• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. JPV

Scientists want to train kids to be bulls**t detectors regarding health claims

Gotta make sure that no one questions big pharma's monopoly over health care.
  2. JPV

"Theory linking Nitric Oxide, Autism and ME"-from David whitlock

Yeah, that's from David Whitlock's old blog. There's already been numerous posts on the forum, over the years, about his theories regarding NO. His theories are definitely interesting. He's developed a product, called AOBiome, that's supposed to replenish NO producing bacteria on the skin. I...
  3. JPV

Naviaux et. al.: Metabolic features of chronic fatigue syndrome

Yeah, I agree that there is no such thing as a "one size fits all" diet but I may not have been as clear about that belief as I intended.
  4. JPV

This might be a good starting point... Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?
  5. JPV

Yeah, in addition to diet, taking (the proper) probiotics has been the other approach that's helped me the most. There's definitely something there. I don't think it's the root problem but it seems to help alleviate some of the symptoms at least.
  6. JPV

Diet helps me a lot. Food definitely is an issue as my symptoms often get worse, after a meal, if I'm not careful. You say you're on a "decent diet" but the problem is figuring out what exactly constitutes a good diet. There is no real consensus on this subject. Factor in allergies, pathogens...
  7. JPV

I have high LDL and low HDL. My mother, who also suffers from ME/CFS, has very high LDL. What's so unusual, is that she's abnormally skinny and avoids eating any fats. I'm wondering if her high LDL might be her body's response to some sort of chronic inflammation, which is what a lot of the...
  8. JPV

I'm not an expert on the subject but I wouldn't take the references to "dauer state" too literally. Though it's not the primary rational behind the Paleo Diet, it does remove a lot of highly inflammatory foods, such as grains and sugars, which would seem to be of benefit here.
  9. JPV

How a UK teen diagnosed her own rare illness - written off as 'CFS'

I've been speculating for years that many, if not all, subsets of this illness may have been caused by vaccines. I believe that the medical industry, and it's cronies in government, are entirely afraid of the ramifications of something like this. That is probably why no serious effort is made to...
  10. JPV

Dealing with chest pain

I've also started having Angina symptoms over the last few years. @Kitsune, as you touched on, another thing to look into is Lactic Acid. Reportedly many of us with CFS suffer from Lactic Acid producing bacteria in our systems. Lactic Acid is a major Angina trigger. I actually had a severe...
  11. JPV

New Understanding of Chronic Fatigue Can Pave Way to Better Treatment

I don't have MS so I'm not sure that her approach applies to me. Paul Jaminet's Perfect Health Diet does help me a lot and seems like a better fit for my situation. I've also gotten a good bit of relief from taking probiotics, such as Miyarasin, so that's another avenue that seems to work very...
  12. JPV

New Understanding of Chronic Fatigue Can Pave Way to Better Treatment

Really? Multiple Sclerosis Diet: Doctor Terry Wahls Reverses MS With Diet Alone
  13. JPV

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

The excerpt you linked to mentions that csFOS feeds "health promoting bacteria" such as Lactobacilli. Keep in mind that some strains such as Lactobacillus, which are healthy for the general population, are not well tolerated many who suffer from ME/CFS.
  14. JPV

Whats FINALLY worked for me.

Just for the record Naltrexone is not an opioid... it's an opioid antagonist.
  15. JPV

"Your gut bacteria predates appearance of humans", Guardian article

That's because nobody knows what they're talking about yet.
  16. JPV

The replication crisis in science has just begun. It will be big. (Blog)

Every institution on the planet has been corrupted by the greed and financial interests of the sociopathic wealth addicts that are in control of everything. This will never change and will only get worse over time. Humans are a deeply flawed and degenerate species that will eventually destroy...
  17. JPV

Liquid Protein Diet = Big Help With Energy + Digestion + Nausea

Like most of these sorts of things, it seems sort of hit-and-miss. Some people swear by it other don't much care for it. I remember checking the ingredients awhile ago and some of them seemed a bit questionable to me. I got the impression that some ingredients might have been chosen more for...
  18. JPV

Liquid Protein Diet = Big Help With Energy + Digestion + Nausea

I've toyed with the idea of trying Soylent or some other form of elemental diet.
  19. JPV

It's been very helpful for me. I tend to be of the opinion that the benefit I receive might be due to it competing with negative bacteria or yeasts, such as candida, but this is just a guess. I've worked up to taking 4-5 per day but it took months to get there. I wonder if a lot of the negative...
  20. JPV

I generally take it before going to bed and try to avoid taking it within a couple of hours of eating.
  21. JPV

Complete Symptom Relief and CFS Remission Since Starting Nitric Oxide Supplement

I should warn you that many people have had issues with it, so be careful. If you do try it, start off very slowly with one tablet and gradually increase the dosage. I'm not very sensitive to many supplements, I started on a full dose of NO2 Black with no problem, but Miyarisan is one of the...
  22. JPV

Complete Symptom Relief and CFS Remission Since Starting Nitric Oxide Supplement

Not sure, but I seem to have all the symptoms including the ones you mentioned. I don't know about fluconazole as I've never tried it. Everything I've ever read online seems to indicate that it's nearly impossible to get rid of candida once it's become systemic. I will also add that I got some...
  23. JPV

Somehow, whatever issues I'm dealing with always seems to come back to candida...
  24. JPV

Yeah, I remember having a test done, years ago, showing that I have high uric acid. Probably something I should look into.
  25. JPV

Ok, so I've been using NO2 Black for 4 days now at full (10 tablets per day) dosage. I've experienced no negative effects and actually felt pretty good for half the day yesterday. But I can't say I've had any dramatic sustained improvements. One of the issues I've been struggling with, the...
  26. JPV

Grains and sugars precipitate neuroinflammation?

Not specifically. I know he says to avoid the peel. Not only because of any pesticides that may be on them but the peel also has it's own natural pesticide/toxin properties. Obviously this isn't fatal for humans to consume but if you have any health issues you're going to want to eat as cleanly...
  27. JPV

I wouldn't feel compelled to follow 100% of any person's dietary recommendations. Jaminet is ok with eating dairy but I try to avoid it as I have allergic reactions to it. Either way, he's pretty good about admitting that there is no "one size fits all" approach and proposes variations of his...
  28. JPV

I wonder if there is some synergistic effect going on with your regimen. Other than LDN and lactoferrin, do you mind listing what else you're currently taking?
  29. JPV

Yeah, that's another thing that Paul Jaminet talks about. He's very specific about the ratio of carbs, protein and fats that are optimum for health.