• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. I

Nguyen et al/NCNED: Calcium mobilisation in NK cells from CFS/ME patients is associated with...

If you want to have more background about the TRPM3 channel you should read the following thesis: file:///D:/Med/uk_bl_ethos_485635.pdf One of the key consequences of the reduced Ca++ flux in TRPM3 channel is the activation of linked Na+ channel in the nervous sysem. The activation of the linked...
  2. I

Professor Martin Pall's Response to Wessely et al, J Roy Soc Med paper

The tenet of the Wessley paper is that people with MCS symptoms are acting to escape from society, hermit-like. While I know some who have done this, these are in the minority. Equally I know of many hermits who went to live on their own or in small communes for reasons other than anything to do...
  3. I

Mitochondrial enzymes discriminate between mitochondrial disorders and CFS

Histological studies show sporadic, but not uniform, abnormalities in muscle fibers and their mitochondria, (e.g., Behan, 1991). McCully et al. (1996) took the ambiguous position in their NMR studies of arguing for a defect in muscle oxidative metabolism while also maintaining the problems could...