• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. No_more_pain

Therapy, Living with CFS and Anger

Do you think those hairy pencil topper things feel the same way with a pencil shoved up into their heads? Hmmm.
  2. No_more_pain

I hear the "sounds like you've lost hope" comment from friends & acqaintances (no therapist, here), and I'm tired of qualifying what I mean or how I feel. Because as you say - it's not a complete loss of hope, so much as a... dose of realistic thinking? Maybe that's how to put it. If I...
  3. No_more_pain

Honestly, I'll take anger any day of the week over depression or sadness. But all three (or more) are seemingly inevitable at various times. Your comment about "nothing changes" really resonates with me. I think it's that very notion that pushed me away from attempting various treatments...
  4. No_more_pain

Fried food 'fine for heart' if cooked with olive oil

So there I was, lightly sauting bumblebee legs and dandelion petals in a drizzle of evening primrose oil when I came across your message. I beg to differ! :cheshire:
  5. No_more_pain

Comment by 'No_more_pain' in 'Compare & Contrast: Teeth-brushing Edition'

Indeed. Maybe someday they'll use smaller logs. And make water that weighs less!
  6. No_more_pain

Anyone found any easier cleaning methods/tools to help the energy challenged??

What about bacteria that survived in a soup pot that fell into a nuclear fission reactor? MOVIE IDEA! I call dibs.
  7. No_more_pain

Compare & Contrast: Teeth-brushing Edition

8. No_more_pain

Comment by 'No_more_pain' in 'Second victory? ..... fail.'

Thanks for the luck. I guess we'll see. I'm still exhausted (two days later), but already thinking I may try another push (of some kind) on the coming weekend...
  9. No_more_pain

Second victory? ..... fail.

10. No_more_pain

Which CFS Symptom Do You Hate the Most?

For me, anymore, I think brain fog/concentration/memory difficulties probably hits me hardest. Don't get me wrong... all the other physical symptoms are horrible, and if I dwell on any single on of them, I can (in the moment) feel THAT surely must be the worst (like for example how some...
  11. No_more_pain

Comment by 'No_more_pain' in 'Appointment? Canceled! Sigh.'

Okay, well I'll just turn the wheel over to the both you, so to speak, and I'll head over here to my corner. . .
  12. No_more_pain

Comment by 'No_more_pain' in 'Thanksgiving, and she is gone.'

Such thoughtful... thoughts... valentinelynx. Thank you. Having compassion for myself, I've found, is hard. I seem to get hung up on disappointment (with myself) instead. Not quite the same thing!
  13. No_more_pain

Hah! Yeah - I've gotten into the habit (which probably looks pretty strange to others) of curling my index/pointer finger and looking through the tiny "hole" it forms. Same principle. Except instead of holding a timepiece to my face, I'm inexplicably giving the world the "okay" hand gesture...
  14. No_more_pain

Thanks for the welcome, L'engle - and thank you for reading. Also, I blasted those duplicate postings away, so no worries there. :)
  15. No_more_pain

Thanksgiving, and she is gone.

16. No_more_pain

Comment by 'No_more_pain' in 'Small Victories'

Fair enough. Thanks for reading, Merry :)
  17. No_more_pain

Thank you, Merry. :) Also - "May you live in interesting times."
  18. No_more_pain

Thank you for reading and commenting, Merry. Looks like 2012 will be The Year of the Eyes (which dethrones the previous title, Year of the Mayan Apocalypse)! And thank you for the compliment--that was a compliment, right? I realize as I type this that "interesting" in the...
  19. No_more_pain

Wow, such kind & thoughtful words. Thank you for reading, Ocean. That's a real struggle for me - determining that "I am doing this for me, doing this to be better (or less... worse... to phrase it poorly)" rather than "I'm letting me/them down," etc. Intellectually, I'm completely on board...
  20. No_more_pain

Thank you for reading and commenting. You said it very well, whereas I just put some kind of goofy spin on it. It's definitely an aspect of being unwell that I have struggled with a lot over the years, especially since I've pretty much lived with my family for this entire time. The general...
  21. No_more_pain

Small Victories

22. No_more_pain

No_more_pain

23. No_more_pain

Appointment? Canceled! Sigh.