• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

WPI Matching Fund 2/27/2011 - 3/31/2011

matching fund hello Andrew Just to let you know, I have donated 2 dollars to the WPI today. Thanks for your goodwill.
  2. R

Low Body Temperature

Thanks, I will certainly ask my doctor to check my cortisol levels, whether she'll agree to it, we'll see. In the meantime, I'll start RichVan K's protocol. Can you tell me more about the saliva test please?:cheeky grin:
  3. R

Low Body Temperature

borderline thyroid I have a borderline thyroid and have been offered thyroid supplementation. From the above information, where blood results don't show irregularities, I gather it's not a good idea to take these thyroid tablets. What I'd like to know is , should I consider taking tablets...
  4. R

Article: What is ME/CFS Video

Dear LaurelB, thank you so much for this poignant video. :Sign Good Job: Your voice is being heard here in Wales.
  5. R

ME on UK's "Casualty" 12 Nov

casualty Being a big fan of casualty, I'm also disappointed with this portrayal. Latest episode though showed the husband listing some of his symptoms with the doctor and the doctor saying yes, it was probable that he had ME. His wife, in the background, was shaking her head and trying to tell...
  6. R

Why is Mayo Clinic doing Amygdala Study?

I've also followed Ashok Gupta's Amygdala Retraining Programme. I can honestly say that it opened my eyes to how negative my general attitude was. I didn't think I was a negative person until I started to methodically examine my thoughts. The programme is not a quick fix. It takes a certain...
  7. R

How do I know if I am having "Die off"

As you may know, we usually drink a LOT of tea here in the UK. I assumed that I'd just developed an intolerance to it. Taking sugar with it was not an issue as I continue to eat plenty of sugar in biscuits. It wasn't the milk in it either as I drink lattes now instead. On the subject of...
  8. R

How do I know if I am having "Die off"

I used to have a lot of problems with candida but now I'm almost trouble -free since I stopped drinking black tea.
  9. R

Artesunate - Cheney dosage and benefits

Thanks for these instructions, minimus! I managed to get the "Hepasunate" and started out taking it two days a week, as you described. Then I read the label on them which said you could take one a day. So I tried that, and have been doing so for about four or five weeks. I feel much better...
  10. R

rhiannon

11. R

Artesunate - Cheney dosage and benefits