• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Digoxin

Does anyone happen to be on the medication digoxin for cardiac isssues, if so have you found it helps your PEM, sensory overload or myalgia at all? I'ts possible that it may work via HIF1a inhibition thereby reducing lactate production following tissue hypoxia. Of course in the long term this...
  2. T

Join the Millions Missing campaign by #MEAction

With the All Fall Down protest I think we need to focus more on media coverage. Need to inform the press of the event far more in advance and give them informative background information on the disease.
  3. T

#MillionsMissing Protest Demands Now Available

Thank you @JamieS to all involved for putting this together. This is great progress!
  4. T

Suggest ME/CFS priority studies to Norwegian govt by 20 April & prepare to vote for them in PR poll

It would be really useful to gather further insight into AMPK dynamics - to replicate Julia Newton's findings especially seeing as this profound abnormality cannot be explained by deconditioing. Also with regard to sensory overload and potential glutamatergic dysfunction - new radioligands for...