• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Has anyone had a Covid vaccine yet?

I have also had my first dose - Pfizer. It went fine. Was very tired for several hours and some nausea. However I had taken an antihistamine before receiving the vaccine and think the adverse reaction was due to the antihistamine and not the vaccine. I live in a senior community and was...
  2. A

MAF 878 Available - Anyone already using it?

Thanks for asking about this, Ember. I'm eagerly awaiting any comments regarding the dehydrated starter. I missed Dr. Enlander's original post.
  3. A

ImmunoG PRP - Has anyone seen this?

minkeygirl, I just check the colostrum(liquid) that I ordered from Kirkman. It has 2.5 g in 1/2 tsp which is to be taken 1-2 times per day (I wish I would remember to take it every day). This product at 8 capsules/day provides 4000 mg. So seems good for colostrum part. I'm anxious to hear if...
  4. A

Which Thorne B-complex is best?

Could you explain a little about co-factors please?
  5. A

Right now I am taking Douglas Labs B-complex. It also contains 20 mg Intrinsic Factor (porcine), which it says is important for optimal vitamin B12 absorption. Any thoughts on importance ofthe Intrinsic Factor? http://www.douglaslabs.com/pdf/pds/200765.pdf alice
  6. A

Most of the Vitamin B Complex now have methyl or hydroxy cobalamin B12 and they have the folate rather than the folic acid. My question is that if the capsule has 400 mcg methycobal or hydroxcob and the 400 mcg of folate do you still take the B12 lozenges sublingually, and also take additional...
  7. A

methylcobalamin vs hydroxocobalamin

Lotus97, What is the preferred way of taking the potassium powder - mixed with food? What is a reasonable dose? Thanks. alice
  8. A

Protein Shakes - warning, experience

maryb - have you found any grains you can tolerate? Any kind of breakfast cereal (gluten free) that you can eat? I am suspecting that maybe I can't tolerate oats either I'm gluten free otherwise. Thanks.
  9. A

gcmaf homeopathic

Symptomatic, I was on GcMaf from The Netherlands from middle August until end of Oct. 2012, so about 12 weeks. I started at 0.02 ml (10 ng) and ended in Oct with 0.15ml. My main problems were headache and extreme fatigue. The reason I stopped gcMaf at this point was because of food poisoning...
  10. A

Is it safe to empty out contents of a multi-antioxidant capsule and sprinkle it onto food?

Golden, I can't answer your question of safety on sprinkling the capsule on food, but am interested in brand name of this supplement as it seems to have a good selection of anti-oxidants. Thanks. alice
  11. A

gcmaf homeopathic

Thanks Symptomatic. Please drop a note after your April appointment. When I come up with more information, I'll do the same. I have had my nagalase retested and it came down just a bit, and so I have a ways to go before it is down to .95 (or whatever the normal number should be). Seems like...
  12. A

gcmaf homeopathic

Could some of you who are taking or were taking KMaf please update. Thanks My doctor had me start on a sample bottle containing only 30 ml. The directions were to take 5 to 15 drops 3x day. I started with 5 drops 1 X day and quickly went up to 10 drops 2 X day and then stayed there. I...
  13. A

Magnesium/Calcium Recommendations?

I just happened to see this article in Medscape right after reading SOC's post regarding Ca and Mg and thought I'd post it. The folks in this study were taking really high doses of Ca (1400 mg/day). Anyway I don't know the appropriate dosage. I used to take more, but have read several articles...
  14. A

Experiences with Homeo KMAF?

My doctor send me a bottle of KMaf and the directions say 5 - 10 drops three times a day! After re-reading some of these posts, this sounds like a huge amount. I think I will start with 1 drop a day and if I have the same reaction as some of you are, I may wait a week before I try one more...
  15. A

Has anyone "pushed through" "exitoxicity" type sypmtoms?

Asklipia, so supplementing with Modified Citrus Pectin may not be a good idea if excitotoxicity is a problem?
  16. A

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Daffodil, hope you are feeling better. I wanted to ask whether you got severe diarrhea again like you did on a former dose. GCMaf may be causing diarrhea in my case -- just really don't know for sure. In fact I have now been diagnosed with lymphocytic colitis ---where did that come from? I...
  17. A

Stanford Antiviral Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Trial Promises Hope, But More Study Needed

Yes, I really need to know this as I have developed lymphocyctic colitis. I cannot say for sure that antivirals have caused (or contributed to ) this, but if there is a reference then I could talk to my doctor about it. Thanks. alice
  18. A

Ya'lls thoughts on Nitric Oxide/Pall Protocol. Rich?

CAcfs, Do you use the MonaVie brand Acai as they did in the research article? Where is it available? Thanks alice MonaVie brand
  19. A

gcmaf homeopathic

Would using PayPal be safer. I have only used PayPal one time, so not really familiar with it. alice
  20. A

NK cell deficiencies is susceptibility to herpesviruses

Enid, am I understanding you correctly in saying that when you were given high dose amoxicillin for bacterial infection, that you felt better. This happened to me--my primary doctor prescribed Cipro (yes, I know, dangerous drug, but that's another story for another time) for a urinary tract...
  21. A

Ruggiero Speaking & Instruction For MAF 314 - Kansas October 5-6

Jonathan, Any further updates on Riordon Clinic possibly selling Maf 314?
  22. A

Discovery could lead to faster diagnosis for some chronic fatigue syndrome cases

Source: Ohio State University Date: November 14, 2012 Auteur: Emily Caldwell <caldwell.151@osu.edu> URL: http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/chronfatigue.htm Discovery could lead to faster diagnosis for some Chronic Fatigue Syndrome cases...
  23. A

Inosine Reaction

Hi Mij, I'm not taking Equilibriant at this point. I just had the enterovirus test done at Dr. Chia's lab. (I had an upper endoscopy done about a month ago and sent biopsy tissue to his lab). It tested positive. Right now I'm trying to decide whether to schedule an appointment with Dr...
  24. A

Inosine Reaction

mij, I'll update as well. I also started Inosine in Aug, but quit after a couple doses because of intolerable reaction - severe back and neck pain, headache, fatigue and flu like feeling. I just started again last week by using the swish and spit method. I dump one capsule into my mouth and...
  25. A

Streptococcus overgrowth

I've just had a Faecal Microbiology report which shows an overgrowth of Streptococcus. My question is, can you still take probiotics with Streptococcus thermophilus? I.e. is S.thermophilus unlikely to contribute to an overgrowth. Gary1001, I'm glad you asked that, I just had fecal microbial...
  26. A

Constant nausea/anorexia

KRR, I just had a upper endoscopy and a colonoscopy three weeks ago. I was "out" during the whole procedure. The anesthesiologist used Propofol for me. I had no side effects afterwards except for a very slight sore throat - no worse than I have on many other days. I woke up very shortly...
  27. A

ILADS Conference Streaming Link.

Sorry, the above posted before I meant for it to post. Anyway it looks as though, because of the storm, they are delaying the streaming of the conference until Dec. 1 and 2 . You can sign up for the streaming of the conference (recording)here...
  28. A

ILADS Conference Streaming Link.

CONFERENCE STREAMING UPDATE Hurricane Sandy is working its working its way up the East coast. After last year’s storms some customers were without electricity for a week. In order to ensure that the streaming of the conference goes smoothly, we have changed the streaming from live to a recorded...
  29. A

Asacol for Ulcerative Colitis

Dear xks201 and Nielk, Thanks for your responses. I'm not ignoring your kind thoughts, just waiting for more information. I got a report back from Metametrix now on a stool sample that my CFS/ME doctor had ordered prior to the colonoscopy. Much to my surprise it came back with a report...