• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Anyone improve from bed/housebound to high level of functionality?

My symptoms My Symptoms: Here are some of the symptoms I had in no particular order (or maybe what bothered me most): 1) Non-restorative sleep. I would sleep and sleep and sleep yet never feel rested. This was not only a physical tiredness but a mental and emotional tiredness. 2) Fatigue...
  2. L

Anyone improve from bed/housebound to high level of functionality?

Some things that helped me I was sick for 9.5 years. I was level 0/1 but somehow I managed to keep working (I teach about 25 hours a week at a local community college). It was awful. I tried a bunch of different things and learned to manage my condition. With that I was able to raise my...
  3. L

cfs/ thryoid/ armour question

Iodine and non-prescription thyroid Dr. Mark Starr says it's important to take iodine for a month before taking thyroid. At least one other person I talked to can verify that. She tried thyroid and felt like she was going to jump out of her skin. She took iodine for a month and felt...
  4. L

Some things that have helped me

I've read that some people think the liver flush is a scam. I can report that before I did the flushes I was in a lot of pain and each time I did a flush the pain lessened. I know this is gross but I examined the stones that came out (with gloves on). I don't believe that the oil saponified...
  5. L

I know of two ways to get thyroid. One way is to get a prescription from a doctor. Doctors prescribe the synthetic (Synthroid/Levothyroxine Sodium) or the natural stuff (Armour). Dr. Starr says in his book that people on the synthetic stuff have good blood test results but their symptoms do...
  6. L

Iodine I take Lugols 2%. Yes, I was worried I was taking too much so I did some research. Each drop is like 3 mg if I recall correctly. Fifty drops would be around 150mg a day. I couldn't help it. I had terrible cravings. It was like when you're hungry for salty potato chips or...
  7. L

Hello, I suffered from what I thought was chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and fibromyalgia (FM) for 9.5 years. Below is a list of things that have helped me. I wanted to pass them along in hopes that they may help someone else. I am not a medical practitioner. Always consult a physician...