• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

The difference between MS and ME

I have found this document on the web site `The Hummingbirds` Foundation for M.E.` very useful when comparing the similarities and differences between M.E. and MS http://www.hfme.org/PDF/ME_vs_MS.pdf I also have a very close friend who has MS and although we have some similarities we also have...
  2. F

3 Things that Help the Most!!

Rest Pacing Meditation
  3. F

3 things you tried that made you WORSE!

GET Amitryptiline Stress in life!
  4. F

Which CFS Symptom Do You Hate the Most?

Loss of cognitive abilities and lack of a decent nights sleep for one reason or another!
  5. F

Since your ME/CFS onset, have you caught the Cold & or Flu more or less frequently?

Pre M.E. I had lots of colds and coughs, though I can`t recall having the flu. My first signs of flu in fact turned out to be M.E. In the begining I caught a lot of colds but as time has gone on that has diminished to next to nothing. I am mostly housebound but the odd occasions I come into...
  6. F

Healthy until contracted ME/CFS?

As a child I had lots of colds and infections in the ears and had my tonsils out at an early age. At school I picked up all the usual, mumps, measles and chickenpox. I was fairly fit and healthy after that though I was prone to still catching colds and coughs that were hard to shift. My health...