• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Sushi, From what you write it seems that you have overcome any PEM issues. Can I ask a couple of questions to have an idea of your improvements. About your exercise habits, are you able to do any of the following cycling, swimming or running and for how long? How long would you say it took...
  2. J

Scott Forsgren's report on the Shoemaker-Nathan-McDaniel Biotoxin Illness Conference

The HCG diet is essentially a modified Atkins diet, low carb, high protein but low fat (unlike Atkins). It's very effective at shedding weight. Calories intake is low but the regime doesn't make you feel particularly hungry. Unfortunately, I couldn't stick to it. Despite drinking a lot of water...
  3. J

Methylation, Acumen vs. EDL tests questions for Rich V K

Hi Rich I've taken the liberty of copying one of your posts into this new thread as I had a few questions and did not want to go off topic in the original one. I have had those mitochondrial tests for years and I agree they are not helpful. They haven't proven helpful at all I must say (I'm not...