• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

CD4 count

Hi lobba, can you say what doctor is treating you with GcMAF? If you can't, I'd appreciate if you could pm me. I'm looking for a doctor... Thanks
  2. P

Ruggiero and www.hivforum.info

The post on your forum quotes $5000 but in reference to what Dr Cheney in the US charges his own patients. This doctor is obviously adding his own profit margin to the basic cost. Do you want to blame Ruggiero for the actions of another doctor? The cost in Europe, and what I paid, and what...
  3. P

If CFS is an autoimmune disease, could boosting the immune system be harmful?

Chronic infection of chlamydia pneumonia's symptoms cycle over time. Damage and impact usually differ from person to person. Some develop MS and other autoimmune diseases, while others manage to get away with less damage. I wouldn't know about differences between men and women...
  4. P

Ruggiero and www.hivforum.info

Skydrake, I just had a look at your website which I didn't even know it existed. I've also just read through the letter of condemnation of the work of Prof Ruggiero that you, or whomever in the name of the "HIV forum group" wrote. I won't go into the debate of the science in the HIV field of...
  5. P

If CFS is an autoimmune disease, could boosting the immune system be harmful?

I think autoimmunity is secondary to developing CFS. Rather than boosting the immune system it's probably safer trying and remove the causes of immune disturbances. There are too many cases of people getting better on antivirals, antibiotics, gcmaf etc. to ignore that pathogens are involved at...
  6. P

NHS GP treating patients with B12 Injections.

In my country, in the old days, when GPs were actual physicians and were allowed to practice common sense medicine, rely on their clinical experience etc. they would ordinarily prescribe to both physically and emotionally run down patients injections of B12 and other B vitamins. I remember as a...
  7. P

gcmaf homeopathic

I just got mine. The cost can be reduced by culturing the yogurt for a number of people. The doctor confirmed to me that in theory there's not a limit on portions. One just needs to proportionally adjust the quantity of the key ingredients that are added to the starter e.g. milk, as the bacteria...
  8. P

VDR and microbes, how does GcMAF affect the VDR?

I don't think anybody knows yet how gcmaf really works... This is from Prof R website: "We recently demonstrated that the F and b alleles of the polymorphic VDR gene were associated with the highest response (in terms of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) formation and proliferation) to...
  9. P

www.supportdrmyhill.co.uk Press Release regarding Stuart Jones

Clinical scientist? What does this idiot actually do for a living? Is he going to pay for all the unnecessary trouble, anxiety, suffering he caused to Dr M? I've only one word for him but can't say it as I don't want to cause trouble for the forum.
  10. P

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Can anyone explain what is the reason C4a moves when on gcmaf. I'm not convinced that generally speaking a good treatment makes you worse before getting better, unless there are specific medical reasons for that. I understand from earlier posts that it's supposed to increase due to some...
  11. P

Questions for GcMAF experts

Thank you all for your answers. Clodomir thanks also for sharing your tests. Can I ask where I can do the tests, in particular Nagalase?
  12. P

Questions for GcMAF experts

I was wondering what tests are more appropriate to assess whether one can benefit from GcMAF and also monitor whether therapy is working (excluding genetic testing). I've read in a few posts that Nagalase seems important. Is this a key test? Others? I don't want to spend money on endless...
  13. P

MAF 314

I have just gone through a couple of presentations of Dr Ruggiero. I'm confused...He says that a specially enriched milk with Gc protein is needed to make this yoghurt. I'm assuming this milk does not come with the supplies which, from previous posts, I understand only affect the conversion to...
  14. P

VDR testing

Ciao Lobba123, I don't understand what ff/BB is... can you tell where you had the test done? are you having the treatment?
  15. P

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Leonora, what does co-infections mean? is there a main infection or more, Gcmaf is supposed to treat but not those co-infections? I don't understand what infections are "co-" what are not in this context.
  16. P

VDR testing

From feedback, it doesn't seem a test worth pursuing. Many thanks for your replies.
  17. P

VDR testing

Hi, this is my first post. I'm currently looking into GcMAF as a possible treatment. I have seen a Prof. Ruggiero's presentation where he said that response to GcMAF depends on which VDR genotype. On that basis they have observed that about 30% of the population responds well to the treatment...