonderfully for me, amitriptyline and lunesta. Started with 25mg amitriptyline and 2mg...
  12. A

Detox profile

Fredd, Where can I find the list of symptoms?
  13. A

Detox profile

Got my detox profile from Genetic Genie. They don't include any explanations with it,so was wondering if anyone here knows what it all means. Would appreciate any help. CYP1A1*2C A4889G +/- CYP1B1 L432V +/- CYP1B1 N453S +/- CYP2D6 S486T +/-...
  14. A

Need help with 23andme test results

Anyone?? Where do I start??
  15. A

Just got my results and its a little confusing to decipher. Don't have a doctor in the area to help me, so thought I would consult with the REAL experts.....you guys!!!!!
  16. A

Just got my test results back. little confusing for me to decipher. There are no doctors in my area to work with me on this, so thought I would consult the REAL experts. Gene & Variation rsID Alleles Result COMT V158M rs4680 GG -/- COMT H62H rs4633 CC -/- COMT P199P rs769224 GG...
  17. A

Do you need to eat before bed?

I have to eat all the time too. Every 2-3 hours during the day. Even if I eat a big meal, I will be hungry very soon. And I can't just eat a snack, it has to be substantial. And I need protein every meal. Protein always makes me feel so much better and has definitely helped my adrenals. If for...
  18. A

B vitamins

Life Extension. Also tingling hands
  19. A

B vitamins

I started taking a B Complex about a week ago. Now I have an all-over body itch, no rash. I know I could take each B separately to figure out which one is bothering me. But you guys are so smart I thought I would just see if anyone here has had this reaction to a certain B vitamin. Thanks Sheryl
  20. A

Trip to ER, 24/7 headaches,dry mouth and general wretchedness..

You can ask your doctor, but usually they have no idea of the side effects of these drugs and will just say "it can't be the Ambien". We have to do all the experimenting ourselves. I am now taking phosphatidylserine and some zinc (brings down high cortisol so you can sleep) along with very low...
  21. A

seem to crash each day around midday and i dont know why? plus symptoms etc for no reasons?

It could be your cortisol. It usually drops midday, but yours could be dropping too far. You should have your cortisol levels checked with the 4xday saliva test. Digestive enzymes completely turned around my sons acid and gastro problems. There is also a product called gastromycin that works well.
  22. A

Trip to ER, 24/7 headaches,dry mouth and general wretchedness..

These sleep medications are bad news, and yet, we all need them!! Ambien was the bad one for me. Daytime fatigue and flu-like symptoms just kept getting worse and worse, chest tighter and tighter, could hardly get a breath. Thought it was just this disease getting worse. As I was laying in bed...
  23. A

Rozarem. Is anyone taking it?

I could never get the melatonin supplements to work for me. I tried different brands, different forms (capsules, tablets, sublingual), and every dosage possible. Then I tried Montmorency cherry juice (full of melatonin) and that seems to be totally different. Plus no side effects! You can find...
  24. A

Klonopin and chronic fatigue syndrome

I was given Klonopin for sleep issues and instead it has caused complete insomnia!! I think it messes with all our hormones--- melatonin, cortisol, and my progesterone tanked! I know it helps some people, but BAD for me!!
  25. A

Vitamin D Receptor Dysfunction

Ema, I think you have it right. My CFS started 7 years ago with mono. I have not had one cold since that time UNTIL I started taking the D3 (5000 IU). Then came the insomnia and a bad cold!! So it definitely stirred something up in my body. For now I will not take any, but wondering if a much...
  26. A

Vitamin D Receptor Dysfunction

Interesting article. Since we are talking about Vitamin D, I wanted to share something interesting. When I take Vitamin D , I get terrible insomnia. I know it's the D because I quit taking everything, then slowly started adding supplements back in. Sure enough--take D, insomnia. Stop D, sleep...
  27. A

Comment by 'alwayshopeful' in 'Chronic Illness friendly Cooking Show'

I love you!! "Normal" people don't understand how just standing or stirring or lifting pots can be exhaustive. But you know exactly what we live with. How some days we have to cook the simplest things as fast as we can so we can lie back down. I felt so connected to you--thank you. Sheryl
  28. A

Symptoms, Non-Cog

This sounds just like me. I have never had the cognitive issues that everyone else talks about (knock on wood). Severe flu feeling all the time. But they can't find anything on any of my tests, so........
  29. A

Sleep difficulty - Simplified Methylation Protocol

I think this is one time when you should follow the medical mantra of "first do no harm". Think your body is trying to tell you something. I agree with the previous replies and would stop the protocol for awhile and let your body regulate itself. Just my two cents