• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Abraxas

An Open Letter to the Editors of Science

An excellent letter asleep, thankyou very much for your effort. LJS - The letter asleep has posted here is nothing to do with the thread you've linked to (Mikovit's response to Science). Please can you ammend or remove your post so as not to divert people away from this thread and signing...
  2. Abraxas

Article on new prostate cancer study 'A viral cause for prostate cancer?'

Hi CBS, yes I 've just noticed that, my apologies. The article was only posted in google news an hour ago though and the author mentions the study was published today hence my confusion - should have checked the dates. Please can admin delete, thanks.
  3. Abraxas

Article on new prostate cancer study 'A viral cause for prostate cancer?'

Not sure if anyone already posted this article on a new study from Ila Singh yet: http://www.the-scientist.com/news/display/55965/
  4. Abraxas

WPI UK XMRV testing/study

Hi Adam, I presume they will be in touch in due course, the email I got said: ' The staff of PSI is working diligently to make sure everyone is accommodated for both the in home collections and those able to travel to collection locations.' and also: 'For those of you who have e-mailed...
  5. Abraxas

CDC replication study delayed in order to prepare a press release?!

As this whole thread seems to be based on the above couple of sentences from the buzz page, I'm also curious to know who you mean by 'We' Cort? If you are able to tell us :Retro smile: thanks. I'm not able to keep up very well, but did we know the CDC study was supposed to be due out this...
  6. Abraxas

My XMRV Culture Test is Negative

I watched that too, the change before and after taking anti-retrovirals for as little as 40 days was dramatic. Like the others say, there's still a chance you'll test positive when re-tested by the new method. Good luck.
  7. Abraxas

WPI and Cerus Confirm Inactivation of XMRV by the INTERCEPT Blood System

Another artictle about Cerus in the Wall Sreet Journal: 'New threats to US Blood Supply' http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704792104575264600619273586.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsFifth
  8. Abraxas

Looks like things are moving again as far as the blood collection is concerened. Had an email from the phlebotomy company today saying they are 'working on contacting everyone on the participant list' and thanking us for our patience. No dates or venues mentioned yet though.
  9. Abraxas

Has anybody tried Hydrocortisone therapy?

Interesting stuff MNC. According to the definition in wiktionary, you are correct that myeloneuropathy is neuropathy of the myelin sheath : http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/myeloneuropathy Apart from myeloneuropathy related to copper deficiency, I see that there are also tropical...
  10. Abraxas

"Ask the Social Worker" (who has worked with HIV/AIDS patients for 20 yrs)

Many thanks to Rrrr and social worker, very interesting.
  11. Abraxas

Thanks for this Knackered.
  12. Abraxas

Ok, thanks for that Countrygirl and your involvement in the website etc, cheers.
  13. Abraxas

The temporary website for those taking part in the UK XMRV study has just been updated to include questions and answers! Don't know about other venues yet, I can't seem to access that part of the site.
  14. Abraxas

Six strains of XMRV so far!

Hi Fern, yes the preview only shows the first page and I don't have access to the full study. Does anyone else? :Sign Help:
  15. Abraxas

Six strains of XMRV so far!

The free preview of the full text of this study is interesting too, here's the link for a pdf of it: http://www.springerlink.com/content/416lq773u356024x/fulltext.pdf?page=1 Anyone got full access to it?
  16. Abraxas

Spare a thought for the Psyche Lobby

Such a shame.....NOT!!! :winking: Thanks Adam :Retro smile:
  17. Abraxas

XMRV positive by serology from WPI

I too sincerely hope this is a temporary glitch that will be overcome? As Countrygirl says, more information would be good - Arrgh! what a rollercoaster!
  18. Abraxas

XAND and XMRV site

Interesting find Andrew, thanks.
  19. Abraxas

PLoS ONE: Raltegrevir is a Potent Inhibitor of XMRV...

U.S. study shows anti-HIV drugs inhibit virus linked to prostate cancer & ME Not sure if this has been posted anywhere yet: http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/health/2010-04/02/c_13234873.htm The study has also been covered in a few other articles including: Prohealth -...
  20. Abraxas

Does this help Gerwyn? http://www.ashfordstpeters.nhs.uk/for-visitors/travel-details Click on the link for Ashford Hospital for a map.
  21. Abraxas

Hi Sproggle, I got the same email, and am not near Middlesex. My email says 'We are in the process of organizing collection locations near you.' I presume they must have sent it to everyone and it's a case of waiting till you receive an email about a collection in your area?
  22. Abraxas

The emotional impact of XMRV

((Andrew)) You've been through and continue to go through such a lot. :worried: I would hope that the confirmation of a postive XMRV test would prompt your doctors to quickly find out more about how they can help you, or refer you to someone who can, especially given the links to both...
  23. Abraxas

NEW UK Study website for WPI

Thanks V99 :Retro smile: sorry you didn't make it in to the study.
  24. Abraxas

New XMRV study to be undertaken.

Seems like good news, I thought I remembered some intimation that big pharma may be getting involved, possibly from one of Judy's talks? I wonder what is meant by 'similar' in the above statement, rather than the same?
  25. Abraxas

The emotional impact of XMRV

Hi Andrew, I just saw this thread, after hearing earlier today that you have just received your XMRV results and tested positive. Wow, you had a long wait, given that you started this thread back in October when your blood was drawn. Hope you are OK? Please let us know how you feel about it...
  26. Abraxas

Is standing tiring but not dizzy when you stand up? Get tested for treatable OI!

Thanks for the info Sasha. I've definitely noticed standing more tiring than walking too (at the time of the activity), so I might give the poor man's tilt test a try. Apart from more accurate BP measurements, was the test your Doc carried out the same procedure that you did yourself at home?
  27. Abraxas

Transplant Experts share XMRV transmission concerns: Retrovirology journal

Thanks Parvo for another great post :Retro smile:
  28. Abraxas

Kerr pulling out of XMRV research

Thanks Mithriel, that would explain a lot. Do you have a link to any info about the study that was proposed?
  29. Abraxas

HELP needed re pregnancy and XMRV testing in the UK

Welcome Gwenan, there's a thread here on UK testing - post #9 is particularly useful if you are too ill to get to London : http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?2449-UK-testing As far as I know the testing dates are every Monday at Biolabs, and will continue to run throughout March...