• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Why are not more ME and CFS patients involved in advocacy?

They want to start at changing the name to ME and making them ... accountable for their action..President Obama and Kathleen Sebelius. It's an ambitious start but these girls are bright and beautiful and won't stop till they get answers. Please support the Pay It Forward For Me Pledge...
  2. A

Paying It Forward for ME ! Please make a pledge now!

Hey everyone! Lizzie Fall and Sarah Whitestone (age 17) :Retro smile:both have ME/CFS have started a Pay It Forward for ME Pledge campaign to help Speak Up About ME have more younger people testify in Washington, D.C. at the Chronic Fatigue Advisory Meeting in May 2012. We are asking you with...
  3. A

Why are not more ME and CFS patients involved in advocacy?

We are trying to help gather as many people to go to Washington D.C. this May! Hey everyone! Lizzie Fall and Sarah Whitestone (age 17) both have ME/CFS have started a Pay It Forward for ME Pledge campaign to help Speak Up About ME have more younger people make a presentation in Washington, D.C...
  4. A

Lizzie Fall's Thoughts on Epstein Barr Virus in relation to MS and CFS/ME Take a look

Okay. Sorry to bombard you with all of this. Last post for a couple weeks. (Scroll Down) This is a quote I found from another person with an Invisible Illness. It rings so true to me. "You can't surf the web without reading story after story of "It all started with mono..." or "I've never been...
  5. A

Lizzie's Thoughts on Epstein Barr Virus in relation to MS and CFS/ME

Hello! When you are done watching Idol or whatever else, check out Lizzie's latest video. Please share this to support her and create awareness. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO5EcwDciwo My daughter is 17. Thanks for reading. Please feel free to share the video to support Lizzie...
  6. A

Support teenagers new advocacy video channel! Thanks

Dear GG, What a honor that would be for her. If you have any information on the organizer of the CFSAC meeting, private message me. Please feel free to comment on her youtube page and make that suggestion to her personally. (I'm pretty sure you can email her through youtube. Since I am her...
  7. A

Hello. Thank you for you support. Lizzie will be uploading more video's very soon.She's started a video channel to educate her friends about CFS/ME. Her story starts out like this... It started out when she got tired of explaining to her classmates why she was absent a lot. So she made a...
  8. A

Hello. Newbie here. I have a 17 year old daughter that has been sick with CFS for over one year. She also has POTS and maybe EDS. She's started a video channel to educate her friends about CFS/ME. It started out when she got tired of explaining to her classmates why she was absent a lot. So she...
  9. A

LSMAM Ruggiero & Gulisano Florence IT - NEW ME/CFS Office maf 314 oral probiotic

Hello. This is great news. I hope. I have a 17 year old daughter who's been doing research on CFS/ME Epstein Barr Virus. She often knows more about the illness than the doctor's do. I'm sure there are many others that are young adults researching on their own as well. I also have CFS/ME. I was...
  10. A

Not sure where to post this. Please share my 17 yr old daughter's CFS/POTS video.

Thanks for your lovely replies. Please share the video to raise awareness...especially teenagers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuFOmJ7RZco She's been blessed with beauty and brains. She struggles on what career she wants to pursue. She loves fashion. She has a blog she recently started...
  11. A

Not sure where to post this. Please share my 17 yr old daughter's CFS/POTS video.

Hello. My daughter has had CFS/ME for over a year now. It's really tough for a teenager in high school. Lizzie find she constantly has to explain why she's been absent. So she made this video for her friends. Please share it to create more awareness. Thank you...