• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. judi

Incline Village

Thanks for the information Lou, I'm not trying to rule out people passing the illness from one person to another. I'm just curious about what it was like there. I've noticed that their's a superfund site near by in CA and another to the East in NV. I'm just wondering if there was any industry...
  2. judi

Incline Village

Sorry for the slow response - bad day yesterday - my own fault though. I personally don't think water plays that big of a roll per se, but I really am curious. I've been doing a lot of reading about Melamine (which we ingest in alarming amounts or so it seems) and I was curious about what...
  3. judi

Incline Village

I'm curious about the water supply there at the time as well as the industry and how those people are today. Do you think many of them are still alive? Does anyone know of a good place to find out more about all that happened? Newspapers? That book that I've not read yet "O......(not sure...
  4. judi

Incline Village

I'm trying to find people who became ill in Incline Village.....do any of them post here? I have some questions I'd like to ask them.
  5. judi

Anyone on this site a patient of Dr. Paul Cheney in Ashville, NC?

Hi UKXMRV, Could you share with me what some of those simple things are? Thanks Judi
  6. judi

Sore Throat following physical activity

ahhhh I didn't see that link - thank you
  7. judi

Bloating of the stomach

Rich, Thank you, thank you, thank you. This helps me a lot. Sugar has been annoying me and I couldn't understand why, I've been abstaining as much as possible and when ever I have something equivalent to a treat (candy bar/cookie/bowl of cereal) I start belching shortly there after. My...
  8. judi

Could I have CFS & lets say Lupus?

wow, I just finished reading it and all I gotta say is wow, so many similarities, but not all, this answers my question and I think I do have ...wow. Thanks, I'm going to read it a few more times to really absorb it, but I think this pretty much sums up what I wanted to know. Thank you
  9. judi

thank you sushi, I'm scared to read it though, but I will right now and again, thanks for sharing it with me
  10. judi

Thank you for your response Justy, I've had no tests because doctors think I'm a lunatic or something along those lines. Last week I finally went to a doctor affiliated with/at Northwestern because I was thinking that I might be histimine intollerant based on things I've read here, she thought...
  11. judi

and thank you for anything you can share, don't tax yourself over it, but any bit helps
  12. judi

I've been going to doctors and saying "somethings wrong since about '05" they kept telling me I was perfectly fine and I embraced that even though in the back of my mind I knew otherwise - then in '08 I had a day where I became so sick that I ended up in a hospital, in '09 I go the sore throat...
  13. judi

I just realized that the title of this may be not exactly what I'm trying to ask..... I guess what I'm trying to say is that as of late, I feel like my immune system is confused and trying to go in multiple directions, like some days I'd swear to you I think I have the symptoms of ME "and" Lupus...
  14. judi

That's interesting, do you ever feel like we're just super sensitive to just about everything out there and that if we go to great lengths it could reduce external assults that perhaps undermine everything? Not sure I just made sense, but lately I feel like everywhere I turn I'm facing some...
  15. judi

Is continuous inevitable ? Can it be staved off? I think the following part of your quote addresses this, but I'm confused. Not through any fault of yours, my mind has this neat trick it likes to play on me where it takes things and makes it backwards - I can't explain it, but it's always a...
  16. judi

famous last words, if I had a nickel for everytime I said "or" thanks for the laugh, not that the subject is funny, but the process of thinking is universal and that alone is funny
  17. judi

what does the slow decline look like?
  18. judi

this confuses me, could you explain the process a little more? pretty please :)
  19. judi

I have so many peculiar things going on (like all of you), but Sunday was just odd and now I'm questioning if this is something that could be ME related or well I just don't know... I was feeling like ass Sunday, I have this thing where it feels like the back of my brain is trying to push it's...
  20. judi

Bloating of the stomach

"Rich has already mentioned yeast overgrowth. Another possibility is bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine." I'm curious.....how would one know if it's yeast or bacteria? And how would foods high in sugar cause that?
  21. judi

How does fish oil cause fever?

could that mean it's a histamine intolerance?
  22. judi

What do you all make of my illness? Esperanza here :)

Thank you for sharing that, it breaks my heart to see what everyone goes through via these forums. I'm always grateful to you for sharing information because I've learned a lot from you so far. May I ask you how old you are? I'm just curious about how long you've been sick and when it started
  23. judi

What do you all make of my illness? Esperanza here :)

This stage is also the stage where heart damage seems to actually have occurred in my case (I now have 2 leaking heart valves I didnt have in the previous stages). I think with this latest stage.. im on my way to heart failure. This is Cheneys final stage of ME. ...... May I ask you how...
  24. judi

wiped out with exhaustion and pain

I think it's good that you can post that here. not too many people can truly understand what it's like to want to live and not have the energy to do so. I'm wiped out today as well and it's frustrating, but I always tell myself tomorrow is gonna be great. So now I'll tell you the same...
  25. judi

Dr. Judy Mikovits fights back through the courts

this story is just sad, no one wins with this
  26. judi

Thank you for helping me with my symptoms

I'm afraid of the diuretic and want off of it ASAP. I'm not sure I understand POTS yet, I've seen it mentioned here a lot and i've read about it some, but it's not computing in my brain. "only when there is no choice" is my new motto....I'm now at a point where I am dropping foods like a baby...
  27. judi

and one more thing, recently my naturally curly hair went straight except for a clump of hair at the top center of my head which now looks like it came out of a dr suess book.... it sticks straight up in the air and it feels like someone used a crimping iron on it........ it's funny, but scary...
  28. judi

PS it's just about going to kill me to have to keep cutting out foods that make me ill, I used to swear I'd go to my grave with some candy and cake in hand....... life is hard, but death is harder! that was a bit of a joke. be well all
  29. judi

I've always said that if someone would just throw me a bone or two I might be able to take care of myself (to some degree). This week I started to post a little bit here and "nanonug & taniaaust1 " threw me the bones I needed or at least it seems that way. I've been sick for years it started...