• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Has anyone added low dose lithium orotate into the mix?

Not sure if that would do it, JM, but if ya only did a few crumbs or teensy, teensy sprinkle and felt that way then maybe its not for you.
  2. G

Rich------Suggestions for CBS Mutation

I have the complete mutation so yes, it helped me alott! But my doc said she only recommends it for certain cases, not for all CBS upregulations.
  3. G

Has anyone added low dose lithium orotate into the mix?

You'll find info about lithium carbonate all over the web, its an older psych med but they still use it once in a while for bipolar. Just like MAO drugs of the past, it had all sorts of side effects, some fatal. Plus the patients it was used on weren't always compliant about getting their labs...
  4. G

Goldilocks' Methylation: 15 mg Leucovorin is too much

I wouldn't go to all that trouble since Folinic is pretty cheap and can be ordered. If you are on anything else that has to be shipped to where you live, you could try finding something like this to add to your order. Otherwise, I guess crushing is up like Ema says above...
  5. G

suggestions for what folinic acid for shmt

Yeh, about that, the dairy component doesn't have casein, the part that almost everyone reacts to. If autistic kids with casein allergies can take this spray, its pretty unlikely adults will react to it. Now detox is another matter entirely. Some docs say to dilute it down by at least 50/50 with...
  6. G

suggestions for what folinic acid for shmt

http://www.holisticheal.com/folinic-acid.html Or you can use the SHMT spray which really helped me early on even tho I don't have SHMT. yasko also recommends it for people with AHCY due to gut problems. I diluted that down more easily and could tolerate it in little doses and went up over a...
  7. G

I have a lot of BHMT and AHCY mutations, among others. Can you advise me?

I think you should be very careful about the methyl donors you pick and take it VERY slowly with the BHMT since this increases adrenalin. This is probably the reason you felt so edgy and nervous because I would too! Your COMT isn't a big deal because the VDR Taq is ++ should mean you tolerate...
  8. G

SHMT and Related Pathways

yasko puts SHMT first because it is a dead end pathway. If this is blocked, it takes your folate and holds it there so you won't get it converted into folinic or 5MTF. This means it steals this from the rest of the cycle. Then if you have other problems, its even worse. As I know it, folate goes...
  9. G

Seeking input in my 23andme results

Its not a scam or illegal to have some supplements in a product in small, propietary doses without exact ingredients on the label. The majority are listed. I just don't think its the way to go because there are so many in the ACAT that it causes alotta detox and is hard to tolerate. I used to go...
  10. G

Seeking input in my 23andme results

I don't think the garlic will be much problem but you'll need a hefty tolerance to take all those Yasko supps. The neurological and ACAT/BHMT together would be horrible for most people. But it depends on your tolerance and whether you can really knock yourself down that much for a while. I...
  11. G

Unexpected test results... I would be grateful for some guidance

Actually, I agree about the MCV, was just trying to let ya know that sometimes looking at MCH, RDW, and others might not help as much. Having said that, I used to do the same and investigate every parameter and have learned which ones seem to matter more than others as I've gone along.
  12. G

I don't know about all the blood count levels in depth but we pretty much ignore the levels about size and shape like MCHC, RDW, and MCH in the ICU unless they are super low or high since others are more of a problem. The MCV is about b 12 absorption and closer to 100 is macrocytic or bigger...
  13. G

Rs6323 - MAO-A - What this gene does if its bust

That's a good question Star-Anise but there's also been debate about whether MAO might act as more of an upregulation like CBS instead of a downregulation like COMT so that these people lose more and need more serotonin for that reason. IDK for sure but it does seem like anyone with that defect...
  14. G

Well I'd say you've got some real problems with a full ACAT and full BHMTs! That is a big deal and will really be based on how well you get thru detox. I'm a wuss! I had so many metals pouring out with just methylation stuff that I stopped testing. Take the BHMT's, I don't do well but I have...
  15. G

You seem to have a good grasp bluebell. I would run your results through geneticgenie.com and get the nice colored Yasko type sheet. This will help clarify that ACAT and if you are ++ I can tell you that no matter what anyone else says, I've seen kids and adults with this defect in my old biomed...
  16. G

I'll add a few thoughts here with the big disclaimer that I've studied this stuff or years but am by no means an expert. If you are really a complete ACAT, I would be surprised but would like to know if any others have that complete defect. I think this would really be a problem for your...
  17. G

How to lower norepinephrine

I think your probably talking about the CBS that most people study for strokes, heart disease, and dementia. Their CBS is downregulated so going way too slow and homocysteine builds up, causing alotta inflammatory changes. These people really need P5P but thats not the same as the upregulated...
  18. G

Whoa nelly! Thats alotta P5P!!! Especially if you are SNS like me. I think its important to remember that the CBS & MTHFR c677T isn't the only factor with homocysteine since having BHMT defects will also increase homocysteine levels, especially if you have several. I think its good to remember...
  19. G

I take very little b12 now, maybe 800mcg day and I've added potassium and magneisum to sleep at night since this helps slow down the flight and fight system. As far as methyls go, I take sprinkles and really diluted drops instead of regular doses because I get WAY too amped up on them. With all...
  20. G

Never ending search for a B Complex....how about this one?

Yeh, I'd wait. Otherwise you might just waste more money and time with the wrong one.
  21. G

Need some guidance regarding Methylation

You might want to list or attach your tests to make it easier
  22. G

I have a complete CBS ++ too and I do well on The Ultimate B but I'm not overly sensitive to b vitamins.
  23. G

This seems like a good B complex for people with the SHMT. Research shows this can hoard key nutrients from the MTHFR and MTRR.
  24. G

ACAT/BHMT supplement with COMT+/+

No, its not stupid at all but ACAT isn't exactly common, and having the COMT ++ with it, and then having someone who wants to do Yasko stuff for it isn't as common. You're not liable to get many bites on this. From what I've seen, not that many docs recommend this combo for adults with chronic...
  25. G

Seeking thoughts and pointers on my 23andme results

Something very important to think about is that alone, none of the snps may be a big deal but in combination with others, it may be very different. I don't think the MTHFR or ACAT by itself is always a big deal but when you've got a bunch throughout the system, MTHFR, CBS, BHMT, and ACAT, it...
  26. G

Genetic Genie results (23andme)

Ok, normally people will say what they are already taking but I musta missed you saying so. I didn't re read this to check that but if so, it was an oversight. I wasn't trying to be belittling by repeating it, just wanted to make sure you knew that the basics were needed first. I don't think...
  27. G

Help! 5 red / 9 yellow. Where to start?

Its really back to this Once you have actually researched the issue and seen the explanations yourself, if you dispute it, that's fine. What I take issue with is NOT bothering to do that and speaking out against something. Its one sided.
  28. G

Bloopy, These are from previous discussions in this same thread More recent post Remember that TMG is a big methyl so I'm not sure it would be wise to start that right off the bat and skip all the others. Caledonia and I have listed several basic things that most people seem to need. The...
  29. G

Bloopy, you need to get the basics down before looking at the genetics. There's no other way to say this and no other way to get where you want to. If you skip all the basics, you won't tolerate all those methyls. Get a basic feel for where you are when you add in simple stuff and take some time...
  30. G

Help! 5 red / 9 yellow. Where to start?

Valentijin, I'm not going to get drawn into a ridiculously childish debate. Your comment about getting to tell someone to "shut up when they don't agree" is just out of line. I clearly asked for the rationale behind your conclusions and you can't really provide them. Instead of responding as an...