• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Copper Dumping

Hi Arx, We did discuss SACD, B12 and Methylation with Dr. Gupta but he said the symptoms due to B12 deficiency should have been cured with B12 injections. The fact that he is still not 100% o.k. is due to neurotransmitter imbalance. I do not buy this theory as my son has typical symptoms of...
  2. S

A good methylcobalamin tablet in INDIA

Hi Arx, Have you tried ordering through e-bay? We have been ordering from Health Mall so far. thanks Sonia
  3. S

Copper Dumping

Hi Arx, My 26 year old son has had symptoms of Sub Acute Combined Degeneration of the spinal cord for the past 3 years. He has been seen by 15 neurologists in New Delhi. While 14 of them said there is nothing wrong with him, one doctor diagnosed that these are symptoms of B12 deficiency - SACD...
  4. S

Copper Dumping

Hi, Would anyone know if a doctor who is B12 aware in New Delhi India. My son has neurological symptoms due to B12 deficiancy and I am struggling with finding a doctor who understands B12. I have met a number of senior neurologists but without success.
  5. S

Wrong Diagnosis Site - Fredd's Protocol

Hi Freddd, A question on Alpha Lipoic Acid - Is R-Lipoic Acid better than Alpha Lipoic Acid? I quote from GeroNova Research website: "Alpha Lipoic acid has 2 isomers, one is R and another is S. S isomer is just a mirror image of R. The potent part is only R Isomer. The natural form of...
  6. S

Methyl B12 side effects?

Hi Freddd. We have found a supplier in India (http://www.health-mall.in) who stocks Jarrow, Country Life and Source Naturals. So this has taken some stress off. For loss of proprioception is it advisable to do physiotherapy? My son's neck is very stiff because of B12 deficiency and he is...
  7. S

Methyl B12 side effects?

Hi Fredd, Such a relief to know about the numbness/ tingling. Last year my son was on 2 mb12 injections a week and was also taking 3 sublingual mb12 of 5000 mcg daily and adb12 two times a week and he said sometimes he used to feel about 60-70% ok. Then we ran out of the Jarrow 5000 mcg and...
  8. S

Methyl B12 side effects?

Hi Fredd, We are planning to try the 50 mg sublingual dose. We have all the supplements you mentioned (Solgar Metafolin 800 mcg tablets, AdB12 and omega3) except for L-cartinine which I will try to order from Iherb. Also I want to know if Metafolin needs to be taken orally or sublingual...
  9. S

Methyl B12 side effects?

Hi Fredd, Thanks for your reply. It took a lot of consultations with different neurologists to come up with this diagnosis - based mainly on the symptoms, a positve Romberg's test and the fact that we are vegetarians. The MRI was normal. My son is extremely uncomfortable with his balance/...
  10. S

Methyl B12 side effects?

Hi, I am hoping that Fredd will see this post. I have posted on another thread but maybe this is the right thread.. My 24 year old son has symptoms of Sub Acute combined degeneration of spinal cord since the past 1.5 years. However, repeated MRIs and nerve conduction study have been normal...
  11. S

Wrong Diagnosis Site - Fredd's Protocol

Safety concerns of B12 supplementation My 24 year old son has symptoms of Sub Acute combined degeneration of spinal cord since the past 1.5 years. However, repeated MRIs and nerve conduction study have been normal. He has been on B12 supplementation since the past 15 months - B12...