• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. ISAS

DR MYHILL PUBLISHES NEW BOOK

Perhaps the reviews from Amazon.co.uk are a better place to start? 5 star --27 4 star --6 3 star -- 0 2 star -- 1 1 star --1 Hope this helps regarding whether this book is for you or not. Many thanks for your support IS
  2. ISAS

In addition, you can have a look at Chapter 8 of Dr Myhill's book, entitled 'Catastrophe Theory and CFS' written by Craig Robinson. The new updated version can be found here in full on this webpage of Dr Myhill's website...
  3. ISAS

Just to remind folk that you can read the first 40 pages of Dr Myhill's new book at the link below to give yourself an idea of whether this book is for you or not. [200 more books sold - thanks!] Here is the link: http://www.book2look.de/vbook.aspx?id=kwtry1zukp Many thanks for your support IS
  4. ISAS

Just wanted to say a Thank You to all those who signed the recent ''Thank You card'' for Dr Myhill. I wanted to post it here but it was too big!! We managed to muster 25 pages in just 2 short days. Finally, here is a link telling you a little about Dr Myhill's next book, due out later in the...
  5. ISAS

Correction to my previous post: There is the addition of an Addendum to Craig Robinson's chapter on ''Catastrophe Theory and CFS'' added into the third re-print. Many thanks for your support. IS
  6. ISAS

I am not sure when the third re-print will be available. I will post details here. Hope that is okay? There are no big differences, just typos etc. Many thanks for your support. IS :)
  7. ISAS

Just a quick update on the book - it has now sold over 2000 copies and a third reprint is happening as I type. Thanks for all the support. Dr Myhill is completely snowed under with new patients and has posted this on her website: ''Advice to new patients suspended Sep 14 From DoctorMyhill...
  8. ISAS

Hey sorry it wasn't signed! I will mention that to Sarah! Here is some more news--- Check it out! Now you can preview the first chapter of Dr Myhill's book before you buy: http://www.book2look.de/vbook.aspx?id=kwtry1zukp
  9. ISAS

Sherpa - yes it will be available on amazon.com soon - here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Diagnosing-treating-Chronic-Fatigue-Syndrome/dp/1781610347 Justy, indeed many people do do very well with the free information made available on Dr Myhill's website. This book is updated and fully...
  10. ISAS

Thanks for your positive comment Cheesus, sorry about the full patient list :( Just to add here is the official press release giving details of the contents. Diagnosis & Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - it’s mitochondria not hypochondria’ by Dr Sarah Myhill CFS is all in our cells, not...
  11. ISAS

This from Craig Robinson of the Dr Myhill Facebook groups: '' STOP PRESS -- Dr Myhill's first book of the year [Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome] is now available to purchase from her office!!! Here is Sarah's commentary as copied from her website homepage. “It's official...
  12. ISAS

Dr Myhill talks about mammography

Please see this interesting clip in which Dr Myhill can be seen discussing mammography. http://thepromisefilm.net/ PLEASE SHARE. This is just a trailer - if it is premiered in London, as seems the case, then Dr Myhill will be there!
  13. ISAS

Dr Myhill publishes two books

Sorry - links are not very helpful! Here are some betters ones: http://www.amazon.com/Sustainable-Medicine-Dr-Sarah-Myhill/dp/1781610320/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1379253667&sr=1-1 http://www.hammersmithbooks.co.uk/downloads/HammersmithHealth_Catalogue_2013to2014.pdf...
  14. ISAS

Dr Myhill publishes two books

This from Craig Robinson on facebook group: SOME EXCITING NEWS REGARDING TWO BOOKS BEING PUBLISHED BY DR MYHILL. This is very much a preliminary announcement and neither of these books is yet available. Also, certain details may change such as titles or front covers etc. We wanted to get the...
  15. ISAS

Dr Myhill et al publishes third paper on Mito study

Here is a Press Release from Dr Myhill: DR SARAH MYHILL PRESS RELEASE Upper Weston Llangunllo Knighton Powys Wales LD7 1SL 01547 550 331 http://www.drmyhill.co.uk Discussion of the release of the paper: ‘’Targeting mitochondrial dysfunction in the treatment of Myalgic...
  16. ISAS

Full paper is the pdf link. Thanks. ISAS
  17. ISAS

Dr Myhill, with colleagues Norman E Booth and John McLaren-Howard, has published again concerning mitochondrial malfunction and CFS/ME. Here is the abstract and links follow: We report on an audit of 138 ME/CFS patients who attended a private practice and took the ATP Profile biomedical...
  18. ISAS

Dr Sarah Myhill faces another GMC Hearing

Sarah has been called by the GMC to appear in front of an Investigation Committee at 9:30 on 2-4 October 2012 at St James's Building, 79 Oxford Street, Manchester, M1 6FQ. The details of this Hearing can be found at http://www.gmc-uk.org/Myhill_Sarah_02102012_14092012_49872334.pdf Sarah is...
  19. ISAS

Countess of Mar Question

From mecfsforums repost: This question refers to the recent Myhill et al paper: The Countess of Mar is asking the right questions !----- Health: Mitochondrial Disease Question Asked by The Countess of Mar To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to the Written Answer by Earl Howe on 25...
  20. ISAS

Dr Myhill publishes second paper

REPOST FROM peoplewithme Dr Myhill Press Release on second 'mito' paper JULY 2012 PRESS RELEASE Int J Clin Exp Med 2012;5(3):208-220 Original Article Mitochondrial dysfunction and the pathophysiology of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Norman E Booth, Sarah...
  21. ISAS

Dr Myhill publishes second paper

As already reported elsewhere Dr Myhill, in conjunction with fellow authors, Norman E Booth and John McLaren Howard, has had a follow up paper published concerning the 'mito test'. Dr Myhill is in the process of preparing a press release and as mentioned towards the end of this second paper...
  22. ISAS

Myhill sues Jonas

Goldacre distanced himself, I believe, at about the same time as the uberthread, so called, was lost. I seriously am glad that I am not an 'owner' of any forums because this is where the liability will go eventually I believe.
  23. ISAS

Myhill sues Jonas

In publishing views on a website, a doctor is probably acting as an author, not a doctor. That's what one of the GMC's own Expert Witnesses apparently said. [ref: IOP Transcripts of Myhill v GMC - can't remember where and I am not going to look! If you want to verify it is on the GMC website...
  24. ISAS

Myhill sues Jonas

See http://www.badscience.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29591
  25. ISAS

Dr Skinner facing new GMC IOP

I am passing on a message from Dr Skinner's team. He is facing another IOP. If you wish to, and are able, show support, the details follow: 'Unfortunately the celebrations were short lived – Dr Skinner has been summoned for another IOP on the 24th May 2012 at the GMC in Manchester. I am so...
  26. ISAS

Dr Myhill on tv

That would be GMT sorry! I am being Anglo-Centric! Or should that be Brito-Centric! You can go to the following for a recent radio interview: Dr. Sarah Myhill Empowering You To Recover Your Health January 23, 2012 www.oneradionetwork.com or you can access 1 hour of the above interview via...
  27. ISAS

Dr Myhill on tv

You may remember Dr Myhill's live interview with Theo Chalmers on Sky Channel 200 a while back. She has been invited and agreed to appear on Theo's programme again and the live interview will take place tonight, starting at 8 pm. Questions for Dr Myhill are very welcome! Details of the...
  28. ISAS

Dr Skinner faces new IOP from GMC

Following on from the news below regarding Dr Skinner I regret to have to post the following message from his supporters. Dear All, I am so sorry to have to inform you of this but as I expected our celebrations were extremely short lived. We received yet another complaint letter from the GMC...
  29. ISAS

Message from Dr Skinner's support group: Dear All, I am writing to let you know what happened at the GMC regarding Dr Skinners IOP this morning. Basically there are 5 complaints from 5 GPs where each of the patients has written to the GMC to say that they do not agree with the GPs...
  30. ISAS

A note from Dr Skinner's supporters. Please try to help if you can: ar All, Dr Skinner has been asked to appear before an Interim Order Panel at the GMC at 9.30am on Wednesday 22nd February (a day after his 70th birthday!) at the GMC Offices at St Jamess Buildings, 79 Oxford Street...