• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Peep

Looking for Police Officers in UK

I'm looking to have contact with other police officers who were/are serving in the UK. I have been through the process of ill health retirement and could be of use to you, or if your further along then me, i'd like to pick your brains please. For other uses, sorry for posting 3 threads in...
  2. Peep

POLL - BRian Barr or RoydsRoyds Solicitors??

Thanks so much, I don't know if either will take me on as I have a federation and they don't like stepping on each others toes.
  3. Peep

POLL - BRian Barr or RoydsRoyds Solicitors??

Who are better Brian Barr Solicitors or RoydsRoyds?? I will be phoning one tomorrow for assistance and would like you opinion which is best for ME/Work advice?
  4. Peep

Lost My Fight

Thanks for the advice. I did contact multiple lawers and support groups at the beginning of this journey. However all of them are reluctant to get involved as all police officers are covered by the federation, and it is they who are supposed to deal with any issues. The federation have been...
  5. Peep

Lost My Fight

Thanks for the info and taking the time to respond. I will have a look at the links and see if I have any possible way of sorting this. Jesse has been on chat and has given me loads of advice too. I'm quite humbled by all the support. Many thanks Peep x
  6. Peep

Lost My Fight

Hi Gamboa, I'm in the UK. I'm a police officer. I failed to get ill health retirement even tho it went to appeal. The psychiatrist on the panel of 3 Consultants, painted me as a lazy woman who has mental health issues and if I had these treated, along with CBT and GET then I would get better...
  7. Peep

Lost My Fight

I am truly gutted! I have been ill with ME for 4 years. Within that time I have been fighting to get ill health retirement from my job as a police officer before they force me to resign. Today I have been told that I have lost that fight as I can not prove that ME is permanent. My request...