• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. rk1966

Would Valcyte work for PWME's who don't have CMV?

Valtrex is used to treat EBV. Valcyte is used to treat HHV6 and CMV. But if you do enough research on these boards, you'll find enough people who will swear that Valtrex (or it's less toxic cousin Famvir) cured their HHV6 (and EBV) infection. I'm starting low and slow (least toxic, least side...
  2. rk1966

Rough dosage and costs for Valcyte, Valtrex, Famvir

I have terrible sinus issues (and after 2 sinus surgeries!!!) I SWEAR by accupuncture. Have you tried it? It worked better for me than 2 surgeries did!
  3. rk1966

Scholars Retract Another Study Linking Virus to Fatigue Syndrome

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/27/health/research/scholars-retract-another-study-linking-xmrv-to-chronic-fatigue-syndrome.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1325143030-ebdh/9kBPbGRz628SSS4+w December 26, 2011 Scholars Retract Another Study Linking Virus to Fatigue SyndromeBy DAVID TULLER For the...
  4. rk1966

XMRV Positive? What are your symptoms/medical history?

I'm new to this forum; am awaiting an "official diagnosis", have NOT been tested for XMRV, but when I saw your two suggestions for the survey, I HAD to respond. I've been on medical leave of absence from work since February (probably will be "terminated in good standing" in about a month)...
  5. rk1966

Are You Hyperventilating?

I realize this post is old, but I had to reply. 3 years ago, as a new nurse I went straight to work in ICU; incredibly rewarding, but INCREDIBLY STRESSFUL!!! I found that I was holding my breath without realizing it, until my brain finally told me that I needed to breathe! Luckily this was...
  6. rk1966

Looking for a good CFS doc in New Jersey/New York City

Dr. Natelson I too am considering Dr. Natelson. I saw him speak at the NJ CFS conference in October of this year. I'm am basing most of my reasoning for choosing him on the fact that he does a lot of research on CFS and his patient intake form is very thorough. He also suggests labwork to...