• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. O

Article: 'Driving Miss Daisy' : Corinne At Dr. Peterson - Visit #4 (May 2011)

Hi Corinne, I'd be glad if you'd be able to ask Dr. Peterson the following question: Is ME/CFS contagious? If so - is it contagious all the time or just in the beginning of the disease? Could a person with ME/CFS infect his spouse, his children, his relatives? If there is no proven answer, I'd...
  2. O

Timeline--how many studies have attempted to replicate the Science article since 2009

And who said that the study was fraudulent? ERV? When you bring us the proof, you would be able to say that. Until then, please keep it to yourself.
  3. O

Why does 5AZA matter?

That is also what Dr. Mikovits said in the "naturenews" article. They said it was activated, they just didn't think back then that it is worth mentioning by what substance it was activated. Anyway, they wrote that BOTH PBMCS FROM HEALTHY CONTROLS AND FROM PATIENTS were activated. So, unless...
  4. O

This Requires A Very Good Explanation

What I'm saying is the following: One MUST not "contaminate" Dr. Mikovits' name until he is absolutely positive that he is right and that her name should be "contaminated". Ofcourse, that should be true regarding everyone, but when a ME/CFS patient is not doing everything in its power to see...
  5. O

This Requires A Very Good Explanation

"ERV" has no limits. She is disgusting! I hope she'll be sued and lose every penny she has. Now, don't you think that the title+the first message on this thread shouild be changed, in order for not to ruin Dr. Mikovits' name with some of ERV's bullshit?
  6. O

Dr. Mikovits answers my mail: Something important

Because of the thread here yesterday, where I talked about the BWG study not using Trizol or any other preservatives, I asked Dr. Mikovits yesterday questions via email, and she responded. I think that her answer is very important. This was my question: And this was her answer: So, what...
  7. O

XMRV is dead, but what about the antibodies?

The way I see it, the problem is that the WPI and the NCI found those antibodies in many of the controls, and there was no statistically significant difference between the number of controls that were found to be positive by serology and the number of patients that were found to be positive by...
  8. O

OTTAWA CONFERENCE: Judy Mikovits slides on HGRV's

I now have serious doubt that HMRVs really exist in ME/CFS patients. However, THAT IS NOT TO DECREASE EVEN SLIGHTLY THE LEVEL OF THANKFULNESS I THINK WE SHOULD ALL HAVE TOWARDS DR. MIKOVITS. She risked her career for us and for something she believes in, and she does her best in order to not let...
  9. O

UPDATE: BLOOD WORKING GROUP

I agree. It also seems to me like that (altough, there is one sequence that Lo/Alter found that had just one nucleotide difference than VP62, out of 277 nucleotides, "MLV-related virus CFS isolate MLV001-2010 gag polyprotein (gag) gene"). I admit I haven't read the supporting online material...
  10. O

UNEVX Test start date?

You can contact VIP Dx/UNEVX via email: info@vipdx.com They usually answer very quickly.
  11. O

Fibromyalgia and treatments

Cymbalta (active ingredient: duloxetine; It's a serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, or in short, SNRI) really helped me (before that I took Amitriptyline [common brand names: Elavil, Tryptizol, Laroxyl, Sarotex, Lentizol] which also helped me, though I think that to a lesser extent)...
  12. O

Long-chain acylcarnitine deficiency in CFS. Potential involvement of altered carnitin

Sorry for bringing it up - but I wondered: How/Where can I buy a supplement that would include the ingredients that they found to be deficient in ME/CFS patients, like Oleyl-L-Carnitine and Linoleyl-L-Carnitine, as opposed to L-Carnitine and Acetyl-L-Carnitine, which, in their study, were not...
  13. O

XMRV complete proviral genome, isolate S-162

Was the first known ME/CFS outbreak in Incline Village in the summer? It might give us a very tiny hint if it was (and if it wasn't, it won't really give us even a tiny hint to the contrary - because it could be that the virus was transmitted in the summer but the people just developed it later...
  14. O

Two more things to add to what I've said in my last message: 1) I didn't think about it at first, but actually, it would seem more likely to me that VP62 is a strain of XMRV that had undrewent more mutation than the Lithuanian strain - meaning, the Lithuanian strain, in my opinion (and while...
  15. O

Who said that it would only add the disappeared 15 bases (if that's what Miller means, it's possible that I'm getting it wrong)? What if it would add 50 bases, and from those 50 bases, bases number 14 to 28 (15 bases) would happen to be in the spots of those 15 bases that had deletions?
  16. O

Wow, I didn't notice that and I thank you for mentioning it. XMRV was first isolated from prostate cancer tissues that came from human beings - not from cell lines that were developed in the laboratory, and therefore not from the 22Rv1 cell line. Miller and Coffin can theorize that the XMRV that...
  17. O

Besides, who is even talking about rules? Here you have a person who is willing to snwer your questions - and who actually does it very quickly, and you are thanking her by publishing her words without first getting her approval, even though you know that when a person sends an email to another...
  18. O

Again, perhaps Miller would explain why strains of HIV-1 which are only 85% identical to each other, and strains of HCV which are only 79% identical to each other, are named HIV-1 and HCV. Besides, here you have scientist from lithuania saying that it's XMRV, and a scientist from the USA that...
  19. O

It's a wierd thing there: In the table, it says that those are 99% identical, with a 99% query coverage. But when you click the link there, and it takes you to see how exactly it's aligned, all of a sudden you see down on that page that these are just 95% identical, with quite a bit of changes...
  20. O

Has Ruscetti Ever Got It Wrong?

I'm not sure. I don't say that he is't, but I'm saying that I'm not sure. That is because: 1) I don't know of any studies about HUMAN DISEASES/HUMAN VIRUSES that he has done (and especially, studies that have yielded important results). Correct me if I'm wrong here (and giving examples would be...
  21. O

A very moving movie about the early days of AIDS at San-Francisco

Actually I don't think I saw"Philadelphia", but now you got me curious, so I'll try to find how I can see it. Thanks! :-)
  22. O

XMRV research: does it matter if WPI don't do any more?

100% agree :Retro smile: Thank you so much, Sasha, for the all of the effort that you are making :Sign Thanks:
  23. O

Replication Competent Murine Gammaretroviruses in Commonly Used Prostate Cancer Cell

I agree with that - I think that this tudy adds information, which is good - but it's only good of people do not misinterpret it and do too much of it. Perhaps some day this study would be able to help explain us something more than what it explains us today (which is that those cell lines that...
  24. O

"The Man Who Had HIV and Now Does Not"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21552772 I would also advice you to read the following article about this person, titled "The Man Who Had HIV and Now Does Not": http://www.thescientificworld.co.uk/TSW/toc/TSWJ_ArticleLanding.asp?ArticleId=3849 I believe that things like that, and like...
  25. O

A very moving movie about the early days of AIDS at San-Francisco

On thursday I watched a ducumentary called "We Were Here". It's about the HIV epidemic, mostly in the 80's, at San-Francisco, among gay men. It contains the story of 5 people - 4 of them are gay men who had wittnessed the epidemic from close because their friends and their lovers, and sometimes...
  26. O

Replication Competent Murine Gammaretroviruses in Commonly Used Prostate Cancer Cell

Listen, their study could be of importance, especially for future findings, but I don't understand what they are trying to say about XMRV. First of all, they didn't find any XMRV. Second of all, the MLVs that they found were found in cell lines that were never used in the XMRV studies, at least...
  27. O

XMRV research: does it matter if WPI don't do any more?

Hi Sasha - thanks! I did hit the "save signature" button... I don't know why it doesn't show up... :Retro confused:
  28. O

Drugs in the pipeline for XMRV

I know that Elvitegravir was shown to be effective against XMRV in vitro - but I never heared that S/GSK1349572 or S/GSK1265744 were shown to be effective against XMRV in vitro (or in vivo...) - have you heared such a thing, or are you just giving this as something that can possibly be effective...
  29. O

Interview with Mikovits at symposium in Leuven

I think that the most interesting things she said there are: 1) They expect the BWG study to be finished by the end of the summer. 2) They hope ("maybe") to finish with the Lipkin study by the end of the year. To me, the summer-sort-of-date for the BWG study to be ended is new. I really...