• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

MAF 314, looking for someone to share

To everyone who wrote saying they would like to team up with a Cheney MAF 314 patient in their area: I did put your general locations out to the group. The moderator added a pretty long message of her own to my message, saying that at this time the Clinic isn't approving sharing because of the...
  2. L

Yes, Gordon Medical in Santa Rosa.
  3. L

Papillon, Someone who took the class described it today as not difficult, but extremely exacting. If you do try to make it yourself, I hope you succeed. I think they are measuring success by nagalase levels, so it wouldn't be hard to find out if you've hit the right process. Best of luck. Linder220
  4. L

Just learned there may be a particular gut bacteria that makes a person a non-responder to MAF 314. Study has just begun on this.
  5. L

Mellster, Drewmaster, Anne & all, I have managed to cancel the class this month without penalty. Others are also waiting for the kinks to be worked out, so I don't feel too flakey. Yes, the culture needs to be done weekly, one full day of brewing and watching and then another partial day the...
  6. L

UKXMRV: My general impression of what's going wrong is that some of us aren't lab-science or even cooking oriented and/or may have unknown contaminants floating around in the air in our homes. Most challenges seem to be in finding the right kind of milk to start out with. There's good support...
  7. L

Thanks to everyone who replied. Yes, it is thru the Cheney Clinic. I am however getting cold feet about doing it right now as many people who've taken the class are having major challenges making the MAF at home. I'm waiting to talk to someone at the clinic about my concerns and will get back to...
  8. L

Hello everyone, This is my first time posting so I hope I'm not doing anything wrong. I'll be taking a class on how to make MAF 314 next month. I understand that each batch I make will be double what I need. I hate to just throw half a batch away every week. Is there anyone that has been told...