• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Conversing With Professor Simon Wessely- Part 1

Very very interesting! :Sign Good Job: cfssufferer!!
  2. S

VIP Dx Culture Test Poll For A LATENT Infection

I did the same and tested negative.
  3. S

People Who Tested Negative to the VIPDx tests

Marguerite Ross also wrote: "We will run the new improved culture test on your specimen. Samples will be banked. When we get our serology test licensed and validated through WPI, we can send you a release to have your banked sample tested. Please check back in the spring as to when this test...
  4. S

People Who Tested Negative to the VIPDx tests

Marguerite Ross, Director, Marketing & Client Relations, VIP Dx / RedLabs, wrote this to me in an email on the 18th of January: "If we get the antibody, we may be able to offer it at a reduced rate to those who have already been tested and had a “none detected” result. If you test positive...
  5. S

XMRV Positive(Latent)Negative(Active)

Thank you. I found some information here: http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?940-xmrv-needs-4-tests-(Nov-09) To "link" XMRV to CFS, is it then enough to just take the PCR/culture test from VIP? Shouldn't one also take the antibody test? Perhaps no treatment is needed if just the...
  6. S

Thank you for clearing that. Can you please explain the terminology, and what each test means? :innocent1: Do you know which test will find XMRV antibodies in the plasma?
  7. S

I have yet another question: According to the Science paper, 67% tested positive for XMRV: "Studying peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) from CFS patients, we identified DNA from a human gammaretrovirus, xenotropic murine leukemia virusrelated virus (XMRV), in 68 of 101 patients (67%)...