• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Jason et al propose four ME/CFS groupings

Jason has his own definition of Ramsay/ME. This is not ME as Ramsay and others have defined it.
  2. F

"Unraveling the role of perfectionism in chronic fatigue syndrome"

Could someone supply me with the full-text version of this study? We would like to submit a comment to Psychiatry Research. Thanks in advance. Frank
  3. F

Harvey and Wessely's (bio)psychosocial model versus a bio(psychosocial) model

About the quality of research... After my experiences with BMC, Dutch scientific journals etc. I have serious doubts about the quality in general (making it difficult to make a distinction between "good"/facts and "bad" science/fiction). Science is indeed socially controlled, and so it...
  4. F

According to prof. de Meirleir is defining a disease (sorry "syndrome") by its symptoms rather silly. Biomarkers (immunological , infectious, physiological etc) are the only objective measures, e.g. to define subgroups (low NK cell acivity) and to measure the results of interventions (e.g...
  5. F

You can find previous versions here: http://www.biomedcentral.com/1741-7015/8/35/prepub The original version with animal metaphors, e.g. the original title ME/CFS: Zebra's, horses, lions and elephants are all considered and treated identical in The Animal Kingdom of Harvey and Wessely...
  6. F

Answer to shrewsbury Thanks for your nice words. I am neither a good politician (too impatient) nor a hero (don't have the superman appereance), but just a patient who wants to get the facts straight and proper medical care (like many others).
  7. F

Critique on the (bio)psychosocial model of Harvey and Wessely We were frustrated by BMC and our peer form the CDC in many ways. We were not allowed to use animal-like metaphors. We were not allowed to use very clear statements (we substantiate why Harvey and Wessely's (bio)psychosocial...
  8. F

MAES 4-19-2010 Treatment of ME/CFS should target the pathophysiological aberrations

Treatment of ME/CFS should target the pathophysiological aberrations... Hey there, In order to prevent potential confusion.... I am not a Belgian doctor, but a Dutch patient, working together with dr. Maes to get relevant facts published in scientific journals. Dr. Maes is a...
  9. F

Why myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) may kill you

A delayed reaction... Thank You. Most were very positive. In the general interest I hope the review will be referred to by others.
  10. F

Why myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) may kill you

I think is isn't available yet... Frank Two other studies aboit the seriousness of this illness: A review on cognitive behavorial therapy (CBT) and graded exercise therapy (GET) in myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) / chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS): CBT/GET is not only ineffective and...