• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. adreno

Poly-MVA - Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Modulation / Acetyl CoA Production / Krebs Cycle Enhancement

No. And to my knowledge there are no problems with ALA absorption to begin with.
  2. adreno

Poly-MVA - Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Modulation / Acetyl CoA Production / Krebs Cycle Enhancement

Well it might do some of those things to some degree, but we don't really know. Because we only have a few poor in vitro studies and nothing on humans. And is it any better than ALA? ALA has thousands of studies behind it.
  3. adreno

Grey and white matter differences in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Where is Occam when you need him.
  4. adreno

Feeling terrible after Probiotics

This is quite normal for PwME. We can't seem to handle the lactic acid.
  5. adreno

Revisited - Does ME/CFS more closely resemble an autoimmune disease or a chronic infection?

I can be good to use the search function before starting new threads. This topic has been discussed several times before. Here is one example: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/what-evidence-is-there-that-me-cfs-is-more-autoimmune-than-chronic-infection.37545/
  6. adreno

ME/CFS Collaborative Research Centers & Data Management Center Announcements

I agree that the criteria are relevant. However, for the sake of clarity, I also agree that it would be better discussed in a separate thread. It is a subtopic, and sometimes when subtopics become large they require their own space.
  7. adreno

In that case I agree with you on the first sentence, and disagree on the second.
  8. adreno

What some members here are advicing against is representatives of the OMF using their influence in the community to put pressure on the NIH for delivering a specific outcome. This is, as explained, neither in patients' nor the OMF best interest, as the NIH finds this meddling inappropriate.
  9. adreno

Funny how he has to reference a thread on PR rather than his own site. Could it be because nothing's going on at HR? However, I don't think this thread is dominated by dismay, although there has been a few complaints about it. But I guess it sounds cool to say so on a blog.
  10. adreno

Looks like pure garbage. A few low quality studies and an overpriced supplement with inflated claims.
  11. adreno

That was an open letter. If Collins was swayed by a private phone call that would be the height of corruption.
  12. adreno

Yes, I misspelled. Is there an official name for "Ron Davis' group"?
  13. adreno

@Jesse2233 The grant money has been given and cannot be taken back. The ship has sailed. I don't think a petition will serve any purpose now. However, patients can advocate for the OMI to be funded by another grant.
  14. adreno

And how do you know that? The NIH has a limited pot of money and have to fund the centers that they judge to have the best chance of moving the research forward. I think none of us here are in a position to judge who that is.
  15. adreno

I think now is not the time to be sending petitions and complaint letters to Collins, which probably would just serve to cement the idea that PwME are difficult. Now is the time to send thank you notes, perhaps with a PS that you hope for funding of OMI in the future. Yes we did not get...
  16. adreno

Do I have Adrenal Fatigue or Cfs ?

From his posts, it is clear that everyone who disagress with @The Chronicals is either close minded, unintelligent, religious, senile or mentally ill. What a waste of good Internet bandwith he is. Oh well, at least there is an ignore button.
  17. adreno

I think overall this is some very good news for us, although I would of course have liked to see certain others funded as well. Hopefully there will be more grants in the future? I am not really up-to-date on the roadmap.
  18. adreno

Whence Wyller? CBT/GET Proponent Uncovers Distinct Biological Signature (???)

It should be pretty clear to all skeptics by now that this is really BPS research in disguise.
  19. adreno

Phil Parker On Wikipedia trying top get SMILE added

Incredible that Crawley has no issues with associating herself with this rabble. I wish the guardian would write about that.
  20. adreno

LXR (Liver X Receptor) Inhibition as a Root Cause of ME/CFS?

I can see why people would think that because of the name (liver x receptor), but this receptor is expressed throughout tissues, even in the brain.
  21. adreno

Well I don't know if a combination of three SNPs is gonna do it, or how many it would take. But I am by no means an expert. I suppose you would have to calculate how rare those combinations are, and how this compares to the prevalence of ME. But I believe that for most diseases and disorders, it...
  22. adreno

@mariovitali I think focusing on SNPs is mostly a dead end for now. As Valentijn says, a single SNP isn't going to have much impact. Combinations of huge amounts of gene mutations might have impact, but is too difficult to map for now. This doesn't mean that the theory about e.g. LXR is...
  23. adreno

It might be so. But reduced glucocorticoid receptor function is a vastly different thing than "fatigued glands". Besides I am pretty sure that recommended treatments for AF such as B5 and vitamin C does exactly nothing for this.
  24. adreno

Bioenergetic state regulates innate inflammatory responses through the transcriptional co-repressor

Interesting, I think. Especially because of how difficult it is for many PwME to tolerate low carb diets.
  25. adreno

I understand that it is quackery, and that there is no evidence to back up your claims. Also you keep conflating GAS and AF as if the two are the same. They're not. I am going to leave it up to the OP if he or she wants to listen to Wilson and Lam, two known quacks with nothing published, or...
  26. adreno

@plaruno If you are worried about your adrenal function, you could ask for a ACTH stimulation test, also known as a synacthen test. If the result come back fine, it is unlikely to be a problem with your adrenal glands. Here is some info: https://patient.info/health/synacthen-test Remember...
  27. adreno

There is nothing mentioned in the GAS about adrenal glands getting fatigued, just a change in stress response, which can happen due to e.g. glucocorticoid resistance. Oh, and remind me about Dr. Lam. Is he the one charging $300 or more for diagnosing people with "adrenal fatigue" over the...
  28. adreno

Sounds good in theory. But is it true? Morin is a flavonoid. If that can alleviate steatosis, surely it is possible a natural compound with the opposite effect can do harm. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28646531